Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 AM

692 posts, read 375,389 times

Advertisements

If a Trinity exists and all three persons are God, then they must be co-equal in all things. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 07:46 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yup...There goes your trinity out the window...
I would advise leaning on Him to understand His words, but since you do not do that, you may not be able to see the truth in His words.

Course, I would rely on one Bible; the King James Bible.

Colossians 2:9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

So Who is the Head of the body?

1 Corinthians 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 4:15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 5:23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

That means Christ is God.

And yet there is the Person of God the Father. And yet Jesus testified that the Father has promised He will send the Holy Spirit after Jesus had left so that the Person of the Holy Spirit will serve as a Witness of the Son in seeking His glory. That makes 3 Persons in the One God.

Granted, other believers are not taking scripture as a whole in arriving at this truth, but most do, thanks to Jesus Christ.

I do not expect you to arrive at that same conclusion when you do not seek to understand but to poke holes casually without actually doing any research in the King James Bible yourself, but as it is, it takes His wisdom to read His words and unless He leads you to believe in Him, you may be coming up short in that wisdom in seeing the truth in His words.As it is,the OP contains verses that testify of the Triune Godand so just taking other verses that refers to One of the Three Persons of the One God does not negate the other verses that there are Two other Persons making up the One God, but even some believers do make that same mistake.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:52 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
This prophecy has God speaking that the Lord God and His Spirit sent Him; the Redeemer.

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.17 Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

This prophecy came true at the water baptism of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

For God to bear witness of the Son as God, there has to be two Witnesses.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

Now there are 3 Witnesses in heaven; and in spite of the deniers, 1 John 5:7 belongs in scripture because extrabiblical resources cited 1 John 5:7 as being originally in the Book of 1 John.

In 250 A.D. [SIZE=-1]Cyprian of Carthage, wrote, "And again, of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost it is written: "And the three are One" in his On The Lapsed, On the Novatians,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 350 A.D. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Priscillian referred to it [Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum, Academia Litterarum Vindobonensis, vol. xviii, p. 6.][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]AND [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Idacius Clarus referred to it [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 62, col. 359.][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]AND [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Athanasius referred to it in his De Incarnatione[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 398 A.D. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Aurelius Augustine used it to defend Trinitarianism in De Trinitate against the heresy of Sabellianism[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 415 A.D. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Council of Carthage appealed to 1 John 5:7 when debating the Arian belief (Arians didn't believe in the deity of Jesus Christ)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In 450-530 A.D. [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Several orthodox African writers quoted the verse when defending the doctrine of the Trinity against the gainsaying of the Vandals. These writers are: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] A) Vigilius Tapensis in "Three Witnesses in Heaven" [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] B) Victor Vitensis in his Historia persecutionis [Corpus Scriptorum Ecclesiasticorum Latinorum, Academia Litterarum Vindobonensis, vol. vii, p. 60.] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] C) Fulgentius in "The Three Heavenly Witnesses" [Patrilogiae Cursus Completus, Series Latina by Migne, vol. 65, col. 500.][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]BUT you do not need those sources to know it belongs there because if you read from 1 John 5:6-9, how can the witness of God be greater then the witness of men if 1 John 5:7 was not originally there?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Of course, wayward believers need to trust Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd to see the truth in His words that plainly testify to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost making up the Triune God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Since God will not share His glory with any other as God the Saviour, and yet Jesus Christ is called the Saviour, then Jesus is God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Since God the Father judges no man ( John 5:22-23 ) and yet God will judge... how? By how they honor the Son or not. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]John 5:[/SIZE]22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]So how can God judge any man by that standard unless there are 3 Witnesses within that One God?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Deuteronomy 17:6[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Deuteronomy 19:15[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]As God commanded men to do in the O.T., so will He do as the Triune God.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Same goes for any witness to be true in the N.T.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Matthew 18:16[/SIZE]But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

2 Corinthians 13:1This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

1 Timothy 5:19Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

So how God commands men to establish a testimony as well as to judge shows how God establish a word in creation as well as in the creation of man, and shows how the Triune God judges.

Every translation on earth that has Gods personal name removed( nearly 6800 spots in the Ot alone) is an altered translation--they cannot be trusted. Altered to mislead.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
If a Trinity exists and all three persons are God, then they must be co-equal in all things. Right?
Let the scripture lay out how the Three Persons in the One God relate to each other.

Since One Person is called the Father and the Other a Son, then there is an authority in that Triune God. The Son is submissive to the Father even though the Son is God too. Since His ascension, all power has been given to the Son ( Matthew 28:18 ) so that when the Son petitions the Father in interceding on our behalf ( 1 Timothy 2:5 & Hebrews 7:25 ), and giving the unspeakable intercessions of the indwelling Holy Spirit to the Father ( Romans 8:26-27 KJV ), when the Father says "Yes" to any petition, the Son answers the prayer ( John 14:13-14 ) so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

The Holy Spirit serves in the process of the Son answering the prayer, but the glory goes to the Son for answering the prayers so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers; John 16:13-15

As the Holy Spirit is a divine Witness that cannot speak on His own authority or of His own volition; but speaks what He hears; when Christ was on earth, the Holy Spirit served as the Spirit of the Father. Matthew 10:18-20

Now that Christ has ascended and all power has been given unto the Son; The Holy Spirit serves as the Spirit of Christ in speaking whatever He hears from Christ the Bridegroom as we respond to the Bridegroom as the bride of Christ, and not to the Spirit because it was the Bridegroom speaking to us thru the Spirit. So the indwelling Spirit is still leading believers to seek the face of the Bridegroom.

So the Father & the Holy Ghost is not the Mediator, but the Son is, but the Father's will shall be done and not the Son's will as the Father's will is to only honor the Son if any seek to honor the Father.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
The Son will divide the gifts of the Spirit severally as the Son wills, but again, in submissive to the Father's will as we are the Son's workmanship which is to His glory and by Him, to the glory of God the Father..

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:....11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

So believers should be clear about using the term co-equal as each is God of the Triune God, BUT there is an authority within that Triune God as the Son is submissive to the Father; hence Son to Father relationship; and the Holy Spirit as a Witness should serve as Whomsoever He is being the Spirit of; which presently at this time; is the Spirit of Christ; the Son of God Whom is serving the Father's will.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Every translation on earth that has Gods personal name removed( nearly 6800 spots in the Ot alone) is an altered translation--they cannot be trusted. Altered to mislead.
Only but one entity that I'm aware of doesn't consider the New World Translation "an altered translation -- cannot be trusted. Altered to mislead" for obvious reasons.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:51 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
I would advise leaning on Him to understand His words, but since you do not do that, you may not be able to see the truth in His words.

Here is how the Deity\Godhead (aka Trinity) is revealed - taught in the Bible.
God refers to himself in the singular tense
ONE GOD (SINGULAR)
Deuteronomy 4:35
"Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him." KJV

1 Kings 8:60
"That all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God, and that there is none else."
also found in:
Isaiah 44:8, Isaiah 45:5, 6, 14, 18
Isaiah 45:22
Isaiah 46:9
Joel 2:27

Mark 12:32
Yet the same God who speaks of himself in the singular, refers to himself in the plural

SINGULAR GOD, PLURAL REFERENCE TO HIMSELF
Isaiah 6:8 "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? "—
Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our own image"
Genesis 3:22 "The man has now become like one of us,knowing good and evil."
Genesis 11:7 in which God says, "Let us go down and confuse their language."
Since there is only one God, who is called God?
The Father is called God
Galatians 1:1, Revelations 1:6
The Son is called God
John 1:1: 20:28, Rom 9:5, 1 John 5:20
The Holy Spirit is called God
The Holy Spirit is not some force or extension of the Father because he is:
Acts 5:2-4 (lied to)
“Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit ... You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” ... Acts 5-2-4
Matthew 12:32, Mark 3:29 (blasphemed against)
.. anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." ... Matthew 12:32

" but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.” ... Mark 3:29
Mark 13:2, 11: (He speaks)
the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” ... Mark 13:2

"Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit." ... Mark 13:11
Acts 7:51 (He has been historically resisted)
You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit! ... Acts 7:51
Acts 20:23 (He warns)
I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. ... Acts 20:23
Then of course the obvious mention of the existence of the "Trinity"
Matthew 28:19

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of
  1. the Father
  2. and of the Son
  3. and of the Holy Spirit,
and the closet NT word used for our coined word "trinity" ..... deity

Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Old 01-05-2017, 06:52 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:

The above is what irritates most people...You can't see the truth, because you don't understand...I understand just fine...I understand truth just fine...

Quote:
Ah...The KJV only crowd...I've compared the COT to the TNK, Hebrew to the English...

Quote:

So Who is the Head of the body?

1 Corinthians 11:3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 4:15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 5:23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as[b] Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

That means Christ is God.
Then that means that he sacrificed nothing...

Quote:
And yet there is the Person of God the Father. And yet Jesus testified that the Father has promised He will send the Holy Spirit after Jesus had left so that the Person of the Holy Spirit will serve as a Witness of the Son in seeking His glory. That makes 3 Persons in the One God.
This is no different than the trinities in other religions...There is nothing unique...

Quote:
Granted, other believers are not taking scripture as a whole in arriving at this truth, but most do, thanks to Jesus Christ.

First, you have to take the Hebrew Scriptures and try to get the NT out of them...You can't...That is the point...I know you think of yourself as this great apologist, but you are in error in many things..

Quote:
I do not expect you to arrive at that same conclusion when you do not seek to understand but to poke holes casually without actually doing any research in the King James Bible yourself, but as it is, it takes His wisdom to read His words and unless He leads you to believe in Him, you may be coming up short in that wisdom in seeing the truth in His words. As it is, the OP contains verses that testify of the Triune God and so just taking other verses that refers to One of the Three Persons of the One God does not negate the other verses that there are Two other Persons making up the One God, but even some believers do make that same mistake.
You have a long way to go before you come to the truth...You're not there yet...You've been deceived...Everything that you just posted above, I've already studied in the Greek and Hebrew...You have it wrong and you are parroting what your preacher says and whatever books that fit your ideals state...

Old 01-05-2017, 07:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

SINGULAR GOD, PLURAL REFERENCE TO HIMSELF[/b][indent] Isaiah 6:8 "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? "—
[/font]

Yeshayahu- Isaiah - Chapter 6

8 And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here I am; send me."

Rashi's Commentary:

Whom shall I send: to admonish Israel? I sent Amos, and they called him, ‘Pesilus,’ because he was tongue tied, [’Pesilus’ being the Greek word for tongue-tied.] He prophesied two years before the earthquake, and the Israelites would say, The Holy One, blessed be He, left over the whole world and caused His Shechinah to rest on this tongue-tied one, as is stated in Pesikta.

G-d was talking to Isaiah when He asked, "who shall go for us?"...This "us" included Isaiah, not some other member of a trinity...IOW, He was saying, "Hey, Isaiah, who do you think we should send?"...

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 1

26 And God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness, and they shall rule over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heaven and over the animals and over all the earth and over all the creeping things that creep upon the earth."
Rashi's Commentary:

Let us make man: From here we learn the humility of the Holy One, blessed be He. Since man was created in the likeness of the angels, and they would envy him, He consulted them. And when He judges kings, He consults with His Heavenly household, for so we find regarding Ahab, that Micah said to him, (I Kings 22:19): “I saw the Lord seated on His throne, and all the host of heaven were standing by Him, on His right and on His left.” Now do “left” or “right” apply to Him ?! But rather, [the passage means that] these [angels] were standing on the right to defend, and these [angels] were standing on the left to prosecute. Likewise, (Dan. 4:14): “By the decree of the destructive angels is the matter, and by the word of the holy ones is the edict.” Here too, He took counsel with His heavenly household. He said to them, “Among the heavenly beings, there are some in My likeness. If there are none in My likeness among the earthly beings, there will be envy among the creatures of the Creation. ” - [from Tanchuma, Shemoth 18; Gen. Rabbah 8:11, 14:13]

Let us make man: Even though they [the angels] did not assist Him in His creation, and there is an opportunity for the heretics to rebel (to misconstrue the plural as a basis for their heresies), Scripture did not hesitate to teach proper conduct and the trait of humility, that a great person should consult with and receive permission from a smaller one. Had it been written: “I shall make man,” we would not have learned that He was speaking with His tribunal, but to Himself. And the refutation to the heretics is written alongside it [i. e., in the following verse:]“And God created (וַיִּבְרָא) ,” and it does not say,“and they created וַיִּבְרְאוּ.” - [from Gen. Rabbah 8:9]

in our image: in our form.

after our likeness: to understand and to discern.

and they shall rule over the fish: Heb. וְיִרְדּוּ This expression contains both the meaning of ruling and the meaning of subservience. If he merits, he rules over the beasts and over the cattle. If he does not merit, he becomes subservient to them, and the beast rules over him. — [from Gen. Rabbah 8:12]

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 3

22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."

Rashi's Commentary:

has become like one of us, having the ability: He is unique among the earthly beings, just as I am unique among the heavenly beings, and what is his uniqueness? To know good and evil, unlike the cattle and the beasts. — [from Targum Jonathan, Gen. Rabbah 21:5]

and now, lest he stretch forth his hand, etc.: And if he were to live forever, he would be likely to mislead people to follow him and to say that he too is a deity (Gen. Rabbah 9:5). There are also Aggadic midrashim, but they cannot be reconciled with the simple meaning.

Berei**** - Genesis - Chapter 11

7 Come, let us descend and confuse their language, so that one will not understand the language of his companion."

Rashi's Commentary:

Come, let us descend: He took counsel with His tribunal due to His extraordinary humility. — [from Sanh. 38b]

Come: Measure for measure. They said, “Come, let us build,” and He meted corresponding [punishment] out to them by countering with,“Come, let us descend.” - [from Tan. Buber, Noach 25]

and confuse: [The word וְנָבְלָה means] וּנְבַלְבֵּל, and let us confuse. The “nun” is used for the [prefix for the first person] plural, and the final “hey” is superfluous like the “hey” of נֵרְדָה, let us descend. — [from Targum Onkelos]

will not understand: This one requests a brick, and that one brings mortar; this [first] one stands and cracks his skull. — [from Gen. Rabbah 38:10]

Old 01-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Here is how the Deity\Godhead (aka Trinity) is revealed - taught in the Bible.
God refers to himself in the singular tense
ONE GOD (SINGULAR)
Deuteronomy 4:35
"Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him." KJV

1 Kings 8:60
"That all the people of the earth may know that the Lord is God, and that there is none else."
also found in:
Isaiah 44:8, Isaiah 45:5, 6, 14, 18
Isaiah 45:22
Isaiah 46:9
Joel 2:27

Mark 12:32
Yet the same God who speaks of himself in the singular, refers to himself in the plural

SINGULAR GOD, PLURAL REFERENCE TO HIMSELF
Isaiah 6:8 "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? "—
Since there is only one God, who is called God?
The Father is called God
Galatians 1:1, Revelations 1:6
The Son is called God
John 1:1: 20:28, Rom 9:5, 1 John 5:20
The Holy Spirit is called God
The Holy Spirit is not some force or extension of the Father because he is:
Acts 5:2-4 (lied to)
“Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit ... You have not lied just to human beings but to God.” ... Acts 5-2-4
Matthew 12:32, Mark 3:29 (blasphemed against)
.. anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." ... Matthew 12:32

" but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.” ... Mark 3:29
Mark 13:2, 11: (He speaks)
the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” ... Mark 13:2

"Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit." ... Mark 13:11
Acts 7:51 (He has been historically resisted)
You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit! ... Acts 7:51
Acts 20:23 (He warns)
I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. ... Acts 20:23
Then of course the obvious mention of the existence of the "Trinity"
Matthew 28:19

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of
  1. the Father
  2. and of the Son
  3. and of the Holy Spirit,
and the closet NT word used for our coined word "trinity" ..... deity

Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
Thank you for sharing; but like the Jews that have trouble seeing scripture testifying to the plurality in our One God, sinners still need the Father's help to reveal His Son to them to see the Truth so that the Son/Truth may set them free.

Prayers are needed for those that do not understand the Triune God.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The above is what irritates most people...You can't see the truth, because you don't understand...I understand just fine...I understand truth just fine...

Ah...The KJV only crowd...I've compared the COT to the TNK, Hebrew to the English...

Then that means that he sacrificed nothing...

This is no different than the trinities in other religions...There is nothing unique...

First, you have to take the Hebrew Scriptures and try to get the NT out of them...You can't...That is the point...I know you think of yourself as this great apologist, but you are in error in many things..

You have a long way to go before you come to the truth...You're not there yet...You've been deceived...Everything that you just posted above, I've already studied in the Greek and Hebrew...You have it wrong and you are parroting what your preacher says and whatever books that fit your ideals state...
I trust the Lord to impart wisdom and help me understand His words; whereas you are admitting that you do not.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Even believers are asked to pray for wisdom and to apply faith that they will receive an answer from Him.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Romans 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Since you are not a believer, it does make me wonder why you are posting in here at all since you claim to have made up your mind about Jesus Christ to not believe in Him?

If you are hurting inside because you want to believe in Him, but cannot believe, then ask the Father to reveal His Son to you. I and others shall pray for you too.

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity