Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yes, I agree. It is very unseemly to attack someone for their belief in God and Christ. It is an odd feeling to realize that a complete stranger is angry about my faith. This anger about my faith is not about me, it is about the angry person and their mental and spiritual condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 09:47 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Moderator cut: warning
Thread is seriously off topic.. This is the Christianity forum where everyone is allowed to post no matter what their religion is or isn't so long as they follow the TOS and the rules in the sticky posts.

This is not the place to argue the existance of God, Christ, or demand any evidence, scientific or historic as to what an individual Christian places his faith in.

Thread has been moderated and will remain opened as long as we discuss the op.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Unbelievers are always seeking after a sign. They want some tangible PROOF that God is with them because they do not trust God.
That's not it...

Old 12-31-2016, 04:47 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Unbelievers are always seeking after a sign. They want some tangible PROOF that God is with them because they do not trust God.
Wait what? Not everyone seeks RM. A person can make as sign out of anything if they want.

Old 12-31-2016, 09:54 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,784 times
So does anyone understand my concern from the OP?

If there are no scripture that teaches the practice of worshipping the Holy Ghost with the Father & the Son, but John 5:22-23 specifically states how the Father wants to be honored; by the Son only; should we heed His will?

Since the Holy Spirit is sent to testify of the Son through us in like testimony ( John 15:26-27 ) to glorify the Son ( John 16:14 ) should that not also include worship by which John 5:22-23 cites can only be done by honoring the Son?

What is the big deal?

For those that speak against another second supernatural phenomenon that comes with different signs of chaos and confusion besides tongues without interpretation; how can you speak against it when these things happen when focus is on the Holy Spirit, even when honoring Him in worship? You would have a hard time in convincing that it was not the Holy Spirit falling over them "again" when they were addressing the Holy Spirit in worship or prayer.

And you would wonder why God would permit this strong delusion to occur that you KNOW is not of Him.

Because they broaden the way in approaching God the Father in worship by another way than the Son. John 14:6

So is your church following a man made tradition based from the modified Nicene Creed of 381 A.D. that has no scriptural support for such a practice? Are not some hymns supporting this error?

Is that the reason why churches are encountering this second phenomenon because the church left the door wide open for seducing spirits to come in when the spotlight is on the Holy Spirit in worship with the Father & the Son to mislead many?

Is it not prudent to take Jesus at His words that the only way to honor the Father is by only honoring the Son in worship which is exactly what the indwelling Holy Spirit is leading believers to do because that is what the Holy Spirit is doing too?

Old 12-31-2016, 10:10 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Lol

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-01-2017 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: spelling error has been fixed

Old 01-01-2017, 07:19 AM

<snip>orphaned quote and response
If you read the Book of Revelations when God was addressing 5 of those 7 churches with reproofs, then you have seen a church reproof.

But I reckon it does not take much for wayward believers to keep on following the crowd where only a few are not.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-01-2017 at 07:41 AM..

Old 01-03-2017, 10:22 AM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
It seems to me, OP, that you are making something very complicated when it is not. If you believe that an earnest person seeking God can be opening him/herself up to Satanic "invasion", then it seems you are saying you don't believe that we can trust God. Why would we fear if we are sincerely seeking to worship God (whether you call Him the Father, the Son OR the Holy Spirit)?

A relationship with the living God, Creator of us all, is simple according to Jesus...we are to come as little children. Little children don't make things this complicated. And again, who are we to judge? If a person is seeking God, let him seek God without judging whether or not his experience is worthy or real...don't you think God can take care of that all by Himself? I just don't understand all this scripture-spouting, it feels like they are being used as a sort of weapon...

Again, just my opinion. Peace.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
It seems to me, OP, that you are making something very complicated when it is not. If you believe that an earnest person seeking God can be opening him/herself up to Satanic "invasion", then it seems you are saying you don't believe that we can trust God. Why would we fear if we are sincerely seeking to worship God (whether you call Him the Father, the Son OR the Holy Spirit)?

A relationship with the living God, Creator of us all, is simple according to Jesus...we are to come as little children. Little children don't make things this complicated. And again, who are we to judge? If a person is seeking God, let him seek God without judging whether or not his experience is worthy or real...don't you think God can take care of that all by Himself? I just don't understand all this scripture-spouting, it feels like they are being used as a sort of weapon...

Again, just my opinion. Peace.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, but do consider this:

The American Indians dance and chant for the Great Spirit to come; they took to alcohol because it reminded them of being in commune with the Great Spirit; hence falling down as if drunk.

I ask you; how can God call them away from the Great Spirit that brings about this supernatural effect? By making only one kind of invitation in coming to God the Father by & that is by way of the Son.

There are other spirits in the world & believers have been warned not to believe every spirit but test them. The litmus test is that the Holy Spirit is already within the believers by faith in Jesus Christ at their salvation and so if any saved believer experience any spirit coming over them bringing about whatever sensational sign in the flesh to take your eyes off of the Son in chasing after these seducing spirits to receive again and again and again.... then that is NOT the Holy Spirit from the second phenomenon and on.

This is why the indwelling Holy Spirit and Jesus's own words are still pointing saved believers to keep going to the Bridegroom in coming to God the Father by so as to avoid seducing spirits & doctrines of devils. The minute any one start looking for the Holy Spirit to come and fall on them again after a sign; they are falling away from the faith and denying that they had received Him when they were first saved.

Jesus warned about the broadening of the way where believers could point to "miracles" as coming by that iniquity where because they ignored His words, they are falling down in these events in Matthew 7:13-27 and so the solution here is to narrow the way back to the strait gate ( Luke 13:24-30 ) or risk being left behind at the pre trib rapture event.

So being left behind is a big deal.

Seems like we should take heed to His words and be led by the Spirit of God for what He has been sent to lead the believers to do since they were saved by Jesus Christ and that is to honor the Son in seeking His glory of which is why and how they are called His disciples; the disciples of Jesus Christ.

We are not supposed to be disciples of the Holy Spirit in seeking the glory of the Holy Spirit. That is not what the Holy Spirit would lead us to do in honoring the Son in seeking His glory.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:18 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
I see and understand your point. However, I choose not to be among any who would even innocently and well-meaningly attribute anything that is of God to Satan.

I think one of the most important features of the indwelling Holy Spirit is that it cautions us and helps us to discern ...

Blessings and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity