Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Well you are great at sugarcoating I have to say, but it doesn't really make much of a difference whether you say "they" or "you", the point you are making is clearly set against the beliefs from the Bible I hold and espouse. And therefore you are set against God, because these are infact His teachings from His Word.

You might not question my intentions or integrity, but the problem is that you think I am enslaved by false doctrines as you once were. As if I am just misguided and you need to set me straight, all ofcourse in the noble cause of exposing the "tyrannical and monstrous" portrayal of God and sharing the "true" love of God with everyone.
Actually, I just wanted to set you straight in your misguided characterization of the motivations of those who disagree with the doctrines you espouse.

But isn't it true of most of us who post here that we think we know some truth and want to share it? Isn't that true of you as well?

Quote:
But these doctrines, these teachings, are not false. They are the truth from God as we can find it in the Scripture. I am not the authority to judge, but Scripture is the authority to Judge, the teachings I am sharing come from Scripture and they actually paint an accurate and truthful picture of God. And my faith and these teachings are very much a part of me, and my new nature when I was Born again of the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ.
I can understand where you are coming from, you have your own moral standard and you feel like you need to protect God from getting a bad image. Maybe there is a level of misguided sincerity in you that thinks you are doing God and other people a favour in this way,
Not at all. God doesn't need protecting. I do know that the way God is portrayed by some of the doctrines of Christianity did damage to ME. I needed protecting, perhaps, and having dealt with the negative ramifications of having those doctrines thrust on me from birth, I do my best to buffer my children from them by assuring them that they are loved and valued by God and by me, no matter what. I also post on this forum, in part, for those who may be laboring under the weight of those doctrines and, knowingly or unknowingly, seeking freedom from them. So yes, I do hope that some grace is extended through me to others here who are looking for it. On the other hand, those beliefs I was raised with and embraced as truth are part of my journey, and the journey of others, and God can use anything for good so I have come to the place where I don't worry about those who are in them.

Quote:
but all God asks from us is repent from our sin, to put our trust in Jesus Christ and to be faithful to Him and the truth as revealed in His Word. But you can't understand where I am coming from, because even though you might come from a religious background, you were not born again. That is the key to why you do not and will not understand where I am coming from, your eyes were never opened to see the disgusting evil of your sin, and you did not receive the Holy Spirit or give your life over to Christ.

Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God, and he cannot discern the truth of God either. If someone was 'immersed' in Judaism, the religion of the true God, it was Nicodemus. Yet he doesn't have a clue what Jesus was talking about when he said that a man must be born again. The fact that you have a religious background really doesn't mean a thing. You cannot understand or see these things, and you will not enter into the kingdom of God, unless you repent from your sin, put your faith in Jesus Christ and are truly born of the Spirit.
I understand that this is how you see things.

My faith, Chanokh, is in the God who is love, and who is grace, the God who is for us not against us, who (by virtue of the very nature of God) is not holding our sin against us, and is within each of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 10:44 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Let me start with this:
I didn't want this to turn into any sort of mudslinging, so I was very careful not to say that YOU were slandering God, Chanokh. Some of the doctrines you espouse do, imo, but I have no reason to think that your intention in sharing what you believe is to slander God, nor that you are insincere. Slandering God wasn't my intent either when I was fully immersed in those beliefs. Nevertheless, being free of those doctrines, I can now see clearly that they do portray God as tyrannical and monstrous.
I do not think your motivation is to slander God. And the point I was making, Chanokh, was simply that your characterization of the motivation of those who disagree with these bloody doctrines is mistaken. Can you see that that is the case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What a considerate person you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An elegance or gracefulness to her credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
That's so gracious the way you spoke, Pleroo. And we must all learn to be as patient and gracious with our words so that the truth can be communicated and people can be delivered from darkness and oppression.
I couldn't agree more with my brothers and sister about Pleroo. She is a beautiful person who escaped from a primitive and barbaric set of beliefs and dogma and wants to aid others to see the light of God's love as revealed and demonstrated by Jesus the Christ.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:57 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Thank you guys for saying that. I'm sincerely grateful that grace is at least somewhat evident in that post. I give credit for that, in part, to Chanokh for starting this thread, because it has been an impetus for me spending more time in the contemplation of grace.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:26 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Paul knew that a life lived by the grace of God, was a life lived by faith of the Son of God. That is infact the only worthy and meaningful life to live, because it surpasses death. It is an eternal life which holds eternal value as Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
Amen, amen

Old 01-09-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
During sacrifices, the Kohain cut the throat...

Shechita is the method that makes the slaughter Kosher...
Maybe you should read some of Yob. Consider what provisions are granted before speaking of slaughter.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:40 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Awesome you follow One for Israel xuipa, me too, very exciting to hear and read how God is working in Israel through their ministry to draw people to Yeshua
הנוח, - Translation

Is this what you were shooting for with your handle?...

Old 01-09-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
הנוח, - Translation

Is this what you were shooting for with your handle?...
True
"My yoke is easy, and my burden is light"

Quite amazing indeed.

Old 01-09-2017, 02:58 PM

This world has fallen with chains of oppression.There are no roads prepared for the innocent who's minds are destroyed against the walls built by false prophets.
Generations have allowed an oppression of mammon to cut the childrens paths by injustices upon the poor.
How painfull it is to witness such blatant sowing of confusion. Like sedition pouring out of the wounded. Taking the mark of the beast in greed. Giving breath to an image of corruption and volition against the One who gives increase.

Oh but I put my trust in One who is faithfull. I know his Charity of Fire and promises to redeem the first fruits. Like the brazen sea reminds of a pain that once was.

To those that have forgotten the sound of the millstone because of abhorrence of the children of light

Praise the Lord of lights to those who know a pattern of longsuffering.
Blessed are the meek through the course of time appointed.
Having for knowledge of his promises.

,,,),,,,

Old 01-09-2017, 09:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Exactly what sin do you need to repent of?...
... pridefulness with a splash of self-righteousness comes to mind.

Self-righteousness (also called sanctimoniousness, sententiousness, and holier-than-thou attitudes) is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one's beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:05 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,036 times
Death in Adam, Life in Christ (caption in the KJV)

Romans 5:12-17 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity