Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 09:52 AM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The actual date-- as I responded-- is NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR--but He will come as a thief in the night and KICK YOUR ARSE because you cut FOOD STAMPS, WITH HELD HEALTH INSURANCE, POISONED THE WATER WITH FRACKING, IMPRISONED PEOPLE BASED ON ETHNICITY, and rejected MERCY, JUSTICE and LOVE in favor of VENGEANCE, COERCION and OPPRESSION..

Keep up with the scholars or risk being held back...
I don't see where you responded about the date.

Big government/liberal agenda is not the subject here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 10:45 AM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Hello all, I just would like to ask some questions about the Bible prophecy and about when Jesus may return; first of all, had the third temple been rebuilt? Secondly, has Damascus been destroyed? I realize that a lot of Christians believe that Jesus will return for the rapture before the great tribulation happens, but I just would like some insights as to what believing Christians on here believe as far as when the end will come, that is, if it isn't here already. Will Jesus return in February of next year, as several online sources have suggested? All opinions and thoughts on this subject are welcome.
What great tribulation do you mean?

Old 12-02-2016, 11:28 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,180,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What great tribulation do you mean?
I mean what I have asked, Hannibal. I am pretty sure that there is only one tribulation period, as the Bible states, I suppose I should have been more clear about my inquiry; has this great tribulation begun yet?

Old 12-02-2016, 11:47 AM

32,928 posts, read 26,160,446 times
The Tribulation has not started. It will not and cannot start until the 'prince who is to come' signs a covenant with the many (Daniel 9:27). That covenant with the many is a peace treaty with Israel. The prince who is to come is the man of lawlessness who Paul speaks of in 2 Thessalonians chapter two. The man of lawlessness cannot make his appearance until that which restrains him is taken out of the way (2 Thess. 2:6-7). That which restrains the coming of the man of lawlessness can only be the presence of the indwelling Holy Spirit in the church-age believer. Once the church is raptured then the Holy Spirit will allow the man of lawlessness to be made known.

The Tribulation spoken of in the book of Revelation simply cannot begin as long as the church is on the earth.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:26 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
I mean what I have asked, Hannibal. I am pretty sure that there is only one tribulation period, as the Bible states, I suppose I should have been more clear about my inquiry; has this great tribulation begun yet?
We are living it on a daily basis.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:27 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I don't see where you responded about the date.

Big government/liberal agenda is not the subject here.
Please leave your political biases out of the thread...

Old 12-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Please leave your political biases out of the thread...

Old 12-02-2016, 02:16 PM

692 posts, read 371,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Actually, I was referring the actual date of His return, which He said no one knows, save the Father. You know, that's the real topic here. Pay attention.

Nevertheless, you are correct that Christians are to be busy doing the work of God, until Christ returns.
RESPONSE: Actually, Jesus' reply was that he did no know the "day and hour" of the return.
He didn't say he didn't know the year.

But the theological implication of Jesus's not knowing the exact time of the his return are enormous. It shows
Jesus is lacking in divine knowledge, and therefore is not divine himself.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:22 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,211,679 times
The late comedian Bill Hicks asked the best question regarding the return of Christ.

"When Jesus comes back, do you think he's really going to want to see all of those crosses around the necks of his followers?"

Old 12-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
The late comedian Bill Hicks asked the best question regarding the return of Christ.

"When Jesus comes back, do you think he's really going to want to see all of those crosses around the necks of his followers?"
"Do this in remembrance of me". -Jesus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity