Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:29 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,438 times

Advertisements

Pray for our elected leaders <snip>

The one thing that christians should know is that Satan cannot do anything without God's permission as the Book of Job should testify to that;
For believers in Jesus Christ, we should pray for God's hand on the elected officials<snip>

So pray for our elected officials today, and don't forget to pray for your leaders in churches too.

1 Timothy 2:1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

So let us do good and pray for our elected officials that God's love shall be in their hearts and for God to direct them to do good Please pray now in Jesus's name.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-04-2017 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: deleted the references to our recent elections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:33 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,927,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Pray for our elected leaders, even if you did not vote for him or her.

The one thing that christians should know is that Satan cannot do anything without God's permission as the Book of Job should testify to that; and so.. the same can be said for our elected leaders.

For believers in Jesus Christ, we should pray for God's hand on the elected officials regardless of who it is. Even if you think their hearts' intents is to do evil, God can restrain or delay or turn them away from that.

So pray for our elected officials today, and don't forget to pray for your leaders in churches too.

1 Timothy 2:1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

So let us do good and pray for our elected officials that God's love shall be in their hearts and for God to direct them to do good regardless of their lack of love for one another. Please pray now in Jesus's name.
Beautiful reminder! Thank you, will be praying.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Moderator cut: warning

Please do not turn this into the Presidential election off topic debate.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-04-2017 at 09:22 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 06:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
I've prayed for our elected officials for as long as I can remember. I pray they'll make good decisions....and that we'll be protected when they don't.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:46 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Yes Jesus Christ is the Lord of all nations , and our prayers of blessing will be needed and then we will be judged by God by our prayers by what we do and what we do not do .................Prayers which are curses will not be heard by God , where as prayers which are blessing and in the will of God can be answered........

Old 01-05-2017, 07:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Best we pray for our neighbors and our communities.

I would think that praying for elected leaders would be akin to praying for the salvation of satan ? How does one "pray" for others who are so blatantly anti-humanity and out to line their own pockets at the expense of the marginalized.

Rather than pray our elected leaders do right, why not elect those we have a higher confidence level they will do right as soon as they enter office?

My other thought is, are we praying because we FEAR they will do wrong and not good?

Old 01-05-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Best we pray for our neighbors and our communities.
1 Timothy 2:11 has prayers for all men.

Quote:
I would think that praying for elected leaders would be akin to praying for the salvation of satan ?
Satan cannot be redeemed as he is destined for the lake of fire along with his fallen angels.

Matthew 25:41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Did you remember that Jesus prayed for those that were insulting Him after they had crucified Him for the Father to forgive them for they know not what they do?

Luke 23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

Yes the religious leaders plotted His death. The people were easily incited to riot in favor of them.

Jesus Christ came to save sinners & it is because of His sovereignty, He can answer prayers for good to come about regardless of any seemingly hopeless circumstances. That is called a miracle.

Quote:
How does one "pray" for others who are so blatantly anti-humanity and out to line their own pockets at the expense of the marginalized.
John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Timothy 2:1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Again, prayers are to be made for all men. Believers pray for loved ones that are sinners all the time. We even pray for our loved ones that are saved but are not following Jesus Christ at the moment.

Quote:
Rather than pray our elected leaders do right, why not elect those we have a higher confidence level they will do right as soon as they enter office?
Any future newly elect can change their minds like any man or woman could do in decision making.

Quote:
My other thought is, are we praying because we FEAR they will do wrong and not good?
Last time I check, every man and woman is a sinner and can do things they would have thought they would never do. They are human after all.

Better to pray and hope for an answer, then not to pray and have no answered prayers to give thanks to the Father for in Jesus's name.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:15 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

Satan cannot be redeemed as he is destined for the lake of fire along with his fallen angels.

Matthew 25:41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Did you remember that Jesus prayed for those that were insulting Him after they had crucified Him for the Father to forgive them for they know not what they do?

Luke 23:33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.35 And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

Yes the religious leaders plotted His death. The people were easily incited to riot in favor of them.

Jesus Christ came to save sinners & it is because of His sovereignty, He can answer prayers for good to come about regardless of any seemingly hopeless circumstances. That is called a miracle.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

1 Timothy 2:1I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Again, prayers are to be made for all men. Believers pray for loved ones that are sinners all the time. We even pray for our loved ones that are saved but are not following Jesus Christ at the moment.

Any future newly elect can change their minds like any man or woman could do in decision making.

Last time I check, every man and woman is a sinner and can do things they would have thought they would never do. They are human after all.

Better to pray and hope for an answer, then not to pray and have no answered prayers to give thanks to the Father for in Jesus's name.

Exactly my point about praying for elected officials--THEY ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION just as their father satan is...THANKS!!

Strange, I get the feeling that though I pray the same prayer as an evangelical, I am wiling to bet our answers are completely and absolutely DIFFERENT.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Exactly my point about praying for elected officials--THEY ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION just as their father satan is...THANKS!!

Strange, I get the feeling that though I pray the same prayer as an evangelical, I am wiling to bet our answers are completely and absolutely DIFFERENT.
Since you are reading my post differently, I would not doubt it.

You cannot say they are beyond redemption just because they are sinners. You were one, remember? So was I.

Reread the scriptures one more time because you are missing the point for prayer.

If you are not beyond redemption, then neither are they. So pray for them now.

Pray that God will have the elected leaders from both sides of the aisle do right by the taxpayers in providing good healthcare coverage for Americans.

That is just one example to pray to God for in seeking the good of our fellow countrymen & our neighbors, but I pray that God will do the same for all issues that God would have the elected leaders to do.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:09 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:

Amen.

As our Lord said, " pray for those who despisefully use you".

many blessings.
Let us all pray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity