Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 11:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God inspired the book of Hebrews. It admonishes us to gather together to worship and fellowship. I said that it's sad that people place God under everything else. That includes doing what he commands in Hebrews 10. You have made it clear that you don't gather to worship with the nice group of people you gather with.

Men wrote Hebrews. Men who silence the voices of women. I do not worship God. God is with me and right next to me every step. So God is not placed under anything. I think it is sad you use God for worship and admonishment.

We gather in ways that are pleasing to God. What can I say, God loves a good gathering. God enjoys laughter, and good food.

You have made it clear that God in your world is much darker. I have no interest in a relationship with your dark God. That would not work for me. God knows this, and acts accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 11:22 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Men wrote Hebrews. Men who silence the voices of women.
Actually, God inspired a man (or woman) to write Hebrews. Your red herring regarding the silencing of women's voices is irrelevant.
Quote:

I do not worship God. God is with me and right next to me every step. So God is not placed under anything. I think it is sad you use God for worship and admonishment.
Then why are you participating in a discussion of worship? I'm not the one that dragged you into this.
Quote:
We gather in ways that are pleasing to God. What can I say, God loves a good gathering. God enjoys laughter, and good food.
But you do not worship God, as you pointed out. So the entire question of you worshiping on Sunday is a non-sequitur.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
So do you go on Christmas? If not, why not?
For as long as I can remember, I step outside on Christmas Eve and look at the sky. As a child, I would open the window.
The energy is palpable. I feel the love, good will and anticipation. I breathe it in. This one evening is like no other.

It fills me. I draw upon it when I am running on empty. It is a gift like no other.

I have never felt this in Church. So, no. I am not compelled to visit a Church on Christmas or Christmas Eve.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Actually, God inspired a man (or woman) to write Hebrews. Your red herring regarding the silencing of women's voices is irrelevant.

Then why are you participating in a discussion of worship? I'm not the one that dragged you into this.

But you do not worship God, as you pointed out. So the entire question of you worshiping on Sunday is a non-sequitur.
Irrelevant to men. I do not gather to worship God. I am not convinced the people in the seats of you church worship God either. Showing up out of some obligation is not worship. It is simply showing up.

I participate to give a viewpoint, as you share yours. You seem to have issues with it. I am amused. hahahahaha

Old 12-13-2016, 11:37 AM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The first church did not abandon meeting in Church.
It's recorded first that they meet everyday in the temple courts then went to people's home for fellowship.
"All the believers were together and had everything in common... Every day they continued
to meet together in the temple courts
. They broke bread in their homes and ate together
with glad and sincere hearts." Acts 2:44, 46
Fact is it was only because of persecution that churches meet in homes, not for this anti-church malarkey. As Jesus said:
"They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God." John 16:2
The point was that it doesn't have to be a building with a steeple or the word "church" on the sign out front.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:39 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Irrelevant to men. I do not gather to worship God. I am not convinced the people in the seats of you church worship God either. Showing up out of some obligation is not worship. It is simply showing up.

I participate to give a viewpoint, as you share yours. You seem to have issues with it. I am amused. hahahahaha
I don't care what you do. But the point of the thread was a question about churches having worship services on Christmas Day. You inserted yourself into the conversation when you have said yourself that nothing you do is relevant to the discussion. You don't attend a church, nor do you gather to worship at a home church.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I don't care what you do. But the point of the thread was a question about churches having worship services on Christmas Day. You inserted yourself into the conversation when you have said yourself that nothing you do is relevant to the discussion. You don't attend a church, nor do you gather to worship at a home church.
You obviously do care. Or, you are vying for the thread monitor award of 2016. . Moderator cut: deleted

Were you not able to resist my post? Unable to pass it by? Apparently not. . I am amused.

The fact you see God as an entity to worship is odd. Zeus like in its devotion. To what end? You have a relationship with God based on a book written by men who silenced the voices of women. Not even Zeus did that.

You want to think women wrote Hebrews? Ahahahahaha You know better, Viz. Red herring indeed.

Now... you next mission is to resist... resist answering.....

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2016 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Calling out a mod.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:19 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
You obviously do care. Or, you are vying for the thread monitor award of 2016. . Moderator cut: orphaned

Were you not able to resist my post? Unable to pass it by? Apparently not. . I am amused.

The fact you see God as an entity to worship is odd. Zeus like in its devotion. To what end? You have a relationship with God based on a book written by men who silenced the voices of women. Not even Zeus did that.

You want to think women wrote Hebrews? Ahahahahaha You know better, Viz. Red herring indeed.

Now... you next mission is to resist... resist answering.....
Christians worship God because He's our Creator, our Heavenly Father. He gives us life and breath and all good things. He is higher and greater than us and deserves adulation.

John 4

24"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

You believe you and God are equals, pals, buddies. That's fine, but it's is NOT Christianity.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-13-2016 at 01:43 PM..

Old 12-13-2016, 12:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The first churches were held in homes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The first church did not abandon meeting in Church.
It's recorded first that they meet everyday in the temple courts then went to people's home for fellowship.
"All the believers were together and had everything in common... Every day they continued
to meet together in the temple courts
. They broke bread in their homes and ate together
with glad and sincere hearts." Acts 2:44, 46
Fact is it was only because of persecution that churches meet in homes, not for this anti-church malarkey. As Jesus said:
"They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God." John 16:2
Quote:
The point was that it doesn't have to be a building with a steeple or the word "church" on the sign out front.
Theoretically true .. but since there is all this anti-church malarkey, any time some says it's wrong, I'll continue to show from the Bible otherwise.

The early church did not meet at homes because of the premise as the anti-church claimers suggest ... it's simply false.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Christians worship God because He's our Creator, our Heavenly Father. He gives us life and breath and all good things. He is higher and greater than us and deserves adulation.

John 4

24"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

You believe you and God are equals, pals, buddies. That's fine, but it's is NOT Christianity.
Correct all this of whomever + God are equals, pals, buddies, it's NOT Christianity ... it's the demonic desire of the practice of making a god of thyself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity