Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:08 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,214,588 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I just would like to ask some questions about the Bible prophecy and about when Jesus may return; first of all, had the third temple been rebuilt? Secondly, has Damascus been destroyed? I realize that a lot of Christians believe that Jesus will return for the rapture before the great tribulation happens, but I just would like some insights as to what believing Christians on here believe as far as when the end will come, that is, if it isn't here already. Will Jesus return in February of next year, as several online sources have suggested? All opinions and thoughts on this subject are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 07:17 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Which sources are suggesting Jesus will return in February. Just curious.

I personally would not attempt to answer when Jesus will come again. However, I will say I think our planet is in severe crisis and due to geo-political circumstances, the dangers of terrorism and nuclear weapons as well as a great deal of rage roiling in the masses throughout the globe, I hope it is not far off that this corrupt system of "life = commerce" is brought to an end.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:21 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Hello all, I just would like to ask some questions about the Bible prophecy and about when Jesus may return; first of all, had the third temple been rebuilt? Secondly, has Damascus been destroyed? I realize that a lot of Christians believe that Jesus will return for the rapture before the great tribulation happens, but I just would like some insights as to what believing Christians on here believe as far as when the end will come, that is, if it isn't here already. Will Jesus return in February of next year, as several online sources have suggested? All opinions and thoughts on this subject are welcome.
Best advice I ever was given in regards to the return of Christ--LOOK BUSY....

Old 12-01-2016, 07:32 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,214,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Which sources are suggesting Jesus will return in February. Just curious.

I personally would not attempt to answer when Jesus will come again. However, I will say I think our planet is in severe crisis and due to geo-political circumstances, the dangers of terrorism and nuclear weapons as well as a great deal of rage roiling in the masses throughout the globe, I hope it is not far off that this corrupt system of "life = commerce" is brought to an end.
I have seen a few sources over the Internet on YouTube that claims that the rapture will occur on February 17th, 2017, and I have read other articles online suggesting that the third temple being built was under way, and don't even get me started on all this news about the New World Order.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:12 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
I have seen a few sources over the Internet on YouTube that claims that the rapture will occur on February 17th, 2017, and I have read other articles online suggesting that the third temple being built was under way, and don't even get me started on all this news about the New World Order.
What did Jesus say about His return date?

Old 12-01-2016, 08:26 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Ignore anyone who tries to date set. I am a pre-tribulational, pre-millennial believer. That is, I believe that the church must be raptured before the Tribulation begins, and that Jesus will return at the end of the Tribulation to establish His kingdom on the earth. But no one knows when the rapture of the church will occur. It has always been imminent, meaning that no prophecy needs to be fulfilled before the church can be raptured. In fact, the next prophecy concerning the church is the rapture itself. But the rapture could have occurred at any time since the church-age began. And possibly it might not occur within the next hundred years or so. But it will occur in God's appointed time which only He knows.

As for the third temple, it must be rebuilt sometime before the Tribulation begins, or during the beginning stage of the Tribulation. There could be an interval of time between the rapture of the church and the beginning of the Tribulation which means that the temple need not necessarily be built before the church is taken off the earth.

But please do ignore any internet chatter about Jesus returning in February. All it is is chatter. And as for the 'end', at the end of the church-age comes the rapture of the church. At the end of the Tribulation Jesus will return to establish His Millennial kingdom. At the end of that time period, will come the new heavens and the new earth.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
The end will come, when you die.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:49 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,938,423 times
Jesus is currently reigning in Heaven

Old 12-01-2016, 10:39 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
I followed all this "Return of Christ" stuff beginning in 1970 with Late Great Planet Earth and saw predictions of 1988, 1992, 1998, 2007, 2012 and now the latest 2017 explode in the faces of the people who predicted them.

I know what you're referring to with the 2017 thing. It is exactly 100 years from the time General Allenby walked into Jerusalem in 1917 and 50 years Jubilee to the 6-day War of 1967 and then another Jubilee from 1967 to 2017. But let me please tell you: there's nothing to it. 2017 will come and go and then we'll be into 2018. And think also of this: Possibly the 70 year generation of Psalm 90 started with 1967. That would push the return date to 2037.

I fell for all this return of Jesus malarkey and I'm trying to save you all the grief I experienced of the years wearing on with no rapture and no return. Don't give up your life in suffering waiting for such hopeless things. Get a life; find a good girl girl or guy, marry her/him, have a family and grow old together after all your children have grown and gone off on their own. That's the only thing in life worth pursuing.

Signed, someone who wasted their life chasing a dream and only recently woke up to that sad reality at the age of 64.

Old 12-01-2016, 10:55 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Gosh Thrillobyte that is really so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity