Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:54 PM

926 posts, read 979,229 times

Advertisements

Was watching a tv few years back where Paris Hilton was imprisoned and newscaster asked her what she did in prison to which she replied something like "there is nothing to do except to read the bible". Newscaster asked her everyone who read at least once their life a bible, religuous or not has picked up favourite quote from bible, what'd be yours to which she could not reply". Poor girl.

That question, I asked myself at that time what was it? I aint no religuous but one time I read the quote that I picked up to follow was "Never make an effort to let others know that you help made to others, keep it to yourself otherwise that ain't no help".

Can we make this thread the favourite quote from Bible for posters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 11:00 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,147 times
Its a toss up for me!

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys, And whose emission was like that of a horse."- Ezekiel 23:20

Or "If anyone comes to me and odes not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sister-yes, even his own life-he cannot be my disciple" - Luke 14:26

Old 11-27-2016, 01:04 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of G-d. Peace

Old 11-27-2016, 02:48 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
The scripture that inspired me when I turned to Jesus , was Ephesians 2:4-7 ............``.But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love where with He loved us ............Even when we were dead in sin , has livened us together with Christ, (by grace we are saved) ,...........and has raised us up together , and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus ...............That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus...``

Old 11-27-2016, 03:07 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
ROMANS 8
18 I consider that our present sufferings are not comparable to the glory that will be revealed in us. 19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet see, we wait for it patiently.

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27 And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Last edited by RainMusic; 11-27-2016 at 03:08 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-27-2016, 05:41 AM

164 posts, read 490,588 times
"Jesus wept." John 11 v 35

Old 11-27-2016, 05:51 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
god screws up

Genesis 6:6New International Version (NIV)

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

God giving kill order to utterlydestroy even infants!!!

The Lord Rejects Saul as King
15 Samuel said to Saul, “I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

God is so wonderful

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 11-27-2016 at 07:04 AM..

Old 11-27-2016, 06:38 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

1 JOHN 4:20-21

Old 11-27-2016, 06:45 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Matthew 10:35-38New International Version (NIV)

35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a]
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 11-27-2016 at 07:05 AM..

Old 11-27-2016, 06:52 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
yeah, I like those too. If my son is hurting people in a bad way, I would stop him myself and nobody but me would have to pay for him. If liberals would let me that is.

I have two favorite lines, that I feel should be changed is.

"dust to dust." it should read "diapers to diapers", dust just not describe what is going on these days.

"on the seventh day he rested."

add in

"he woke up moday and shouted "OMM" Oh my me,
they have to breed!!!!!"
"early Monday afternoon he created the marsupials,
right after adam & eve 2.0."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity