Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 12:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Funny how you are actually the one that is being proud, condescending and self-righteous, even though in a veiled way you try to accuse me of the same and at the same time pretend you were once there but now you have grown and matured spiritually and try to chuck some spiritual advise on prayer in there at the same time. You sure know how to twist things pleroo, self-deceived and clever like a snake.

But no matter how many people tell you you're great, and no matter how hard you are trying to come across as a saint with spiritual wisdom, you trample the blood of Jesus Christ under foot. You are no saint by a far cry, you are the devils instrument to proclaim the poison of falsehood against Gods Word and truth under the cloak of a spiritual person that is only interested in Gods love. And in your heart of hearts you know that is true. I will pray God will truly open your eyes and soften your heart to see the misery you are in because pride comes before the fall. And boy it will be a great fall from the illusion of a saint that is proclaiming Gods love to the misery of eternal hell.
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice. It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate, everything else consists of pride and arrogance. And there is no such thing (or place) as an Eternal Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 12:22 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"Condemned" means nothing more than suffering the consequences of our attitudes until we change them. Punishment without the possibility of change is simply barbaric vengeance. I don't think God is barbaric, nor His love limited.
What about those who never change their attitude about Christ?

From Matthew Henry's commentary:

First, A certain condemnation. They are as sure to be condemned in the judgment of the great day as if they were condemned already. Secondly, A present condemnation. The curse has already taken hold of them; the wrath of God now fastens upon them. They are condemned already, for their own hearts condemn them. Thirdly, A condemnation grounded upon their former guilt: He is condemned already, for he lies open to the law for all his sins; the obligation of the law is in full force, power, and virtue, against him, because he is not by faith interested in the gospel defeasance; he is condemned already, because he has not believed. Unbelief may truly be called the great damning sin, because it leaves us under the guilt of all our other sins; it is a sin against the remedy, against our appeal.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:33 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Funny how you are actually the one that is being proud, condescending and self-righteous, even though in a veiled way you try to accuse me of the same and at the same time pretend you were once there but now you have grown and matured spiritually and try to chuck some spiritual advise on prayer in there at the same time. You sure know how to twist things pleroo, self-deceived and clever like a snake.
Oh, I know! That's why I said I still find myself doing the same thing. It's just that now when I catch myself doing it, I understand what it means, and I change my prayer. That doesn't mean the self-righteousness isn't still there, it just means I'm being aware of it, and then "faking it till I make it". I'm doing my best not to allow myself to dwell on any thoughts of being somehow superior to anyone else. We've all got a long way to go as I see it.

Quote:
But no matter how many people tell you you're great
Recently, a friend gave me a compliment and then said that that is a terrible thing to do to a friend. I understood his point, and appreciated his wisdom in that. I agree. It can be a dangerous thing. And if you want to pray about something for me, that my reliance and focus on Christ in me will grow and strengthen would be a prayer that I would welcome greatly.

Quote:
and no matter how hard you are trying to come across as a saint with spiritual wisdom, you trample the blood of Jesus Christ under foot. You are no saint by a far cry, you are the devils instrument to proclaim the poison of falsehood against Gods Word and truth under the cloak of a spiritual person that is only interested in Gods love. And in your heart of hearts you know that is true. I will pray God will truly open your eyes and soften your heart to see the misery you are in because pride comes before the fall. And boy it will be a great fall from the illusion of a saint that is proclaiming Gods love to the misery of eternal hell.
In my "heart of hearts" ... who knows but the Spirit within a person what is there. If you are correct that I'm the "devil's instrument" in any way (and I think we all are in various ways), I'm trusting the Spirit to reveal that to me. I certainly don't believe that I'm being the devil's instrument when I proclaim that it is safe to fall into the hands of a good and loving God.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice. It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate, everything else consists of pride and arrogance. And there is no such thing (or place) as an Eternal Hell.
Amen on all counts.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Oh, I know! That's why I said I still find myself doing the same thing. It's just that now when I catch myself doing it, I understand what it means, and I change my prayer. That doesn't mean the self-righteousness isn't still there, it just means I'm being aware of it, and then "faking it till I make it". I'm doing my best not to allow myself to dwell on any thoughts of being somehow superior to anyone else. We've all got a long way to go as I see it.
God does not ask us to "fake it, till we make it". God asks us to repent and put our trust in Jesus Christ because He has "made it" for us. And He has "made it" Perfectly, unlike anything we can perform in our own strength. I bid you by the grace of God that is in me, give Him a try and you will see that all your righteousness are as filthy rags compared to His Righteousness. Why don't you stop trying to improve on your own filthy rags, and receive the free gift of His Perfect Garment that He is willing to clothe you with?

I remember a minister said a while back that when you offer a tramp a mansion in trade for his rags, he might not take it kindly but look at you with suspicion instead, and if you try to touch his rags trying to convince him you have something better, you better watch out because he might very well punch you in defending those rags. It's an accurate description of how we hang on to the rags of our own righteousness and spirituality, instead of going with the free gift of grace in Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Recently, a friend gave me a compliment and then said that that is a terrible thing to do to a friend. I understood his point, and appreciated his wisdom in that. I agree. It can be a dangerous thing. And if you want to pray about something for me, that my reliance and focus on Christ in me will grow and strengthen would be a prayer that I would welcome greatly.
Your friend was right about the danger of being too complimentary. For a reliance and focus on Christ to grow, there must be a sight of who He truly is first, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. And only God can give you that, so I will pray for that.

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Quote:
In my "heart of hearts" ... who knows but the Spirit within a person what is there. If you are correct that I'm the "devil's instrument" in any way (and I think we all are in various ways), I'm trusting the Spirit to reveal that to me. I certainly don't believe that I'm being the devil's instrument when I proclaim that it is safe to fall into the hands of a good and loving God.
You are precisely the devil's instrument by proclaiming that. The Bible says, it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God, you proclaim "it is safe to fall in the hands of a good and loving God." your proclamation sounds so sweet but it is utterly misleading since it directly contradicts Gods Own Word.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

How is twisting Gods Word any short of doing satans work? You grab a faint memory of a scripture and make it say the complete opposite of what the Scripture actually says. Except for degree of intention, what you proclaim is no different than what satan proclaimed to eve in the garden, directly opposing Gods Word that proclaims judgment and punishment, and posing the lie of no judgment and "blessing" as if it were true.

Genesis 3:3-5 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

I will pray the Holy Spirit will indeed reveal your exceeding wickedness to you, because I do not think you are doing satans bidding on purpose.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Greetings as well.
My reply was not intended to do anything other than what it has already achieved.

The link is demonically calling Jesus a liar or delusional with his speaking of hell as factual, God's wrath remaining on those who disbelieve. Jesus however will prove the claims of the link as the demonic lie that it is.

The other demonic lie is that God's grace extends to all beyond their time given on earth as the link insinuates.
Jesus (the one whom God has sent) said:

John 5:27-29
Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice
and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil
will rise to be condemned."
Quote:
No, at no point did the author of that blog call Jesus a liar or delusional. I know that you believe anyone who disagrees with what you believe Jesus meant is actually disagreeing with Jesus. I understand that -- I mean, I think YOU and Chanokh are disagreeing with Jesus. But I know anyone who's intention is to speak what they believe is true about what Jesus meant -- including those who espouse doctrines like ET and penal substitution, both of which I believe to be dead wrong -- is not intending to call Jesus a liar. You know that too, I'm sure, so perhaps you could refrain from putting such words into other people's mouths? Thanks Twin.
Of course the author of the link didn't call Jesus a liar or delusional.... imposters don't.
That's the whole purpose of Jesus' warning about wolves in sheep clothing like this author linked.
They don't expose themselves with their demonic lies until they open their mouth (in this case the link).

Jesus speaks of
  • Heaven\Hell,
  • of condemnation\salvation,
  • of being cursed by God for unbelief\being blessed by God for belief,
  • time of grace limited to one's life prior to physical death
  • being the sacrifice substitution for payment of sins
  • being just to judge people concerning their condemnation \ salvation
as being a matter of fact.
To claim otherwise is ultimately attempting to refute Jesus a liar or delusional whether it's openly stated or indirectly since there is but one one truth.

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-24-2017 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 01-24-2017, 02:06 PM

Chanokh, you still aren't understanding my perspective. When I said I was faking it till I make it, I included that I'm working on where I allow my thoughts to dwell, so that you would understand what I was saying. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. So, to put it in other words, I'm working at having Christ be my focus, not on trying to improve myself. Is that clear to you now?

In response to what you said about being fearful, if you believe the Hebrews passage you quoted means we should be afraid of God, then it is in contradiction to the passages that assure us that God is love, and that there is no fear in love.

Fear not, Chanokh.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
No, at no point did the author of that blog call Jesus a liar or delusional. I know that you believe anyone who disagrees with what you believe Jesus meant is actually disagreeing with Jesus. I understand that -- I mean, I think YOU and Chanokh are disagreeing with Jesus. But I know anyone who's intention is to speak what they believe is true about what Jesus meant -- including those who espouse doctrines like ET and penal substitution, both of which I believe to be dead wrong -- is not intending to call Jesus a liar. You know that too, I'm sure, so perhaps you could refrain from putting such words into other people's mouths? Thanks Twin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

To claim otherwise is calling Jesus a liar or delusional whether it openly stated or indirectly.
It's obviously up to you how you want to address people. I thought it was worth it to ask.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:21 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What about those who never change their attitude about Christ?

From Matthew Henry's commentary:

First, A certain condemnation. They are as sure to be condemned in the judgment of the great day as if they were condemned already. Secondly, A present condemnation. The curse has already taken hold of them; the wrath of God now fastens upon them. They are condemned already, for their own hearts condemn them. Thirdly, A condemnation grounded upon their former guilt: He is condemned already, for he lies open to the law for all his sins; the obligation of the law is in full force, power, and virtue, against him, because he is not by faith interested in the gospel defeasance; he is condemned already, because he has not believed. Unbelief may truly be called the great damning sin, because it leaves us under the guilt of all our other sins; it is a sin against the remedy, against our appeal.
Then they will suffer from separation from the community of love until they do. Do you honestly believe that anyone will choose hate for eternity? If love is what we need, and I believe it is, we will tumble to that fact. Until we do we will hold ourselves separate from it. Not a good place to be.

Old 01-24-2017, 02:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
It's obviously up to you how you want to address people. I thought it was worth it to ask.
It always is, at least once. People who are convinced they are right are hard to talk to, and I guess that applies to me from that standpoint. I only know that if I am wrong I really don't want to deal with the perception of God they hold. Do you wonder how they would feel about that in the event they are wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity