Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 08:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Grace is a warm smile on a cold day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 02:12 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Thought it was interesting to mention I learned in Bible study last night that the name of John the Baptist, Yochanan in Hebrew, means "YAHWEH is gracious". John the Baptist ofcourse being the forerunner of the Lord Jesus, Whose Name means "YAHWEH saves".

Do we deserve our salvation? Not in the slightest, we have turned our backs against God, but God is gracious to offer us salvation if we put our faith in Jesus Christ.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:23 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,524,002 times
Default Grace From A Total Bible Perspective

Well if this isn't staying on a bible subject well something must be wrong I think.

Grace been around before the natural birth of Jesus.
Grace been around when Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden fruit and had spared them life for a while.
Grace been around when animals paid for sins of people.
Grace been around when we made foolish decisions.

Grace not just boasting in the cross to be saved----Romans 6:1.
Grace not just repenting of hatred and loving people---John 8:31.
Grace not just repenting from complaining and being peaceful----John 3:5.
Grace not just repenting from using dope and being sober----Hebrews 4.
Grace not just repenting from atheist beliefs-----1 Peter 3:3.
Grace not just repenting from evolution beliefs----1 Cor. 11.
Grace not just from obeying the 10 commandments you broke---2 Timothy 3:16.
Grace not just repenting from controlling people---2 Peter 1:20-21.
Grace not just repenting cause of sex before marriage---Romans 7:2-3.
Grace not just repenting cause of swearing and cussing----Proverbs 20:1.
Grace not just repenting from getting drunk---2 Cor. 6.
Grace not just repenting of having no testimony----Matthew 7:21-24.
Grace not just repenting of having fear----Romans 12:3.
Grace not just repenting from being slothful----Luke 12:15.
Grace not just repenting from being foolish----John 5:39.
Grace not just confessing what you did wrong---2 Timothy 2:15.
Grace not just repenting from never praying---John 17:9.
Grace not just repenting from never advertising Jesus----Matthew 7:6.
Grace not just repenting from never suffering for him----Amos 3:3.
Grace not just repenting from not being in a formal assembly with people---Matthew 15:14.
Grace not just repenting from never using common sense---1 Cor. 8:2.
Grace not just repenting from a filthy lucre living----1 Cor. 9:14.
Grace not just repenting from lack of boldness for Jesus----1 Cor. 9:18.
Grace not just repenting from never having a seed for future generations---1 Timothy 5:8.
Grace not just tithing now to honor God and keep curses off----Galations 1:8-9.
Grace not just being the hero in the family now----Matthew 10:22.
Grace not just a great reputation about you now----Luke 6:26.
Grace not just making a great family name for yourself----Matthew 10:34-37.

Well all said to attract the John 8:31 people that believe all the bible make you saved ONLY !!

Matthew 5:17-20-----John 8:31 people know what this all about.

2 Timothy 3:16----John 8:31 people know what this all about.

Matthew 4:4 --------John 8:31 people know what this all about.

They know what Amos 3:3 all about.

They know what Matthew 7:6 all about.

They know what Matthew 15:14 all abut.

They know what Psalms 133:1 all about enough.

They know what John 17:21 all about enough.

Especially 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Especially Ephesians 4:5.

Especially 2 Cor. 4:3.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:27 AM

"Grace" is more than mercy and love, it superadds to them. It denotes, not simply love, but the love of a sovereign, transcendly superior, one that may do what he will, that may wholly choose whether he will love or no. There may be love between equals, and an inferior may love a superior; but love in a superior, and so superior as he may do what he will, in such a one love is called grace: and therefore grace is attributed to princes; they are said to be gracious to their subjects, whereas subjects cannot be gracious to princes. Now God, who is an infinite Sovereign, who might have chosen whether ever He would love us or no, for Him to love us, this is grace. - Thomas Goodwin

Old 12-17-2016, 08:03 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Old 12-18-2016, 04:31 AM

That's a very cute picture pleroo

"The Kingdom of grace is nothing but.... the beginning of the Kingdom of glory; the Kingdom of grace is glory in the seed, and the Kingdom of glory is grace in the flower; the Kingdom of grace is glory in the daybreak, and the Kingdom of glory is grace in the full meridian; the Kingdom of grace is glory militant, and the Kingdom of glory is grace triumphant.... the Kingdom of grace leads to the Kingdom of glory." - Thomas Watson

Old 12-18-2016, 07:44 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Not into self-congratulation all that much are you?

You are still a wretched sinner, as are we all. We are heirs through hope to God's Kingdom, not by our merit.
That is a false statement. It's amazing grace, the subject of this thread, that converts a wretched sinner to be a Saint worthy of the Kingdom of God. To God be all the glory! Though it sounds so pious to call oneself a wretched sinner, the children of God are in fact Saints; and it's the Saints who go marching in. Those who die as wretched sinners go to hell.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:58 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I was resting the other night and then there I could see a giant long pig or rhinoceros with a over sized leg bone for a horn , and it circled around and came right for my feet and then my feet hurt back and I prayed to rebuke this demon spirit through Jesus name and even binded it up in Jesus name and my cold feeling feet was vibrating for a minute and then the vibration and any pain and coldness was gone ...........By the Grace of God I seen this demonic threat against me and by the grace of God cleansed this threat off my body and brought protection for my life ....... See this is the power of the baptism of Holy spirit which people can over come the world and the spirit of the world , as people need to pray the authority of the believer , because Jesus cannot deliver us with out our prayers first ........Glory to God ...
Although I am not really sure what you are testifying of towards the baptism of the Holy Spirit in regards to that demonic event since there is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit given at our salvation and at no other time ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 1 John 4:1-7 ), but since we have received power, and that Jesus Christ is in us always, we can resist & rebuke such demonic event without seeking another baptism of the Holy Spirit to do it; as the testimony that all should be sharing is "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world,"....( I think your post needs to be clarified in that respect )

....as it is....I testify that Jesus Christ as my trusted Good Shepherd, has saved me from perilous moments in life without me praying or calling on Him to do it, because He would lead me to thank Him afterwards.

I just know that when we see Him face to face, we shall see everything that we did not know about where He has protected us from so as to give Him more thanksgiving and honor and glory to His name.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:27 AM

A godly man prefers grace before goods, and wisdom before the world. - Richard Bernard

Old 12-18-2016, 10:11 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Indeed, Pleroo, words are unnecessary when it comes to expressing love and Grace.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity