Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:32 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
As a Christian, Do you Look Forward to Leaving This Present World?

I know we only have a short time in this world, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way.
Do any of you ever feel like you are "serving time" in a fallen world that you look forward to leaving?
I do. I get tired of grieving over all the violence and injustice that I know will never be worked out in
this world and so I begin to crave the end of this life. The only thing that makes me sad about that is
to think of my children and grandchildren being left behind and possibly grieving. I have fallen out of
touch with most people so I don't think anyone would notice my absence other than my kids and
grandkids. I'm not interested in modern culture, watching movies, reading novels and all the things
people do to fill their free time. I could not care less about sports and who wins or loses. I do not want
to acquire any more worldly goods - I'm sick of it all. And I have reached a point of no longer caring
about politics because the whole world system is corrupt. I'm tired of the corruption and I cannot change it.
<snip>

I hope in Jesus Christ to deliver me from the hands of my persecutors whether it be by way of the rapture or by way of death; whatever His will is.

Suicide is not an option when we are to trust our Good Shepherd to help us walk through this valley of death since He is in us and with us always so that we are never alone. It is more to His glory when we walk by faith in Him because He gets more thanksgivings from us in walking us through this valley of death each day as His mercy & goodness will follow us each day.

And so, yes....I feel the same way you do, but we can take comfort in some of the Psalms as some of their words we can relate to while we wait for Him to come for each of us however the Father wills.

Psalm 139:1O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. 2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2017 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: deleted the political comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 07:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote and response

Quote:
I hope in Jesus Christ to deliver me from the hands of my persecutors whether it be by way of the rapture or by way of death; whatever His will is.
Who's persecuting you?...

Quote:
Suicide is not an option when we are to trust our Good Shepherd to help us walk through this valley of death since He is in us and with us always so that we are never alone. It is more to His glory when we walk by faith in Him because He gets more thanksgivings from us in walking us through this valley of death each day as His mercy & goodness will follow us each day.
Why not?...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2017 at 03:45 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 08:14 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:

I know we only have a short time in this world, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way.
Do any of you ever feel like you are "serving time" in a fallen world that you look forward to leaving?
I do. I get tired of grieving over all the violence and injustice that I know will never be worked out in
this world and so I begin to crave the end of this life. The only thing that makes me sad about that is
to think of my children and grandchildren being left behind and possibly grieving. I have fallen out of
touch with most people so I don't think anyone would notice my absence other than my kids and
grandkids. I'm not interested in modern culture, watching movies, reading novels and all the things
people do to fill their free time. I could not care less about sports and who wins or loses. I do not want
to acquire any more worldly goods - I'm sick of it all. And I have reached a point of no longer caring
about politics because the whole world system is corrupt. I'm tired of the corruption and I cannot change it.
May you live in interesting times---

You have a bunch of people that love you and your laughter, your smile, your quirky ways. Build on that.

You are running on empty. Time to refresh. Try something out of your comfort zone. I suggest dance lessons.
Sing out loud. Fly a kite. Get a dog. Feed the birds.

Climbing out of a big rut takes one handhold at a time. Feel better.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:30 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
[ Getting outside of ourselves and lifting someone else up, and being helpful and loving to otters is a wonderful thing, and it's what we're supposed to be doing.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2017 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: deleted orphaned quote and your response

Old 01-02-2017, 08:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I think it would definitely make him feel better helping others out...
Of course it would. I have done voluntary work amongst those that are suffering in many parts of the world. Some of the things I have seen would make your hair stand on end and there he sits, in the lap of luxury (compared to what a huge part of the world has) and whines that the world isn't just the way he would like it to be and boo-hoo, I'm not interested in modern culture, watching movies, reading novels and all the things....rather than thanking his lucky stars that he isn't in the same boat as those suffering.

There are people near him that don't know where their next meal is coming from never mind being tired of 'watching movies, reading novels and all the things'. He lives in the same world that the rest of us have to live in. The rest of us get on with it. Better for him to thank his 'god' for the house, tv, luxury goods, cars, holidays and food he has at his finger tips - and when he has done that, he should get off his backside and go out and help people with nothing....absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I didn't get her sadness was for herself but for the bad things happening around her. Sometimes it gets overwhelming to think of all the suffering, feel powerless to help in any meaningful way, and then go back to enjoying life yourself.
I know. It happened to me when I was watching a documentary about refugees during the Serbian - Croatian war. I didn't say boohoo is horrible I want to die. I got off my arse and did something about it in my own small way.

The world sucks. There is no doubt about that but the answer isn't to lie down and sob 'I want to die!' The answer is to say...'I'm going to make a difference...if only to a few people that are not as fortunate as I am.' Go out and make a difference not to the huge part that you can't change but to the small part that you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Who's persecuting you?..
We evil atheists probably!!

Last edited by Rafius; 01-02-2017 at 09:28 AM..

Old 01-02-2017, 08:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Getting outside of ourselves and lifting someone else up, and being helpful and loving to otters is a wonderful thing, and it's what we're supposed to be doing.
Why would you want to help otters. They bite!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-02-2017 at 04:13 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Why would you want to help otters. They bite!
LMAO!...I didn't notice that...That's funny...Otters are so cute though...

Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,612,989 times
I very much look forward to it knowing what's there but I'm not desperate to go anytime soon. I'm very happy here and I've asked to be here for a long time.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Because committing suicide is like believing that Jesus will not help you through this valley of death today or tomorrow.
But the bible says that Jesus died for ALL your sins, past, present and future...Soooo...

Old 01-02-2017, 02:08 PM

1,100 posts, read 795,784 times
Quote:

people do to fill their free time.
I could not care less about sports and who wins or loses. I do not want
Just pointing out a portion that I do watch movies and TV and DVDs to fill in my time while waiting for Him. I know that nothing is good; even christian movies has to be discerned more than secular ones because believers tend to let their guard down on what the message is in christian movies when it is going against His words like making promises that only God can keep; whereas His words as well as Him keeps me from accepting any message the world wants me to accept.

I can do nothing else, as I am limited, because of my enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity