Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 10:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
It has nothing to do with me. The kingdom of the heavens is like a net: either study to show yourself approved or end up the twice dead rotting carcass of a no-good castaway fish.
LOL.

Such a special, special snowflake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 10:16 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Please quote the places where Yeshua said such things as you say in your scare-quotes. Otherwise your generalisations and paraphrasing of whole passages in such a way as you have done are really not even true but rather only your interpretations of various passages and parables to suit your agenda. Here is a real quote:

John 12:46-47

46 I am come a light into the world so that whosoever is faithfully-trusting into me should not abide in the darkness.
47 And if anyone hear my sayings, and keep them not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but that the world should be delivered [saved].
Go look at post #4.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:17 AM

619 posts, read 311,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
LOL.

Such a special, special snowflake.
LOL.

Another singing Trout Dude glued to a wall plaque . . .

Old 11-23-2016, 10:22 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks for the correction.

Although, don't most Christians believe Jesus is also Yaweh?
I guess. Sort of. There was always a definite divide in my mind, when I was a Christian, between God the Father, and Jesus, even though I believed Jesus was God. The God-Father was the scary dude that supposedly loved us, but needed a mediator, the Son-God, to stand between us and him so that he (with his delicate sensibilities) could stand to look at us filthy, vile sinners and not send us to an eternity of indescribable torment.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:27 AM

619 posts, read 311,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Go look at post #4.
You mean the scripture posted there? That is allegory; Yeshua says, "Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?" And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, "Behold my mother and my brethren!" (Does he not have a mother and four brethren? and how many fingers are on each hand?). "For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in the heavens, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." So each of us has our own "members" of our own "households" and Yeshua came to part your house asunder, (your body-temple is your house). Your heavenly Father -vs- your father the devil, and Yerushalem of above, (mother-covenant) -vs- your mother of harlots, (Rev 17), and your son of consolation and comfort -vs- your son of perdition, and father against son, and mother against daughter, and so on and so on, until you cleave away from the old man nature and adhere yourself wholly unto your heavenly Father. As for literal physical mothers and fathers of procreation Yeshua upholds the commandment in several other places: we are to honor our father and mother.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:48 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why are you asking me that? What does it have to do with the fact that there are groups of people in our age and society who are suffering because they have long been considered OTHER and LESS THAN?
because "there is nothing new under the sun".

John 4:9
The Samaritan woman said to him [Jesus],
“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?”
(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.) ... why was that common knowledge if that wasn't the attitude of the Jews towards the Samaritans of the day?

We know all to well that the Jews had considered Samaritans \ Gentiles " OTHER and LESS THAN" themselves.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:57 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
because "there is nothing new under the sun".

John 4:9
The Samaritan woman said to him [Jesus],
“You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?”
(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

(For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.) ... why was that common knowledge if that wasn't the attitude of the Jews towards the Samaritans of the day?

We know all to well that the Jews had considered Samaritans \ Gentiles " OTHER and LESS THAN" themselves.

Right ... and Jesus didn't just sweep that under the rug and pretend it didn't exist.

Old 11-23-2016, 11:18 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Right ... and Jesus didn't just sweep that under the rug and pretend it didn't exist.
nor did Jesus bother to attempt to change it either. In fact he said it would get worse:
Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death,
and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
" ~ Jesus

"When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. " ~ Jesus

Old 11-23-2016, 11:19 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I wish we lived in a perfect world (Dream Time) too.
We don't.
So does that mean we accept injustice and turn away from HATE in actions?

Old 11-23-2016, 11:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Nope, I am saying that about you and you are simply pretending it is not true of yourself and the OP even when it is blatantly obvious from the OP.
Confusion is easy to believe when one refuses to see the whole picture..of the entire list of PEOPLE Jesus says matters, YOU FOCUS ON BLACK LIVES as the THEME???? Time for people to put that sheet away and come out as a HUMAN...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity