Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 03:15 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times

Advertisements

What if we Christians begin to Christianize the Menorah for Christmas so jews may adopt the Tree in their Hanukkah?

Old 11-23-2016, 03:22 PM

By the way, In the Book of the Apocalypse we read about the Lord among the Candles in the most holy of the holiest.

Revelation 1:12-13

12 So I turned, to see what voice it was that was speaking to me. And as I turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks, 13 and in the midst of these seven golden candlesticks one who seemed like a son of man, clothed in a long garment, with a golden girdle about his breast.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:25 PM

619 posts, read 311,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
What if we Christians begin to Christianize the Menorah for Christmas so jews may adopt the Tree in their Hanukkah?
Quote:
By the way, In the Book of the Apocalypse we read about the Lord among the Candles in the most holy of the holiest.

Revelation 1:12-13

12 So I turned, to see what voice it was that was speaking to me. And as I turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks, 13 and in the midst of these seven golden candlesticks one who seemed like a son of man, clothed in a long garment, with a golden girdle about his breast.
Hmmm, why not just keep it Hebrew and study what it might mean in its various contexts?

Old 11-23-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
Hmmm, why not just keep it Hebrew and study what it might mean in its various contexts?
Perhaps because we also have it in the New Testament.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:42 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Problem is that the three sided triangle Christmas evergreen tree represents the three sided Trinity of God and the , evergreen tree also represents everlasting life , Where the Jewish traditional faith does not believe in the trinity of God

Old 11-23-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Problem is that the three sided triangle Christmas evergreen tree represents the three sided Trinity of God and the , evergreen tree also represents everlasting life , Where the Jewish traditional faith does not believe in the trinity of God
They dont need a Triangled Tree they can have a normal tree with lights and spheres, like a Burning Bush...

Exodus 3:2

And here the Lord revealed himself through a flame that rose up from the midst of a bush; it seemed that the bush was alight, yet did not burn.

A christmas tree has plasma leds or very hot filaments in light bulbs which may burn, but the Christmas tree doesn't burn. I mean, the similarities are astonishing. And Christmas tres are rather shorter tan real tres more like a bush size, Aren't they?

Old 11-23-2016, 05:28 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
What if "christians"celebrated Hanukkah and then celebrated Mawlid al-Nabi and opened their homes to their JEWISH and MUSLIM neighbors instead of HIJACKING another religion's HOLY DAY and SYMBOLS??

Old 11-23-2016, 05:32 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
They dont need a Triangled Tree they can have a normal tree with lights and spheres, like a Burning Bush...
[/color]
How about you let Jewish people decide what THEY want to do and believe, keep your own religion out of it, and don't try to Christianize symbols that have nothing to do with your religion?

How about that?

Old 11-23-2016, 05:41 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,865,285 times
Quote:
I'm curious as to why you believe that doing one would lead to the other.

I don't care what you put up in house; you lighting a Chanukiah isn't going to lead me to putting up a Christmas tree in my house any more than you copying a seder is going to make me celebrate Easter.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What if "christians"celebrated Hanukkah and then celebrated Mawlid al-Nabi and opened their homes to their JEWISH and MUSLIM neighbors instead of HIJACKING another religion's HOLY DAY and SYMBOLS??

Christianism is the Plenitud of Judaism, you can't be more jew than by being a Christian Catholic at leas that is what Mother Miriam Former Roselind Moss who was a Jew converted to Protestantism then to catholicism then ordered Nun. The promises of YHVH given to the Prophets were fulfilled in YHSH. Islam in Exchange to Judaism far from fulfilling the Prophesies of the Old Testament is a kind of setback in the Revelation Trajectory.

By the Way Hanukkah is not in the Sacred Scriptures of the Jewish Canon or protestant canon, but we can Read of the events sorounding it in the Catholic/Orthodox canon in the Books of Macabees which both Jews and Protestants reject.

Last edited by Alonso_Castillo; 11-24-2016 at 07:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity