Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 04:45 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It only separates if you have a wrong conception of God.... you know the sinners in the hands of an angry God one.... hiding up in the sky, losing his head at the sight of sin.

If he never left us, tell me how he is separated from us while still with us?. This is another reason why I had to let go of bible Christianity because nothing makes sense when looking at it with a sound mind.
Wrong. Read Jesus' words in John 3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 04:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Jesus' words?...Funny...May haps be that all that letter writing is the product of a few folks imagination with the agenda to replace Judaism and wipe out the Jews once and for all (and they really didn't know the Hebrew Scriptures very well, hence all the contradictions)...

Old 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How can that be when G-d says that no man may die for another man's sin?...
Yes, I wrestled with this for years. After hearing, " What do you think of my Son:

Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Yes, I wrestled with this for years. After hearing, " What do you think of my Son:
G-d lied?...

Old 01-09-2017, 05:14 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
he died as a lamb .. in the same way lambs "forgive sin" . so you saying lambs were worthless in Judaism and temple worship did not work to postpone sins punishment ?
Lambs did specific things and His blood does what lambs blood does only . but one lamb for all.
Until christians understand what lambs and bulls blood does and doesn't do. this is a silly discussion! and I don't expect anyone else like atheists to ever understand it really.
and seeing is my strong suit . explaining stuff not so much. so have fun guys. I suggest everyone ask him because he can explain it to your mind .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-09-2017 at 05:22 PM..

Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Wrong. Read Jesus' words in John 3.
I know John 3 very well, it confirms nothing you are suggesting here.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I know John 3 very well, it confirms nothing you are suggesting here.
In John 3, Jesus said we are under condemnation, unless we believe in the Son.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
In John 3, Jesus said we are under condemnation, unless we believe in the Son.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
He was right..... you are wrong to say it's condemnation of God.

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
He was right..... you are wrong to say it's condemnation of God.

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Elsewhere is in that chapter, Jesus uses the word "perish". At the end of the chapter, it says this:

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Elsewhere is in that chapter, Jesus uses the word "perish". At the end of the chapter, it says this:

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
We have gone over all this before. Answer me this, before you believed, how did the wrath of God feel on you or were you oblivious to it ?. If you felt it any time it was because you're own heart was condemning you not God.

In respect to perish, if we are not abiding in being spiritually minded then we are perishing. Saying you believe in Jesus and the bible, believing what you thin is correct doctrines and quoting bible verses at the drop of a hat is not being spiritually minded.

I would also like to point out to you that in John 3 the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus was not about things found in the bible..... Jesus said some very strange things to Nicodemus, and Jesus attempted to get Nicodemus to understand heavenly things(not bible things) by showing him earthly things, and even then Nicodemus did not get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity