Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Looking Forward to The End Of the World?
Yes 5 33.33%
No 3 20.00%
YES, YES, But I wouldn't come right out and say it, but YES! 1 6.67%
Bring it Hannibal, you know we are all sitting here waiting for the end of the world. 1 6.67%
NO, Heavens NO, and for your information, this world will not end for thousands or millions of years 1 6.67%
MEH, I could take it or leave it, just have some good music going when the end comes. 4 26.67%
O, Hannibal, I don't trust a thing you say, you know the world aint gonna end next year 2 13.33%
Revelation teaches us about the end of the world and Hail Sones WILL FALL 0 0%
Revelation teaches each generation how to overcome the world, not the end. 1 6.67%
Yes~ Revelation and Matthew 24 is instruction for a person to transition from Passover to Sukkot 1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:17 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
On St. Patty's Day?

Sweeping my delicate wrist over my forehead. Clutching my pearls... ..

Damn. Ribbi has my fainting couch... What is a delicate flower to do?
St. Patty's Day is the 17th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
They were disobedient to the Lord and brought a sacrifice He had not commanded. They were seeking to please God with their own righteousness and after their own will. Similar to spreading false teaching by over-spiritualising Gods Word, leading people astray about Gods coming Judgment and wrath upon this world:

I see a crushing deception. And why? Because you pursue your own carnal desire to be a "spiritual teacher" and put your "spiritual insight" on display without Spiritual knowledge, rather than humbly communicating Gods Word after His will and as it is in Spirit and Truth. But that's no wonder since by your own admission you've never received the Holy Spirit, so.. even though it might not come across that way.. look upon this as a friendly nudge to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and the Holy Spirit as your guide. Then you will not have to fear the end of the world, but can actually warn others to repent and turn to Christ before the end comes, and lead others into actual Spiritual truth. Unlike Nadab and Abihu, for you there is time to repent and receive Jesus Christ.

Yeah, it is a very interesting story, and who knows, you might be right I guess it is for others to judge, but then a deceived person doesn't usually know he's deceived and narcissists don't realize what they are, maybe I am seeking my own glory and die like those two, haven seen fire come from heaven, they wanted some of that didn't they?

Old 12-04-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I hope you know what revelation really means. it is the story of his revealing and his kingdom that will come.
now for a lighter side..

it is showing an end of somethings and a renewing of other things. the whole good and evil is only about which side of the sukkoth your standing in .
the world does not end soon , now the powers and authorities change a few times in the coming years and real big ways .. but Mother earth gets cleaned off and a good scrub and a face lift and spa treatment .

well like the flaming native says he will be doing is right on .

most people will be fainting or flaming on their couches and but all will be swimming in their tears from either joy or fear .
the world has been through lots of abuse in 6000 years and in every way imaginable and she can go through some more yet and NOT " END" , if she is considering the end goal she may even help out . I think she appears to be even helping Him in that time and at least she is protecting Eve . Because she or both of them wants her faced lifted too! and least a real good scrub and spa treatment!
but no she is still here after He is done undoing what has been done to it by mankind and their sins, all their authorities and all their kind of ways . Sure He is sweeping up but it is just the stuff of man's creation that He is removing and well his real goal is in controlling Lord of the flies that men are now inviting to come play . Well and I do think king of creation wants to give her and earth the a face lift they dream of .
Sort of like this huh?

Revelation 11
The nations were enraged, and Your wrath has come. The time has come to judge the dead, and to reward Your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear Your name, both small and great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth.”

Revelation 11 begins where Revelation 7 begins, when you get to the end of chapter 10, it tells him to go back to prophesy of the 144,000 again, and so Revelation 7 and Revelation 11 begin on Rosh Hashanah, everyone's name has just been spoken and they are being sealed in their foreheads and this sealing of one's forehead and right arm as a memorial happens every single year. The Temple is measured by counting the people in the two sections of the Temple proper, and that count was 144,000 sealed against Yom Kippur, and everything begins right there on Rosh Hashanah. The 7 seals that a dead man is wrapped in, they slowly come off and those 7 linen wraps were to symbolize a cocoon that no man had ever broken. As each one comes off in a slow resurrection, the person hears the voice of the Trumpet and the first bowl being poured on his head. When the facial veil is removed, woe is me.

The seals wrap a body but the soul will hear the voice and the oil is poured out in the spirit as we are looking at 3 different aspects and views, one from heaven, one from Earth and one in between.

When the first seal is broken, the first voice is heard and the first bowl poured, and this is showing Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur, it is Yom Kippur on each of the 7th, and this when a bride is giving birth and then we are led into the grape harvest when the sickle comes down for the feast of Tabernacles, and then to Shemini Atzeret.

Revelation strictly a book of the fall Holy days of God, that is, in my good opinion.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:55 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I hope you know what revelation really means. it is the story of his revealing and his kingdom that will come.
now for a lighter side..

it is showing an end of somethings and a renewing of other things. the whole good and evil is only about which side of the sukkoth your standing in .
the world does not end soon , now the powers and authorities change a few times in the coming years and real big ways .. but Mother earth gets cleaned off and a good scrub and a face lift and spa treatment .

well like the flaming native says he will be doing is right on .

most people will be fainting or flaming on their couches and but all will be swimming in their tears from either joy or fear .
the world has been through lots of abuse in 6000 years and in every way imaginable and she can go through some more yet and NOT " END" , if she( earth ) is considering the end goal she may even help out , so I think she will be way way stronger and more resilient than anyone will believe I don't she
ends . I think she appears to be even helping Him in that time and at least she is protecting Eve .

maybe Because she or both of them wants a faced lifted too a little tuck here and there ! and least a real good scrub and man- cure and spa treatment before the wedding !
but no she is still here after He is done undoing what has been done to it by mankind and their sins, all their authorities and all their kind of ways . Sure He is sweeping up but it is just the stuff of man's creation and all thy did will be broken , stuff that means nothing is what He is removing .
well his real goal is probably in controlling Lord of the flies that men are now inviting to come play . Well and I do think the King of creation wants to give her and earth the a face lift they dream of .
Where do you come up with this stuff? Surely not from the Word of God, because that teaches that the current heaven and earth will be dissolved and He will create new heavens and a new earth. Not a make-over, rather a total destruction and a totally new creation.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2 Peter 3:10-13 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

So how clear does the Bible have to be for you to change your view that the world will get a good scrub and spa treatment, a thorough sweeping to be restored. It won't, it will be dissolved, and we should be looking for new heavens and a new earth.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:26 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
I said not now and I meant not now !
new doesn't come until the father does and all sin is gone.
there is 1000 years where sin still exists and it is transformed but not made New unit big daddy comes here. he can't come here until it is made new. but we have to raise billions of babies so that they can have the "choice" that their parents denied from them.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:29 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
The days are upon us, and I'm looking forward to the catching away day for the Saints of God who are found with their lamps trimmed with oil.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The days are upon us, and I'm looking forward to the catching away day for the Saints of God who are found with their lamps trimmed with oil.
Those wise virgins have an extra vessel by which they have kept extra oil. The foolish virgins are also part of the legal congregation of believers in Christ but they had no extra vessel, and when it came time for the bridegroom to return with a shout, those foolish virgins could not see their way in the darkness and so it began. They are then told where to buy oil, but they don't have time to buy oil to then return to consummate the marriage. When that chamber door has been shut and the foolish virgins remain outside knocking, it is too late for them.

There they were, believers in Christ and seen as virgins betrothed to Christ but not able to enter into the bridal chamber to consummate the marriage so it seems that there is more than just believing, you have to already have an extra vessel and it should already be filled with oil, that is, if you are wise.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:38 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,676,642 times
Meh. I got enough to worry about here in the ground.
The Bible says nobody really knows when he will come back, and I figure it be time when it's time, and I will try to be ready whenever that happens.
I keep my rucksack loaded, and a towel handy.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
Meh. I got enough to worry about here in the ground.
The Bible says nobody really knows when he will come back, and I figure it be time when it's time, and I will try to be ready whenever that happens.
I keep my rucksack loaded, and a towel handy.
The day no man knows but the father?

That is a Jewish Idiom for Yom Hakesseh, everyone knew when the day of judgment was on Rosh Hashanah but it was purposely not spoken of because it was to remain hidden from the enemy and so it is still hidden.

But everytime you see it mentioned in the New Testament, they were all sitting there in the knowledge that they were speaking of Rosh Hashanah.

If you don't watch the appointed days, then Jesus will come on you like a thief and break into your being as a thief who breaks into a house, but Paul said that we knew the times and season so that Christ WILL NOT come to us like a thief BECAUSE we know the times and seasons in the appointed days.

The first Christians were taught the times and seasons, but by the time Revelation was written, it was written in the knowledge that people were already going back to their former Pagan practices and that is very understandable because even if you show Jesus was killed on Passover, or that he was born on Tabernacles, it wouldn't stop people from keeping Christmas or Easter instead. Now is a very good time to learn the times and the seasons so that you and everyone would know their own visitation days and will it matter? Yes, or when you should see something happening in Jerusalem, will you know if it is good or bad?

Jesus said in Revelation that if we will not watch, then we will not know the day or the hour, and this of course means that if we do watch, we will know and Jesus will not come on us like a thief.

Daniel talked about the mission of Anti-Christ and how he comes to change the times and seasons so that the children of Israel would not know their own appointed days and so it is said,'' They didn't know the day of their visitation.''

The servant who is put in charge of the household of God to give his children meat in due season is to give that child the meat of the feasts, and the servant should already know the appointed visitation days of his own master but he doesn't know, and master comes to him as a thief also and he cuts him in half because he simply would not watch.

The Sabbaths and feasts with their prayers and idioms are lost because Christianity rejected the knowledge of these things, but when a person starts digging into the 7 feasts of Christ, he will come across the fact of Rosh Hashanah being the day no man knows but the father, it is a Jewish idiom for the day of judgment, and I would argue that it is purposely hidden and remains hidden, and this is evident.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:51 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
They were disobedient to the Lord and brought a sacrifice He had not commanded. They were seeking to please God with their own righteousness and after their own will. Similar to spreading false teaching by over-spiritualising Gods Word, leading people astray about Gods coming Judgment and wrath upon this world:
Over-spiritualizing a spiritual book?

Quote:
I see a crushing deception. And why? Because you pursue your own carnal desire to be a "spiritual teacher" and put your "spiritual insight" on display without Spiritual knowledge, rather than humbly communicating Gods Word after His will and as it is in Spirit and Truth. But that's no wonder since by your own admission you've never received the Holy Spirit, so.. even though it might not come across that way.. look upon this as a friendly nudge to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior and the Holy Spirit as your guide. Then you will not have to fear the end of the world, but can actually warn others to repent and turn to Christ before the end comes, and lead others into actual Spiritual truth. Unlike Nadab and Abihu, for you there is time to repent and receive Jesus Christ.
Were you seeing fear in Hanni's post? I just skimmed, but seems to me he was simply explaining how he views the biblical "end times" stuff being about the work of God within a person (their earth and heaven). Maybe that is fearful to some, I don't know, but I think those who believe God IS at work within them are less likely to be fearful than those who think God is going to destroy the world, presumably in a fit of anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity