Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 07:10 AM

1,302 posts, read 683,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
How about you let Jewish people decide what THEY want to do and believe, keep your own religion out of it, and don't try to Christianize symbols that have nothing to do with your religion?

How about that?
Yes you know I was actually postulating to Force them to use Christmas tree as a requirement for them to be living in this side of the Atlantic Ocean..... Dahhh

Old 11-24-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I'm curious as to why you believe that doing one would lead to the other.

Because Hanukkah trees are already happening Just google it.
In Exchange Christmas Menorah is not happening yet.

Quote:

I don't care what you put up in house; you lighting a Chanukiah isn't going to lead me to putting up a Christmas tree in my house any more than you copying a seder is going to make me celebrate Easter.
I never thought that all jews were going to agree.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 11-24-2016 at 07:25 AM..

Old 11-24-2016, 07:58 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Because Hanukkah trees are already happening Just google it.
In Exchange Christmas Menorah is not happening yet.
You didn't answer the question: Why do you believe that incorporating the Chanukiah into Christmas would lead to Jews doing the reverse?

Old 11-24-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer the question: Why do you believe that incorporating the Chanukiah into Christmas would lead to Jews doing the reverse?
Empathy, simpathy, friendship?

I mean, zealot feelings are learned and indoctrinated, but Empathy, Simpathy, Friendship are Natural in Human nature, and we know that Human nature was made by God.

The other point is evidence somehow the strugle for Jews to adopt Christmas trees is less than the Christian strugle to use Christmas Menorah .

I also showed that According to Torah, a Bush Enlightned not burning is the First image Moses described as the mean through which God talked to Him. a Christmas tree couldn´t be more alike to that.

I am Trying to remember where in the Old testament can we read of the Menorah, Do you remember? because I can read about it in the New testament. but I don't remember having read about it in the Old one.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 11-24-2016 at 08:31 AM..

Old 11-24-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Empathy, simpathy, friendship?

I mean, zealot feelings are learned and indoctrinated, but Empathy, Simpathy, Friendship are Natural in Human nature, and we know that Human nature was made by God.

The other point is evidence somehow the strugle for Jew to adopt Christmas tree is less tan the Christian strugle to use Christmas Menorah .

I also showed that According to Torah, a Bush Enlightned not burning is the First image Moses described as the mean through which God talked to Him. a Christmas tree couldn´t be more alike to that.

I am Trying to remember where in the Old testament can we read of the Menorah, Do you remember? because I can read about it in the New testament. but I don't remember having read about it in the Old one.
You believe that empathy, sympathy , and friendship should lead one to adopt another's traditions and practices? Does that mean you are going to adopt Muslim practices in order to show those same traits?

Chanukah is a post-biblical holiday. It is a minor festival to celebrate the re-dedication of the Second Temple, which occurred after the Torah was given.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You believe that empathy, sympathy , and friendship should lead one to adopt another's traditions and practices? Does that mean you are going to adopt Muslim practices in order to show those same traits?

There is meat in the stores which is Kosher and Hallal at the same time, Wouldn't you eat it because it is Hallal despite being also Kosher?

Quote:

Chanukah is a post-biblical holiday. It is a minor festival to celebrate the re-dedication of the Second Temple, which occurred after the Torah was given.

at least we can read of it in the New testament. otherwise it will be an object as questionable as the "David star" which is no more than an esoteric talismán. ¿Have you read the Key of Salomon?

Old 11-24-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
There is meat in the stores which is Kosher and Hallal at the same time, Wouldn't you eat it because it is Hallal despite being also Kosher?
Again, you didn't answer the question.

Quote:
at least we can read of it in the New testament. otherwise it will be an object as questionable as the "David star" which is no more than an esoteric talismán. ¿Have you read the Key of Salomon?
No, I've not read it. Grimoirs and esoteric texts from the middle ages don't interest me. You do realize that that book had nothing to do with Solomon and was most likely written in 15th century Italy, right?

Old 11-24-2016, 09:04 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:

In the most part hallal meat fulfills the requirements for it being kosher therefore one would on a practical reason eat it not out of empathy. My wife and I are both atheists she being from a weddings and funerals Christian background and me a non religious Jewish one. She some years puts out a menorah and if we are staying home for Christmas and family are coming down will put up a Christmas tree. I see no reason to put up a symbol for another religion as it has no connection to either of us and therefore why? I also do not put up flags of other countries on my house but do put up little Canadian ones on Canada Day. If we had a Muslim living in our home we might put up something for them but it would be their call of if we did and what we did. If it was up to me I would put up neither the menorah nor the Christmas tree only because neither is part of who I am and I would not put up decorations that only had meanings for people living outside of my home. The wife sometimes has put up Christmas lights on the house as well but we do not have a blow up snowman or Santa on the front lawn.

I think you are asking people to be something other than themselves for no real reason. If I wanted a share the Christian Christmas I would go to a Mass or Christmas service, which I have a couple of times in my life. That would have more meaning to me than putting up a tree calling it a Jewish one when there is nothing in that tradition calling for a tree. One does not need to copy in order to respect I mean how many countries in the word do people celebrate Guy Fox (sic) day or Australian holidays.

Old 11-24-2016, 09:14 AM

22,181 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
I never thought that all jews were going to agree.
So then you will have your wife and daughter start wearing a burqa? No? Why not?

Old 11-24-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
So then you will have your wife and daughter start wearing a burqa? No? Why not?
If they want they can in fact We catholics used to have not Burcas but "Rebozos" Click the link

They were used by women to enter the Church and if the weather was cold. Grandmas use them more.

They stoped from being used after Vatican II Council.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l--NRhcxRR...0/P1010005.JPG

http://cdn.mexiconewsnetwork.com/upl...Exposition.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity