Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 12:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,022,775 times

Advertisements

I believe there are omens.

But if I opened a box and found a black tree I'd figure someone put the tree in the wrong box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 12:53 PM

22,862 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I had bought a small Christmas tree on clearance after Christmas last year thinking I might use it here in my apartment. I never opened the box when I bought it, and had put it in the top of my closet in the spare bedroom. I got it down yesterday and opened the box. The tree was black as a raven. The picture on the box showed the green one I was expecting. I just had to scratch my head and wonder if there really is such a thing as omens.

An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change. People in the ancient times believed that omens lie with a divine message from their gods.
By happenstance, you are going to contract Hepatitis, and when you go to the bathroom not 21 days from this post, your urine is going to come out black. That's what these beetles are saying anyway, it don't look good for you, maybe you can avoid it and stay in the house till after Christmas. Poor soul.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:07 PM

OMG, I just googled black Christmas trees and people all over the United States are reporting the same freakish incident.

From the A.P. :

''What is turning out from black Friday is not what anyone has expected, reports are coming in from each state that a bizzare amount of people are saying that they have opened last year's Christmas tree only to find that it has changed colors from Green to black and the culprit of this seeming hoax was caught outside his office today in Seattle, Maker of Johnson Camps artificial Christmas tree was quoted saying,'' We don't know what chemical could have turned all our products black or why it took several months to turn black but we are recalling some 2 million trees and offering a coupon for a free tree at your local distributers such as Walmart and Sam's where most of the trees were sold from.''

Who knew?

Suddenly millions of black trees.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:12 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,039,263 times
Hannibal you know lying is a sin right? Please provide us with a link to that article, I'd love to read it!

Old 12-04-2016, 01:26 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Hannibal you know lying is a sin right? Please provide us with a link to that article, I'd love to read it!

Old 12-04-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:

I know right, I am such a liar, but I must serve also.

Romans

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Is there any hope for me Chanokh?

Old 12-04-2016, 01:53 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,039,263 times
There's no hope to be found in you I'm afraid.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

But there is true hope found in Christ Jesus, seek Him and make Him your hope and the anchor for your soul my friend.

1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

So is there hope for you? Yes Gods offer of eternal life, Gods offer of His Son Jesus Christ is still extended to you while you have life here on earth. He wants you to take it and accept it, He wants to save you friend. But if you continue to reject His offer, and keep living in sin and rebellion to Him, there is no telling how much time God will continue give you to repent and receive Christ. His Spirit will not always strive with man.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:34 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It it looked like this, I'd say run for the hills...

Hahahahaha. A Georgia O'Keefe Christmas tree.

Old 12-04-2016, 02:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know right, I am such a liar, but I must serve also.

Romans

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Is there any hope for me Chanokh?
Quote:
There's no hope to be found in you I'm afraid.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

But there is true hope found in Christ Jesus, seek Him and make Him your hope and the anchor for your soul my friend.

1 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

So is there hope for you? Yes Gods offer of eternal life, Gods offer of His Son Jesus Christ is still extended to you while you have life here on earth. He wants you to take it and accept it, He wants to save you friend. But if you continue to reject His offer, and keep living in sin and rebellion to Him, there is no telling how much time God will continue give you to repent and receive Christ. His Spirit will not always strive with man.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
Sanctified to the point of being down right petrified?

Old 12-04-2016, 02:42 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
You mean "accidentally" put in the box when it was supposed to be a green tree? Of course I am aware that there are other colored trees, but actually, I had never before seen a black Christmas tree. Might have been fun around Halloween.

Not that it IS an omen, or a harbinger, etc... but I wanted to know if anyone posting here believes there are such things.

Thanks, Vizio, my question was directed at those who do not live by the book of Deuteronomy and Leviticus, etc... you know, New Testament followers of Jesus Christ. Please do not answer my questions with quotes from the Old Testament unless you are of the Jewish faith.
My first thought would have been a mistake in labeling. My second though would be Damn, this in an awesome tree, and I need to find Darth Vader ornaments. Perhaps the universe wants you to purchase Darth Vader ornaments and the black tree is the hint.

The Universe is funny that way.

Omens? No. I do believe wholeheartedly in sinchronicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity