Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 05:40 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Scripture is the word of God. 2nd Timothy is not scripture. The words of Jesus and the prophets are scripture.
get behind me, satan. or, bring your Witness, that i may Cross-examine her. wadr. 2Tim is Scripture, It is Book, and profitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am at a loss to understand bbyrd's agenda here. He is posting at a phenomenal 5 times the average daily rate of most posters and most are unintelligible. His posts are virtually saturating the forum and driving everyone else's posts off the active pages very quickly. It is a saturation bombing campaign of sorts. Perhaps it is a new trolling technique to keep attention on his posts. Either he does NOT have a job or he is more than one poster using the same login.
then maybe i will take the hint, ty, but all i care about is exposing Word wadr. i post a lot because there is a lot of Apostasy here, that i hope to drive away, because i like this forum. bless the day when i am not led to post at all! i have a garden to prune! lol could you Apostates go to Apostolic Friends Forum, please? They love Apostates there. you will be welcomed, and warmly embraced. here, i'll get you a link.

Apostolic Friends Forum

extra added bonus: i have just been banned from there, should make your day, what are you waiting for?

now i grant that, yes, i am posting more than i even wish. but i have a guy telling me he does not understand "God's Breath>your ear," and thus also misunderstands Paul's "meet Him in the air" experience. Ergo, "It is very near to you" is also not understood. And if It is not "very near to you," then where will you go to find It, if you cannot hear the prophets? to Apostates? best of luck to you then. This is my job. Do you need help with the scroll function, or the ignore function, or what

Old 11-21-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
As I said....
there you go, as Raf said. Raf the Attacker, who was not attacked. Should tell you all you need to know.

and ps, i forgive you Raf. i understand.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:56 AM

ps, ironic that you came to my thread with this, huh? and just so you know, one word from an OP of another thread that i am blathering on, and i will leave it for good. A simple "Mark, do you mind?" is all it takes, k.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:43 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Weird....2 Timothy 3:16 and 1 Peter 1:21 say that the Bible DOES contain the Word of God.

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," (2 Tim 3:16)

"for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God." (2 Peter 1:21)

So..yes---the Bible IS God's Word -- because it's inspired. And no prophet ever gave a prophecy according to his OWN will, but by the Holy Spirit speaking it.

What's sad is that you'd rather believe the feelings and emotions you get rather than the inspired Word of God.
No.

The Bible is the inspired word of God, but is not the Word of God. The Word of God is not a book that could toss into a fire, lay on a bookshelf never read until it turns to dust, or soak in water.

The Word of God is that God came for us. We see it in nature, which despite our best attempts to rape the planet, still givres us a healthy harvest. We see it in the miracle of birth and death. And we see it with Jesus. A book, even a good one, is just a book.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:40 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
get behind me, satan. or, bring your Witness, that i may Cross-examine her. wadr. 2Tim is Scripture, It is Book, and profitable.
The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. If you do not want to believe in me then believe in the works so you will see that the Father lives in me and I in Him.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me. If you do not want to believe in me then believe in the works so you will see that the Father lives in me and I in Him.
ya ok, work on this

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BIBLE, AND THE BIBLE WAS WITH GOD, AND THE BIBLE WAS GOD.

and have a good day.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:49 AM

619 posts, read 311,748 times
Quote:
ya ok, work on this

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BIBLE, AND THE BIBLE WAS WITH GOD, AND THE BIBLE WAS GOD.

and have a good day.
If you had that statement translated for you from one of the oldest manuscripts in the world, that is, the Coptic, (Boharic), Text, and you inserted "BIBLE" in the way that you do, it would look something like this:

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BIBLE, AND THE BIBLE WAS WITH GOD, AND THE BIBLE WAS A GOD.

Just an interesting tittlebit . . . :-)

Old 11-21-2016, 09:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
If you had that statement translated for you from one of the oldest manuscripts in the world, that is, the Coptic, (Boharic), Text, and you inserted "BIBLE" in the way that you do, it would look something like this:

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BIBLE, AND THE BIBLE WAS WITH GOD, AND THE BIBLE WAS A GOD.

Just an interesting tittlebit . . . :-)
Nah...You are wrong...But, this is what happens when one lacks the basic linguistic tools...

Old 11-21-2016, 09:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
2 Timothy is a letter to a church or individual, not scripture...The letters seem to refer the reader back to the Hebrew scriptures...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity