Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 04:30 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yet another example of how the bible contains ERRORS!
So like some other great religions teach, we get to be forgiven after we are dead!!
Why waste time in the here and now when I can have the time of my life and be forgiven in death!!
What Scripture says we are forgiven after death ?___________
Doesn't Jesus' sacrifice cover ' before ' death - 1st John 1:7
Unless committing the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6, the dead are freed or acquitted from sin according to Romans 6:7; 6:23. Being freed or acquitted does Not make a person as thus being innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges do Not stick.

We are Not here to waste time, but are given two (2) choice to either ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( be destroyed )
The wicked will be destroyed forever ( Not live forever ) - Psalm 92:7
Those who choose to willfully practice sin will have No future - Hebrew 10:26
They will be classed with the haughty figurative 'goat'-like ones of Matthew 25:31-33 who will perish forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Delmarva pay strict attention to Mike555.......your list of "gods" are all dead and will profit you nothing........and anyone who has found Paul's gospel is so rare today I have to marvel when I see it in print.......
Post by Mike555: Jesus did all the work that was required to make salvation available to you as He hung on the cross and paid the penalty for our sins. All you have to do to receive eternal life is to simply trust in His finished work on your behalf.
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
1 Corinthians 15:1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3] For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4] and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9] not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Eternal life is a free gift by grace through faith in Christ Jesus so that you can't boast or take any credit for your salvation. It all depends on what Jesus has already accomplished at the cross. You simply take hold of, simply receive the offered gift of eternal life by simply placing your trust in Jesus. The moment you do you are eternally saved and can never lose your salvation.
If a person can never loose salvation then why did Jesus say if you want to be saved then endure to the end ?
- Please see Matthew 24:13
Can't a saved person end up loosing salvation becoming a castaway according to 1st Corinthians 9:27 ?
What is the warning given us at 1st Corinthians 10:12 ?
Did the people of Hebrews 6:4-6 keep their salvation or loose it ?
What about the people of 2nd Timothy 4:3 ?
Can one be forgiven after committing the unforgivable sin of Matthew 12:32 ?

Old 12-13-2016, 09:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Scorn is not blasphemy..POINT.

Well, the translators seem to think otherwise, so I think I'll go with them. What's the matter? Afraid you qualify? Peace

Old 12-14-2016, 03:48 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, the translators seem to think otherwise, so I think I'll go with them. What's the matter? Afraid you qualify? Peace
Again, a fine example of the bible being WRONG because it was written by MEN (TRANSLATORS are not perfect)

Old 12-14-2016, 04:36 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when people make God out to be evil and attribute evil to his character. That happens often on this board and in churches.
Love this

Old 12-14-2016, 04:53 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when people make God out to be evil and attribute evil to his character. That happens often on this board and in churches.
Your god is utterly evil. It utterly tell its creations to utterly kill babies, children and donkeys.

Your god utterly sucks. Anyone who worships this god utterly sucks.

15 Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
You can deny Jesus and the Father all you want. But to say that Christians put together an "authorized" book, and that no new revelation can be added, would be blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Evangelical Christianity = Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

Old 12-14-2016, 05:23 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaNative_inCO View Post
I'm just learning about Christianity...and what I was told is the 'only unforgivable sin' is thorough blasphemy of the holy spirit...synonymous with 'continuous disbelief' right?

Would this include having faith in multiple religions? Such as having a faith in Christ's message, yet being uncertain, open to...Hinduism, Taoism, Islam...?

I am only trying to build my own faith up so thank you for your words of guidance.....

- Delmarva
Backwards.

The spirit of God is the spirit of love. And ppl, not just Christians, have this spirit within them. The way you blaspheme against the holy spirit is when you declare others infidels on the basis of their religion, or embrace a religion that does (certain cults, and *ahem* certain religions do this, by blanket declaring all others wrong).

Syncreticism is perfectly fine, and anyone who tells you different is mistaken.

Old 12-14-2016, 07:21 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Again, a fine example of the bible being WRONG because it was written by MEN (TRANSLATORS are not perfect)
Written down by men, under the direction of God's Holy Spirit.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Written down by men, under the direction of God's Holy Spirit.
So say men. That seems very convenient.

God does not silence the voices of women. Women have no voice in scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity