Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:51 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Including people who have a sexual desire for their beasts?

Sure as long as the beasts are of age and have the ability to provide informed consent. Which would mean never.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:52 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
SO it appears that my message is received?
Yes, if you value your life, do not meet in person with people like you.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Including people who have a sexual desire for their beasts?
No but also not including people who can't tell the difference between imposing desires on others and sharing.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:57 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Sure as long as the beasts are of age and have the ability to provide informed consent. Which would mean never.
If the beast is having sex, then it's giving consent. Nevertheless, I find your parameters amusing as though the homosexualists have the moral high ground to establish said parameters while rejecting others; oh, the paradox.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No but also not including people who can't tell the difference between imposing desires on others and sharing.
But, they're born that way.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
If the beast is having sex, then it's giving consent. Nevertheless, I find your parameters amusing as though the homosexualists have the moral high ground to establish said parameters while rejecting others; oh, the paradox.
That's the stupidest thing I've read in this forum - among thousands of stupid posts.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've read in this forum - among thousands of stupid posts.
Common sense has angered you, uh?

Old 11-29-2016, 10:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Common sense has angered you, uh?
Stupidity accompanied by a thuggish lack of morality angers me.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:10 AM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Isn't the 'requirement' for referring to one's self as a Christian 'to love one another' rather than the need to believe in the Bible? The Bible is a book. It just sits there on the shelf until someone picks it up to read it. It has no supernatural power to fly off the shelf into somebody's hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffbase40
Your brand of Christianity is false. The Bible is the Word of God. Even Jesus showed how He used the exact words to combat Satan. I believe you have told me in the past that you think Satan and the demonic realm are fiction which is a dangerous belief that shows how far off the reservation you are from mainstream Christianity.
Are you referring to Matthew 4:1-11? How do you know that this actually happened and isn't just an allegory? It certainly sounds scripted. Moreover, unless Jesus was followed around by a stenographer ...who was witness to this story and who actually wrote it down ...Jesus? Don't you ever question these things, Jeff?

But yes, you are correct. I don't believe in Satan and any demonic realm. And, I have no idea why my disbelief in this would be dangerous as you say. Do I have to believe in Satan to qualify as a good person? Perhaps you can enlighten me.

As for the Bible being the word of God. I have no idea whether it is or isn't ...same as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV:][COLOR="Navy
Moreover, no one believes and adheres to everything they read in the Bible, and that would include you, Jeff. SO, my bolded part of your post is tantamount to your saying that most Christians have no desire to see gay people suffer or be put to death simply by virtue of their (gay people) not believing that THIS is what the Bible commands! That wouldn't be fair, would it, Jeff?[/color]
Quote:
I believe the Bible is the complete Word of God.
Yes, so you keep on saying. But you don't know that it is. Belief and knowing are two different things.

Quote:
Is it meant to be taken 100% literal? Of course not. There is language techniques and metaphors which are pretty obvious. I don't believe God sits on a giant throne chair for example. Christians don't want to see anyone suffer, period. We are even called to love those who hurt us where sinful man would desire revenge.
What is literal in the Bible and what is not, Jeff? There appears to be no specific criteria for determining what is and what is not literal. And, Christians abound who, even if covertly, would like to see people suffer for certain offenses. I'm sure that some, even many, would get ringside seats to watch the 'enemies of God' writhe in agony in hell-fire if they could. Hate-filled human beings exist regardless of what label they might apply to themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
If we're to believe (as you say above) Leviticus 20:13 from the very Bible YOU claim to believe in and affiliate that passage with homosexuality (as you do) then you also believe that homosexuals should be put to death as commanded by God. You can't just pick and choose, Jeff, even though you do.
Quote:
You are the one picking and choosing. You have to look at the entire context. The laws in Leviticus were part of the Old Covenant that Jesus fullfilled with his death. Jesus paid the price for our sins so it doesn't even make sense why we would still be called to judge and punish sinners. The debt has been paid. That would be like making a criminal stand trial again after he has served his time in prison.
Hmmmm. So you're saying that you're NOT one of those who refers homosexual people to Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 because this was part of the Old Covenant that was nailed to the cross?

Right?

Good.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Stupidity accompanied by a thuggish lack of morality angers me.
Homosexuality and morality are polar opposites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity