Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2016, 06:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
It is! The 3 major world religions all worship the Abrahamic God. Sadly, the Jews and Muslims (for the most part) reject Jesus, the only way to God.
More sadly, all three are adrift in the ocean of truth without oars - or a breeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 06:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
God doesn't 'send people to Hell'. This is a common misconception. People choose to reject God and Hell is the only place there is for these people. There's no 'third option'...

It's like there's a storm coming and Rosie invites you to come into her house for shelter and warmth and you're like, 'Nah, I don't want to...' and then your standing there in the rain and the cold and the dark and you say, 'I can't believe Rosie did this to me!'.

It doesn't make any sense.

We are all heading to the same place, Hell, however, Christ gave us an alternative to choose if we desire.
I don't "desire" to share your shallow, immature, primitive worldview.

I prefer to follow truth where it leads.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
If the Doctrine of Hell is True, then True Christians believe they will not go there.
If the Doctrine of Hell is NOT True, then Atheists CAN’T go there. (There’s no “there.”)
If the Doctrine of Hell is NOT True, then Christians CAN’T go there.
If the Doctrine of Hell is True, then Atheists … well, what then?
(Unless you believe that what you BELIEVE changes the truth.)
If the Doctrine of Hell is imaginative, you can only image it; but it doesn't make it real.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:06 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
That is the problem, is it not? When any one group claims to have the ONLY way to god, the world goes to hell in a collection plate.....

How abut looking at it this way-

Christianity is the ONLY major world religion that practices Polytheism, something the Abrahamic god said was an abomination.

Seems the Muslims and the Jewish folks are adhering to god's word of there being ONLY ONE GOD...
Nice try, but I ain't buyin' it!

Old 12-09-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Let's use our own words, that is so much more impressive..
You should read the Bible.

Acts 4:12

12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Old 12-09-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't "desire" to share your shallow, immature, primitive worldview.

I prefer to follow truth where it leads.
You should speak truth instead of bashing others.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:11 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
You should read the Bible.

Acts 4:12

12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
You should read it less and think for yourself more...might be surprised how much the God I know would respect you...

Old 12-09-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
You should speak truth instead of bashing others.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Nice try, but I ain't buyin' it!
most pharisees do not...still doesn't change the facts...

Old 12-09-2016, 07:17 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Quote:
So a real christian might feed the hungry, build shelter for the homeless, visit those in prison and even provide funds for the care and welfare of a stranger?
Not that so much as being a better provider for his family, a better model for his children, maybe dropping some old unproductive habits like the Wed. night poker games.

The unrepentant one will feel he's Heaven-bound because he goes to church every Sunday, but he treats his wife and kids poorly and drinks too much in spite of known issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity