Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 06:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
With all that is going on in this world that needs attending to, you ACTUALLY believe that what God wants us to do about it to show our love for Him and each other is to parrot the words in the Bible?????? Preposterous!
Jesus said it also.

"Genuine worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth"

He said the word of God is truth and the words He spoke, which were given to Him by the Father, in other words , the word of God, are spirit. So Jesus also said it but just so you couldn't see it.

But now I am showing you plainly so don't think you can get by and say you didn't know.

It is written;

"I shall change and purify the lips of the people so they shall all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

"Call upon me and I shall answer you. I will show you great things beyond the reach of your knowledge."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honesty and peace be at your gates."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 07:51 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I am sure you do...help all 3 of your neighbors
that explains why there are THOUSANDS still dying...

can I do the same with WAR and demand my tax dollars back?
Exactly! Why do they never complain about TRILLIONS of their TAX DOLLARS used to feed the weapon's industry and drop bombs on families around the globe for decades on end. I feel pretty sure we are very close to having judgement dropped in our American laps and I am not happy about that. I tried to fight the war machine every inch of the way but I could not stop it. I despise it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRqjFcP_aw0

Last edited by RainMusic; 12-16-2016 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Add a song

Old 12-16-2016, 08:03 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
How much are you doing? Thousands are still dying despite the glut of welfare our country provides.

I hate war.

President Trump has promised you a tax break.
Trump is not the president YET. But I don't doubt you voted for him.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:09 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Exactly! Why do they never complain about TRILLIONS of their TAX DOLLARS used to feed the weapon's industry and drop bombs on families around the globe for decades on end. I feel pretty sure we are very close to having judgement dropped in our American laps and I am not happy about that. I tried to fight the war machine every inch of the way but I could not stop it. I despise it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRqjFcP_aw0
on the words and on the music.

Beautiful. Merry Christmas, Rain Music.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:29 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
Luke 2:8-12 . .And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.

. . . But the angel said to them; "Don't be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today, in the town of David, a savior has been born to you; he is Messiah, the Lord."

Not every Christian denomination heralds a Xmas message that qualifies as "good news of great joy". Several announce a version that is neither good nor joyful at all; but is actually bad news indeed because their message-- although adequately announcing the reality of divine retribution --fails to tell of a guaranteed fail-safe, sin-proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof, apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, God-proof, Devil-proof rescue from the wrath of God. Roman Catholicism, the very centerpiece and public image of Christianity, can't even guarantee safety for its own Popes nor its outstanding nuns.

Friday, April 8, 2005; millions of Catholics around the world-- including Cardinals, Bishops, and Monsignors --prayed for Karol Wojtyla during his funeral. Let me point out something that should go without saying: if someone has already gone on to eternal life; is it really necessary to continue praying for them? Of course not. They'd be home free. The millions of Catholics left behind would be the ones in need of prayer; not Mr. Wojtyla. But the sad reality is: no Catholic, not even a Pope, knows for sure where they're going when they cross over to the other side.

If Popes and super duper nuns like Mother Teresa are in danger of missing out on eternal life, then what "great joy" does news like Rome's gospel have to offer John Q and Jane Doe pew warmer? None, no joy at all. The best they can do is cross their fingers and pray for the best while in the backs of their minds dreading the worst.

The angel announced the birth of a savior. Webster's defines a "savior" as one who rescues. You've seen examples of rescuers-- lifeguards, firemen, cops, emergency medical teams, Coast Guard units, snow patrols, and mountain rescue teams. Rescuers typically save people who are facing imminent death and/or grave danger and utterly helpless to do anything about it.

Of what real benefit would the rescuer of Luke 2:8-12 really be to anybody if he couldn't guarantee a fail-safe, sin-proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof, apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, God-proof, Devil-proof rescue from the wrath of God? He'd be of no benefit to anybody. No; he'd be an incompetent ninny that nobody could rely on.

But, if a rescuer were to be announced who guaranteed anybody who wants it, a completely free of charge, no strings attached, guaranteed fail-safe, sin-proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof, apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, God-proof, Devil-proof rescue from the wrath of God, and full-time protection from future retribution; wouldn't that qualify as good news of great joy? I think just about everybody would have to agree with me that news like that would not only most certainly be good; but also cause for celebration, and for ecstatic happiness.

/
Your mistake is thinking that catholicism is christianity when all it really is ... is just another gospel, especially when the emphasis on Catholic salvation revolves around being a member of the "Church" and continuing to do all the sacraments within.

Jesus warned you in His words that there will be thieves that will come inbetween you and Him. The RCC is not the door; Jesus is the door. John 10:7-9 Scripture points to coming to Him for life ( John 5:39-40 ) and nowhere else. John 14:6 & John 10:1-5

Christianity is the Good News when it involves being reconciled with God thru Jesus Christ as their Saviour, but the bad news is that believers do not lean on Jesus as their Good Shepherd to read the King James Bible in learning of Him to find rest unto their souls ( Matthew 11:28-30 ) So it is the religious people that have a hard time letting go, thinking they need to prove their love for the Lord and do good to earn their salvation, but in reality, all Catholics that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God had raised Him from the dead.. are saved; having that foundation laid which is in Christ Jesus....BUT..

A lot of false teachers have come in and led many astray in the latter days and not just by catholicism either.....

So.. if you want to know about christianity; then learn about Jesus Christ and His word to you that He will help you to know Him and the power of His resurrection when you trust Him at His words that He will finish His work in you to His glory ( Philippians 1:6-11 ) as He will destroy the works of the devil in your lives ( 1 John 3:3,8 & 2 Timothy 4:16 ) and keep you from falling back into the slavery of sin again ( Jude 1:24-25 )

So we are not to live this reconciled relationship with God through any church as if that church is the Good Shepherd: no. Any good church would be pointing you to go to Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd for the power and guidance in living this reconciled relationship with God; teaching His words to you so you can trust Him more in all things, especially when sin keeps trying to work its way back into your life again to corrupt and defile the temple of God which is your body.

1 Corinthians 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Believers think they are getting closer to God by way of the church or the Mass or whatever, but that is denying the promise that He is with us and within us always.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

So what happens to those astray in catholicism or has become unbelievers? He is still in them ( 2 Timothy 2:13 ) but because of iniquity and the falling away from the faith, God will judge His House first which is what the pre trib rapture is really all about as those believers and former believers that get left behind, will be restored to the path of righteousness for His name's sake for He is still their Good Shepherd.

So if you want to know the truth about christianity from all the lies that try to hog the spotlight from Him, go before that throne of grace for help in learning of Him and His words to you so that you may find rest for your souls in all things; not just having been saved by Him and thus reconciled with God, but living that reconciled relationship with God by faith in Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd in getting to know Him and the power of His resurrection when you see Him enabling you to follow Him by faith alone.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:54 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:
Uh huh. And MILLIONS of American children will go hungry over the winter school break because they live in poverty and they won't be able to get a free lunch at school. That big government program feeds kids. For some of them it is their only nutritious, decent meal of the day. Why? Because "face-to-face" helping your neighbors isn't enough. It's not nearly enough.

Evangelical conservatives are proud of the strangest things.
The big government taxes people to the point where they can't make rent, shoving them to the curb. They also tax and regulate business to the point where it can't function unless it is very very big (bye bye entrepreneurs). This produces towns like ours where small businesses basically don't exist. Thankfully, there are enough people like me that actively pursue work, but still there are people with law degrees that cannot find work except as a cashier. Then, it outsources the remaining jobs. It "helps" people by keeping them on welfare, not by giving them sustainable work.

Face to face isn't enough. Charitable contributions aren't enough. Correct. But last I checked, it didn't come out of taxpayer coffers in an already bad market.

Quote:
Not Trump. Blame our "Nobel Peace winner."

Old 12-17-2016, 01:57 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
The angel announced the birth of a savior. Webster's defines a "savior" as one who rescues. You've seen examples of rescuers-- lifeguards, firemen, cops, emergency medical teams, Coast Guard units, snow patrols, and mountain rescue teams. Rescuers typically save people who are facing imminent death and/or grave danger and utterly helpless to do anything about it.
Of what real benefit would the rescuer of Luke 2:8-12 really be to anybody if he couldn't guarantee a fail-safe, sin-proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof, apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, God-proof, Devil-proof rescue from the wrath of God? He'd be of no benefit to anybody. No; he'd be an incompetent ninny that nobody could rely on.
But, if a rescuer were to be announced who guaranteed anybody who wants it, a completely free of charge, no strings attached, guaranteed fail-safe, sin-proof, human nature-proof, Ten Commandments-proof, bad behavior-proof, apostasy-proof, reprobate-proof, God-proof, Devil-proof rescue from the wrath of God, and full-time protection from future retribution; wouldn't that qualify as good news of great joy? I think just about everybody would have to agree with me that news like that would not only most certainly be good; but also cause for celebration, and for ecstatic happiness.
/
Good news (gospel) of 'great joy' because the good news of God's kingdom government is now being proclaimed on an international scale world wide as never before in history as Matthew 24:14 and Acts 1:8 mentions it would be done.
That means that Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among people of goodwill.
We are nearing that soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33

Good point ^ Above ^ about rescuing people who are facing imminent death/ danger.....
The imminent danger for our day, or time frame, is the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14; Isaiah 26:20
So, the figurative humble ' sheep'-like people of Matthew 25:31-33,37 will need to be " saved/ delivered/ rescued " alive through the coming great tribulation before the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins, when Jesus will have earthly subjects (citizens) from sea to sea - Psalm 72:8
So, Jesus, as savior/rescuer/ deliver, is of real benefit to the righteous ones because they will then become sin-proof, disease-proof, death proof in the sense that they can gain happy-and-healthy everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
The last enemy 'death' will then be No more - Isaiah 25:8; 1st Corinthians 15:26

Up until that millennial time frame, people like those of Hebrews 6:4-6; Matthew 12:32 can choose to fall away.
In other words, No one is forced to keep on worshipping God. No one is apostasy-proof or sin-proof.
We can all choose to ' repent ' if we want to, or we will ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2md Peter 3:9
Jesus' rescues/delivers/saves the humble meek who will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; 25:31-33,37; Psalm 37:10-11,29

Old 12-17-2016, 02:17 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I guess that depends on which ' judgement ' ?
Those who are humble ' sheep'-like ones of Matthew 25:31-33,37 have a favorable judgement coming.
Those who prove to be haughty 'goat'-like ones will have an adverse judgement coming.
The coming ' time of separation ' is favorable for the humble, and adverse for the haughty.
So, those who follow Jesus can be happy about having a favorable judgement 'dumped in their laps', so to speak.

None of us can fight the war machine or stop it (Rev 12:12,9; Rev, 7:14) but according to Scripture Jesus can.
Jesus can and will stop war because Jesus from heaven with angelic armies will carry on righteous war - Rev. 19:11 - meaning No one innocent will be in harm's way.
Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will by the 'executional words from his mouth' will rid the Earth of violent ones.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11,14-16 - before Jesus ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Before this happens, as a final signal, so to speak, ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, "Peace and Security" as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14; 1st Thess. 5:2-3.
So, we don't want to fooled, or spiritually lulled to sleep, as it Jesus is Not coming to the rescue.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:31 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I guess that depends on which ' judgement ' ?
Those who are humble ' sheep'-like ones of Matthew 25:31-33,37 have a favorable judgement coming.
Those who prove to be haughty 'goat'-like ones will have an adverse judgement coming.
The coming ' time of separation ' is favorable for the humble, and adverse for the haughty.
So, those who follow Jesus can be happy about having a favorable judgement 'dumped in their laps', so to speak.

None of us can fight the war machine or stop it (Rev 12:12,9; Rev, 7:14) but according to Scripture Jesus can.
Jesus can and will stop war because Jesus from heaven with angelic armies will carry on righteous war - Rev. 19:11 - meaning No one innocent will be in harm's way.
Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will by the 'executional words from his mouth' will rid the Earth of violent ones.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11,14-16 - before Jesus ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

Before this happens, as a final signal, so to speak, ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, "Peace and Security" as a precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14; 1st Thess. 5:2-3.
So, we don't want to fooled, or spiritually lulled to sleep, as it Jesus is Not coming to the rescue.
The son of man is coming and is here.

You I do not know.

Stay awake or you won't know when your lord has come.

" Be alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that will take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Old 12-17-2016, 06:21 PM

425 posts, read 276,238 times
-
Q: How did the apostles Paul and Peter obtain this elpis hope about which you speak? Upon what did they base their confidence?

A: Their confidence was based upon trust; and actually, so is mine. Let me explain.

I have no truck with the Watchtower Society, but there is one area of their belief system where they and I are in total agreement: Jesus is not a failure. In other words: Jesus was, and he still is, a faithful and reliable servant in all with which God has assigned him.

John 5:30 . . I do not seek my own will but the will of the One who sent me.

John 6:38 . . For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.

John 8:29 . .The one who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what is pleasing to him.

Now with that, here is one of Jesus' assignments with which I have the utmost in confidence that he will not fail.

John 6:39 . . This is the will of the One who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what He gave me

Were Jesus to lose even just one head of the sheep that his Father gave him; he would fail to satisfy the will of the One who sent him.

FYI: Sheep don't just wander into Jesus' fold. No; God rounds them up and drives them to His son for safe keeping.

John 6:44 . . No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him

John 6:37 . . Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,

The major difficulty thwarting the anti-OSAS crowd is their inability to trust God's son. It's really just that simple; and their inability to trust him clouds their judgment to the point that they actually end up insinuating that God's son is not the good shepherd he claims to be. In their minds eye, he is an incompetent slacker whose shepherding skills could use some improvement.

Q: Why is it that so many people identifying themselves as Christians are unable to rely upon Christ's competence as a shepherd?

A: Because they are not his sheep.

John 10:26 . . You do not believe, because you are not among my sheep.

You see; in order to get into Jesus' sheepfold, it is absolutely essential to believe in him. It's the one prerequisite that can't be waived. I don't mean just to believe the things you hear about him and/or that you read about him, but to believe in him as a reliable person.

This is similar to what intelligent people do at election time. They cast their vote for the candidate that they most believe in. Not everyone votes like that of course. The dummies often vote for candidates merely on the basis of their gender and/or the color of their skin regardless of their trustworthiness and/or the quality of their executive abilities.

People unable to believe in Jesus' shepherding competence are of course not his sheep-- quite the contrary; they're slated for the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:10-15 where, along with the anti-OSAS zealots, they will be summarily terminated via a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.

John 3:18 . .Whoever believes in him will not be condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned,

/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity