Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:59 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times

Advertisements

Familiar spirits
Lev 19:31 'Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

About discernment, discernment takes time to filter out what is true and what are faults, the word say a carnal person is a spiritually immature Christian, or the mind of infant. Only to those of mature faith can he impart God's wisdom

But the Lord says in Isaiah 28:9"Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? the mind of infant.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little."
Why a little? I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? (1 Corinthians 3:2-3)

Hebrews 5:12-14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

when I ask the Lord to teach knowledge

Hebrews 5: 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
And how about others, those who know more?

Hebrews 5:14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

But answer your question about where, or who do we listen too! Job friends a dream, and also Job, let see what I can find?

In Job we read, 4:18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

Job 4:13-15 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,
Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.
Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
Eliphaz relates a vision, when we are communing with our own hearts, as Job friends saying Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly: these are falling angels.
Job said, (In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falling on men
Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake. (An angel of error.)

We read in Job 4:16-18 It stood still, But I could not discern its appearance. A form was before my eyes; There was silence; Then I heard a voice saying:
'Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker?
If He puts no trust in His servants, If He charges His angels with error.

Comparing with Job 13:15, Job friends spoke wrongly of the Lord angles of light, not knowing that angel of error came upon them in their dreams because of their sins, Comparing with Job 13:15 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falling on men. (These are whisper the come upon men that listen to their hearts instead of the Lord words.)

We read in Job 26:14 (NKJV) Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?" The Lord.

Comparing scripture with scripture

We read in Lev 19:31 'Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

1 John 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Corinthians 5:13 ( For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

We read in 2 Peter 2:11 (NKJV) whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

2 Peter 2:11 (BBE) Though the angels, who are greater in strength and power, do not make use of violent language against them before the Lord.

The Lord is clear in His words and as I quote my words, Remember what is said, is important, for that day, it will be remembered, for it's important to you, to hear what is said, or what you may read.

We read in 1 Timothy 5:21-24 (KJV) I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

1 Timothy 5:21 (NLT) I solemnly command you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus and the holy angels to obey these instructions without taking sides or showing favoritism to anyone.

Galatians 1:6-8 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Remember scripture in Comparing what rest of bible say.

Comparing scripture with scripture, this is where the gospel message is reveal

What Common to man

We read 1 Peter 1:3-5 (NKJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead, to an inheritance an incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Romans 5:5 (NKJV) Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

John 1:32-34. (NKJV) And John bore witness, saying, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.
I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'
And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God."

Romans 5:8-10 (NKJV) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to many………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦ ………

Jeremiah 10:23-24 (NKJV) O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
O LORD, correct me, but with justice; Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.

Romans 8:18 (NKJV) For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

1 Timothy 1:15 (NKJV) This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

But God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Deuteronomy 4:29 (NKJV) But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Numbers 14:17-18 (NKJV) And now, I pray, let the power of my LORD as You have spoken, saying, 'The LORD is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression;

Mark 13:31-32 (KJV) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
But of that day and that hour knows no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
many people will say many things, I quote if I give you a word or two, it's to confirm' what is true, but not my true’s, is the one that is true to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 10:24 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Familiar spirits
Lev 19:31 'Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

About discernment, discernment takes time to filter out what is true and what are faults, the word say a carnal person is a spiritually immature Christian, or the mind of infant. Only to those of mature faith can he impart God's wisdom

But the Lord says in Isaiah 28:9"Whom will he teach knowledge? And whom will he make to understand the message? Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breasts? the mind of infant.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, Line upon line, line upon line, Here a little, there a little."
Why a little? I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? (1 Corinthians 3:2-3)

Hebrews 5:12-14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

when I ask the Lord to teach knowledge

Hebrews 5: 13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe.
But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
And how about others, those who know more?

Hebrews 5:14 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

But answer your question about where, or who do we listen too! Job friends a dream, and also Job, let see what I can find?

In Job we read, 4:18 Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:

Job 4:13-15 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men,
Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake.
Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
Eliphaz relates a vision, when we are communing with our own hearts, as Job friends saying Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly: these are falling angels.
Job said, (In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falling on men
Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake. (An angel of error.)

We read in Job 4:16-18 It stood still, But I could not discern its appearance. A form was before my eyes; There was silence; Then I heard a voice saying:
'Can a mortal be more righteous than God? Can a man be more pure than his Maker?
If He puts no trust in His servants, If He charges His angels with error.

Comparing with Job 13:15, Job friends spoke wrongly of the Lord angles of light, not knowing that angel of error came upon them in their dreams because of their sins, Comparing with Job 13:15 In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falling on men. (These are whisper the come upon men that listen to their hearts instead of the Lord words.)

We read in Job 26:14 (NKJV) Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?" The Lord.

We read in Lev 19:31 'Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

1 John 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Corinthians 5:13 ( For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

We read in 2 Peter 2:11 (NKJV) whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.

2 Peter 2:11 (BBE) Though the angels, who are greater in strength and power, do not make use of violent language against them before the Lord.

The Lord is clear in His words and as I quote my words, Remember what is said, is important, for that day, it will be remembered, for it's important to you, to hear what is said, or what you may read.

We read in 1 Timothy 5:21-24 (KJV) I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.
Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.

1 Timothy 5:21 (NLT) I solemnly command you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus and the holy angels to obey these instructions without taking sides or showing favoritism to anyone.

Galatians 1:6-8 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

Remember scripture in Comparing what rest of bible say.

Comparing scripture with scripture, this is where the gospel message is reveal

What Common to man

We read 1 Peter 1:3-5 (NKJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead, to an inheritance an incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Romans 5:5 (NKJV) Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

John 1:32-34. (NKJV) And John bore witness, saying, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him.
I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'
And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God."

Romans 5:8-10 (NKJV) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV) No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to many……………………………………………………………………………………………

Jeremiah 10:23-24 (NKJV) O LORD, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.
O LORD, correct me, but with justice; Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.

Romans 8:18 (NKJV) For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

1 Timothy 1:15 (NKJV) This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

But God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Deuteronomy 4:29 (NKJV) But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Numbers 14:17-18 (NKJV) And now, I pray, let the power of my LORD as You have spoken, saying, 'The LORD is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression;

Mark 13:31-32 (KJV) Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
But of that day and that hour knows no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
many people will say many things, I quote if I give you a word or two, it's to confirm' what is true, but not my true’s, is the one that is true to me.

We all know what the ancient book says, what do you think?

How does this all apply to our lives here in the 21st century, some 5,000 years later?

Old 12-20-2016, 03:46 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
All believer who have been baptized in the Holy Spirit have power for their calling of Christ , and power to put the demons and fallen angels and power of darkness out of their space for the Holy spirit to be able to abide on them .................. Discernment of spirit like scripture on 1 Corinthians 12:10, and 1 John 4:1-6, as we test the spirits , then Holy Spirit who is the one who does all calling of Jesus Christ will discern the spirit for us , which is a bonus , as God wants us to be free

Old 12-20-2016, 03:56 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
If spirit mediums ( fortune tellers,etc. ) were truly gifted they would all be winning the lotteries.
I guess they don't win lotteries for the same reason faith healers do Not work in hospitals.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:23 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times
Post The Unseen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

How does this all apply to our lives here in the 21st century, some 5,000 years later?
Hello & greeting

Well my friends yes it seen to be a problem, you say what I think, I think to find a solution to prevent and protect, how? Does this all apply to our lives here in the 21st century that is very ancient, since to the dawn of time? Ancient time verses modern time.

Awareness is one, sin is the problem.

But that only Christ can only do, but in the meanwhile, these alien are real, for now it doesn’t matter their

power to be invisible, but everything has a limit, but is to understand the mind of men and women.

You need to reflect on many things in your life, as I do.

Remember sin was not from in the beginning man, but a vessel, where sin enter.

Lucifer is the problem which in, sin enter the world.

Anything that may make you sin belong to him.

This what I see? My body is my temple.

My home is my temple, in which my family lives.

What was the Israelites’ biggest problem?

It’s what you put in your temple, and if it’s not clean, what does comes in?

Remember sin is in your blood, while we wait for Christ what must I do?

Awareness, 360 degrees of what? What I put in my temple! And around my home and in my home.

Find your solution to prevent them for they are real as you and I

Anything that is flesh is not of the Lord, we are flesh but your temple is of the Lord.

Genesis 4:7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."

Who desire me and my family? They the unseen!

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
If spirit mediums ( fortune tellers,etc. ) were truly gifted they would all be winning the lotteries.
I guess they don't win lotteries for the same reason faith healers do Not work in hospitals.
I know lots of faith healers that work in Hospitals , have you ever met a christians nurse who prays?

just because healing happens in a hospital doesn't mean that God didn't do it or just because it appeared to be natural.... to just slightly wonderful . it can still be His healing not the doctors and or pill pushers .
I went to doctors and hospitals lots of times and was not healed by them but by God only.
so I find your general statement about at least christians who have faith for healing and where they would work to be wrong or false , but your overall statement about spirit mediums or phycics to be true.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:22 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I know lots of faith healers that work in Hospitals , have you ever met a christians nurse who prays?

just because healing happens in a hospital doesn't mean that God didn't do it or just because it appeared to be natural.... to just slightly wonderful . it can still be His healing not the doctors and or pill pushers .
I went to doctors and hospitals lots of times and was not healed by them but by God only.
so I find your general statement about at least christians who have faith for healing and where they would work to be wrong or false , but your overall statement about spirit mediums or phycics to be true.
What does that make an atheist doctor who "heals" a ruptured appendix? Is that doctor still considered a faith healer, as they used KNOWLEDGE and were willing to take the chance it worked?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:17 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,183,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

The question I'd have is, why do you believe more recent means better? Is your God so lame that he changes?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:43 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,170,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The question I'd have is, why do you believe more recent means better? Is your God so lame that he changes?
It would appear that your God is doing all the changing. Seems he is adapting to the modernization of society. At least modern medicine is closer to replacing and restoring limbs.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If it were a question of God changing you might have a point, but you can't seem to grasp the fact that the widely disparate Bible perceptions are not messages FROM God, but about peoples PERCEPTIONS of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity