Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 01:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Han, mammon (you have money there instead) is not just money. The root of all evil is the LOVE of mammon, which is SELF-enrichment, and enrichment comes in a myriad of ways. Eve, desired the mammon for self-enrichment. In short, it's the tendency for the flesh to desire the flesh over the Spirit, also ties in with respect of persons, as the Spirit is a person. Think on that for a sec. Peace
There is nothing wrong with experiencing life more abundantly in all its aspects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 06:14 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Last sermon I heard in the old year was a wonderful sermon about the prodigal son, the preacher said a better title for the story is the story about the Fathers amazing love for us. Whether we have gone abroad to spend our inheritance in worldly sin, like the prodigal, or we stayed at home and became hardened in our own self-righteousness like the eldest son, the Father is calling us back to Himself even this year.

Can you imagine the Jewish man in the parable, having had a wealthy and prosperous background, now being treated less than pigs by Gentiles? He couldn't get any lower than that. This misery is what it took for him to "come to himself", to remember the prosperity he had at home, and to return to his father. God calls us likewise to come to ourselves, and He often uses miserable circumstances for that purpose. For us to arise from the filth of our sin and unmerciful treatment of this world, and say "Father I have sinned against heaven, and before thee" (I emphasize heaven, because he first acknowledges his sin is primarily against God, and secondarily against his earthly father) and to put our trust in the loving mercy of our Father that will receive us with open arms, and go back to Him.

Luke 15:15-20 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

It was unthinkable for any Jewish or middle eastern patriarch, in the time of our Lord or before that, to receive his son back in the way the father in this story does. Even to run would've been beneath his dignity. Yet it shows the compassion our heavenly Father has towards us, the amazing love and grace that He shows towards those that turn back to Him.

How can the father be so merciful, after his son has left him, mistreated him and put him to shame?

Well this is how:

John 1:14-18 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

The Father sent His Son Jesus Christ to suffer and die on the cross for our sins, He bore the punishment for the inheritance we waste and the self-righteousness we pride ourselves in, to call us back to Himself, so we could be called His sons and daughters once again.

John 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

My prayer for 2017 is that many will receive Him, many sons and daughters of the Most High God will come to themselves, arise from the filth and shame of their sin and say 'Father I have sinned against heaven and before Thee'. So the Father will rejoice and say:

Luke 15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

God bless you all in 2017

Old 01-02-2017, 07:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Ok...What's your point?...Another video of a JW talking...

Old 01-02-2017, 07:27 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ok...What's your point?...Another video of a JW talking...
Why do you think that guy is a JW? I tried listening but couldn't handle the guy's mannerisms. seriously dude, blow your nose don't suck it up!!!! I didn't get a JW vibe off him.

Edit: "so nobody misunderstands me like they did Paul." OK now nose boy is a par with a biblical character in this game. sure, why not?

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 01-02-2017 at 07:46 AM..

Old 01-02-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Why do you think that guy is a JW? I tried listening but couldn't handle the guy's mannerisms. seriously dude, blow your nose don't suck it up!!!! I didn't get a JW vibe off him.
I skipped ahead and just noticed some buzz words...Maybe I am wrong...

Yea, I couldn't get past his mannerisms either and I noticed a cocky "I am angry and I am going to straighten you out" attitude about him, condescending...

Old 01-02-2017, 07:44 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
John 5:39 You search the scriptures...

And then later...

And He began from Moses and from all the Prophets, and He expounded to them about Himself...(Luke 24:27)

That tells us that the Old Testament is a shadow of the New, and that Christ is evident throughout the scriptures.
Years ago someone coined the phrase, the new is in the old contained, the old is in the new explained.

Dont forget Lk 24:44

Old 01-02-2017, 08:00 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I skipped ahead and just noticed some buzz words...Maybe I am wrong...

Yea, I couldn't get past his mannerisms either and I noticed a cocky "I am angry and I am going to straighten you out" attitude about him, condescending...
Funny enough, you were right, he is JW though hard to spot.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Seriously or is this a ploy to get me to watch the whole video? I just ate so my breakfast is on the line here. They get a lot of sales training and the men have to give talks. I can't see how he wouldn't have been counseled against his distracting delivery. I would expect a JW could put together a way better video than that. Plus, his demeanor is arrogant and you can't sell any bibles that way. I vote not a JW.
ee
Edit: Wait a minute... I can prove he's not a JW. He has facial hair. Men can have mustaches but have to be clean shaven over the rest of their face because Jesus. Dang it Chanokh you almost made me watch that guy!

Old 01-02-2017, 09:43 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
One of your strangest posts ever. I have no idea how you got such ideas in your head. Giving to the poor has noting to do with helping Jew, Gentile, Muslim, or pagan. It has to do with compassion. I agree with you that the "wealth gospel" is wrong. But your Jewish slant is strange.
Christians wonder where those ten virgins obtain an extra vessel, and how they purchase oil in order to see their way in the darkness to find the chamber door to consummate the wedding.

Isaiah 66

20And they{Gentiles} shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

WHEN A GENTILE performs the duties of a priest, and their offering is a Jew in that they have brought a clean vessel to the Lord, The Lord appoints those gentiles,'' LEVITES.''

If God has appointed a gentile to be a priest because he brought a Jew as an offering, then God is most certainly going to anoint his priests, this anointing comes with the job in that this gentile has just become a son of oil.

This isn't obtained by helping anyone but a Jew.

This Isaiah 66 IS the explanation to the ten virgins, the offering is a Jew and it is that extra vessel and the oil you purchased by helping a Jew with your own time and money is poured out on your head in order to teach you because you have done what it takes to become a son of oil. If God appoints you as his priest, he is going to send a spirit to teach you, you are going to receive an anointing in order to learn because God wont have his priests unaware.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I've studied that belief, so, maybe I recognize it more easily than others...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity