Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 04:32 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I thought Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. God finds the lost sheep. No one can "find" God. God reveals himself to whom he will whenever he will. God is sovereign. Do you all not understand this? I love the book of Romans because it demonstrates God's sovereignty over all.
Okay that is true, but what means does God use to exercise His Sovereign will? Is it not the warning and preaching of our Lord through these parables for instance? And the preaching of His Word by Peter, God used to Sovereignly save 3000 souls on pentecost. So we are called to warn for the coming judgment and to sow the seeds of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, because that is what our Lord has called us to do in the Great Commission. And God uses that preaching to Sovereignly draw in those that He predestined for salvation according to His will. But Gods sovereignty doesn´t exclude man´s responsibility to take care of his soul first, nor should we be silent about the horrible and eternal consequences of living and dying without knowing Jesus Christ. Because God can use that truth to advance His Kingdom when people are convicted and drawn by the Holy Spirit to flee the wrath to come, and come to true repentance from their sin and true faith in Jesus Christ as their Savior from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Philip found Nathanael and told him,w,"We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law" haand about whom the prophets also wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

To the OP
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself

The moment is all we have.
Well as I remember that text it isn´t followed by ´the moment is all we have´. Rather it is preceded by ´Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness´. The message is not ´don´t worry be happy´, the message is.. don´t be worried about temporal things, you dont have any control but God is in full control. Rather seek the things from heaven first, seek Gods Kingdom and His Righteousness because that is everlasting, seek treasures in heaven because those will never fade away like our treasures on earth will.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Well as I remember that text it isn´t followed by ´the moment is all we have´. Rather it is preceded by ´Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness´. The message is not ´don´t worry be happy´, the message is.. don´t be worried about temporal things, you dont have any control but God is in full control. Rather seek the things from heaven first, seek Gods Kingdom and His Righteousness because that is everlasting, seek treasures in heaven because those will never fade away like our treasures on earth will.
That's your interpretation of it and what you wrongly assumed to be true. Yes we do have control..... According to your faith be it unto you.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
The soul is very real, and you and I will continue to exist as an individual after we die because our soul is eternal. But the question is, where will your soul go? You talk about saving grace, have you ever experienced Gods saving grace? Because unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
The soul is the body...

Old 11-27-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
The soul is very real, and you and I will continue to exist as an individual after we die because our soul is eternal. But the question is, where will your soul go? You talk about saving grace, have you ever experienced Gods saving grace? Because unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
See as in comprehend...

Old 11-27-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The soul is the body...
No the soul is the spirit, the body is the flesh. After we die the body goes down into the earth, but the spirit goes either to heaven or hell - depending on whether you accepted Yeshua the Messiah as your Savior, as you very well know - until the ressurection when our spirits will be united with new bodies, fitted either for the eternal glory of the new heaven and the new earth or for eternal torment in the lake of fire.

By nature we are all born in the flesh, naturally dying and spiritually dead. We all decay and ultimately die, but in our dead spiritual state of sin and hostility towards God, we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. Thus we need to be Spiritually born again by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Don't be surprised if you don't understand this, it is spiritually understood. Even Nicodemus who was thé teacher in Israel did not understand what Jesus was talking about. Even though he very well should have, since Ezekiel prophesied about this, but the natural man does not understand the things that are from God, the things that are spiritual are foolishness to him.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
See as in comprehend...
Not just comprehend, verse 5 says 'enter in', there's no entrance allowed into the Kingdom of God unless you are born again. God will see to it that not one unconverted person that hasn't accepted Yeshua as the Mashiach will enter into His Kingdom - only through faith in Him can we be born again, Yeshua is the only Door, the narrow way that leads inside.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Old 11-27-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Not just comprehend, verse 5 says 'enter in', there's no entrance allowed into the Kingdom of God unless you are born again. God will see to it that not one unconverted person that hasn't accepted Yeshua as the Mashiach will enter into His Kingdom - only through faith in Him can we be born again, Yeshua is the only Door, the narrow way that leads inside.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
While verse 5 is speaking of entering in...That verse is talking about comprehending, sensing...

Old 11-27-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
No the soul is the spirit, the body is the flesh. After we die the body goes down into the earth, but the spirit goes either to heaven or hell - depending on whether you accepted Yeshua the Messiah as your Savior, as you very well know - until the ressurection when our spirits will be united with new bodies, fitted either for the eternal glory of the new heaven and the new earth or for eternal torment in the lake of fire.

By nature we are all born in the flesh, naturally dying and spiritually dead. We all decay and ultimately die, but in our dead spiritual state of sin and hostility towards God, we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. Thus we need to be Spiritually born again by the Holy Spirit.

John 3:5-6 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Don't be surprised if you don't understand this, it is spiritually understood. Even Nicodemus who was thé teacher in Israel did not understand what Jesus was talking about. Even though he very well should have, since Ezekiel prophesied about this, but the natural man does not understand the things that are from God, the things that are spiritual are foolishness to him.

Ezekiel 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Nope...Soul is the body...I guarantee it...

Old 11-27-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately for you, this is speaking exclusively to Israel...Not Gentiles...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity