Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 12:19 PM

23,150 posts, read 10,449,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Satan is not what christians think...
I am all with you on that.

I don't believe that it is simply a bad inclination though, I believe there are actual, individual spirits in us, spirits of people who have lived before under the authority of Adam. Jesus became a new Adam, a spirit that indwells people, and I see Adam the same way except that humanity fell, the spirit fell but Adam has all his people as does Jesus. I believe that when we die, we become spirits, we go down to an Earth and we push people here and there. I believe the New Testament teaches that one spirit comes, and then a stronger spirit and as one studies and clings to truth, more educated spirits come.

But that we are to overcome each one, and then to finally receive the spirit of Christ after being tested over and over by those of Adam, and Satan.

Something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 12:25 PM

619 posts, read 311,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed you would look into the mirror at the mountain staring back at you, and say to the mountain, Get behind me, O great mountain, be removed from here and be cast into the Sea! and it would be done for you, (but that genos of mountain does not come out except through prayer). In like manner is your fourth generation fig bearing no fruit, O king.

Watching I was, and behold, as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the Sea: and the third part of the Sea became blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
wow....the arrogance of that god wreaks from these posts...
Wow, the arrogance of naysayers and haters of the Word of God coming into a Christian forum board and claiming that those who quote the scripture are arrogant.

Matthew 17:20-21, Matthew 21:21, Revelation 8:8.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am all with you on that.

I don't believe that it is simply a bad inclination though, I believe there are actual, individual spirits in us, spirits of people who have lived before under the authority of Adam. Jesus became a new Adam, a spirit that indwells people, and I see Adam the same way except that humanity fell, the spirit fell but Adam has all his people as does Jesus. I believe that when we die, we become spirits, we go down to an Earth and we push people here and there. I believe the New Testament teaches that one spirit comes, and then a stronger spirit and as one studies and clings to truth, more educated spirits come.

But that we are to overcome each one, and then to finally receive the spirit of Christ after being tested over and over by those of Adam, and Satan.

Something like that.
Satan is a good guy, in a way, because he works for G-d and his job is to challenge us, test us...And we would never come to self-realization if it were not for the testing...

Old 11-26-2016, 04:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Wow, the arrogance of naysayers and haters of the Word of God coming into a Christian forum board and claiming that those who quote the scripture are arrogant.

I'd say that you were a hater of G-d's word...

Old 11-26-2016, 04:39 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

Perhaps it is not a CLAIM, but a massage from The God I know to you?

Only the arrogant would assume it is the quotation of scripture and NOT THE SPEAKER..

They that have ears, yer refuse to hear

This is s CHRISTIANY FORUM, NOT nor NEVER was a CHRISTIAN...

Old 11-26-2016, 04:48 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Let's test that assertion.

Jesus said that Satan had demanded to sift Peter and the other disciples.
Luke 22:31 "Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has asked permission to sift you (ὑμᾶς; plural) like wheat;
Satan is an entity who asked permission to sift the disciples.

John in his vision saw Satan and his angels being thrown down from heaven by Michael and his angels.
Revelation 12:7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, 8] and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9] And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10] Then I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night.
Jesus spoke of the eternal fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. The same devil and angels of whom John saw in his prophetic vision.
Matthew 25:41 Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

There are other passages which confirm that Satan is an entity to whom the title 'Satan' belongs, but those three are enough to put the lie to any claim of Satan not being an actual being.

You claim that the Bible does not show Satan to be an actual entity even though it clearly does. You make that claim either out of ignorance of what the Bible says, or with the intent of deceiving others themselves who are ignorant of what the Bible teaches. Either way, your claim is false.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I see you have decided to be an opponent or adversary, which is what the word Saw-tawn actually means.
So, where would you like to begin, with your false concept of fallen angels, or the false god of the Philistines?

What I decided to do has already been done. Your claim that the Bible doesn't show Satan to be an actual entity has been shown to be false. A fact to which you will not admit. As a matter of fact, the fact that Satan is a fallen angel has already been shown by Revelation 12:7-10 which I've already posted. The New Testament speaks of demons and Jesus' encounter with them. But you reject the validity of those statements.

The simple fact of the matter is that you don't believe the Bible, and therefore you won't accept as valid anything the Bible has to say about the reality of Satan and his demon followers as angelic beings who rebelled against God. And so I am going to leave it with the fact that your claim that the Bible doesn't present Satan as an actual angelic entity has been shown to be a false claim.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I'd say that you were a hater of G-d's word...
And since when does what *you* say have any bearing? You need to actually prove that your accusation is true otherwise you are nothing more than a false accuser and an intentional Torah violator which proves in itself that you are no Jew but only running around all dressed up like a Jew.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What I decided to do has already been done. Your claim that the Bible doesn't show Satan to be an actual entity has been shown to be false. A fact to which you will not admit. As a matter of fact, the fact that Satan is a fallen angel has already been shown by Revelation 12:7-10 which I've already posted. The New Testament speaks of demons and Jesus' encounter with them. But you reject the validity of those statements.

The simple fact of the matter is that you don't believe the Bible, and therefore you won't accept as valid anything the Bible has to say about the reality of Satan and his demon followers as angelic beings who rebelled against God. And so I am going to leave it with the fact that your claim that the Bible doesn't present Satan as an actual angelic entity has been shown to be a false claim.
What I reject is your understanding of the Old Testament and the ideology of a literal being called Satan which crept into the New Testament letters based on man's doctrines. We all face adversity, hardships or heart aches at some point in this life, even if it's only the loss of a loved one. There was nothing special about Peter; however, he was informed that life for him would not be easy. There is no Hell, no Satan, no demons or devil, no ghosts or goblins, ...and dead souls do not come back to speak to the living. If you believe Satan is a supernatural entity – then you do not have a monotheistic view of God. And tossing around a few Scripture verses, does not equate to having knowledge or a comprehension of the language(s). Thus, I will leave you to your own thoughts (or the thoughts of others) when it comes to a demonic mindset that would eternally torment another human being for merely not believing something.

Old 11-26-2016, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Perhaps it is not a CLAIM, but a massage from The God I know to you?

Only the arrogant would assume it is the quotation of scripture and NOT THE SPEAKER..

They that have ears, yer refuse to hear

This is s CHRISTIANY FORUM, NOT nor NEVER was a CHRISTIAN...
I see, perhaps more like a forum set aside for a turkey shoot where dive-bombers can drop in and make snide remarks while mocking other peoples beliefs whom they disagree with? But whether the name of the board is Christian or Christianity really does not matter to my point: the point remains that in a "Christianity" board you would think that when scripture or words from "the Bible" are posted others would at least be able to recognize it for what it is. That should go without saying but I suppose not when the board is flooded with dive bombers on a turkey shoot. Not that it really bothers me, just that you should expect to get your own mud thrown back into your face when you sling it: do you suppose that is unfair or unloving? If so then why do you do it all the time and only to those you disagree with? The partiality in your judgment shows that you really do not believe all that "love your neighbor" talk you keep spouting. It is nothing more than a social tool to make yourself look "just", (lol).

Edit: As a matter of fact, zthatzmanz28, I thought you rejected the Elohim of Torah who gave those words to Moses? How is it that you appropriate those words to yourself for your own cause while rejecting the One who commanded them?

Leviticus 19:18
18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.

What am I missing here? Am I wrong?

Last edited by daqq; 11-26-2016 at 08:05 PM..

Old 11-26-2016, 08:42 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What I reject is your understanding of the Old Testament and the ideology of a literal being called Satan which crept into the New Testament letters based on man's doctrines. We all face adversity, hardships or heart aches at some point in this life, even if it's only the loss of a loved one. There was nothing special about Peter; however, he was informed that life for him would not be easy. There is no Hell, no Satan, no demons or devil, no ghosts or goblins, ...and dead souls do not come back to speak to the living. If you believe Satan is a supernatural entity – then you do not have a monotheistic view of God. And tossing around a few Scripture verses, does not equate to having knowledge or a comprehension of the language(s). Thus, I will leave you to your own thoughts (or the thoughts of others) when it comes to a demonic mindset that would eternally torment another human being for merely not believing something.
Satan is a created angel. Not a god. Though he is called the god of this age in 2 Corinthians 4:4 that is not to be understood in the sense of Satan being divine. The reality of the existence of Satan has no bearing on a monotheistic view of God.

As I said, you don't believe the Bible as evidenced by the fact that you say there is no hell, no Satan, no demons or devil. All of which the Biblical writers attest to as having real existence.

All you can do is make unsupported denials which carry no weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity