Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:33 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It sounds as if you think that Cain's murder was somehow honoring, along with all the others. I thought that you were more of an evangelical.

Personally I don't think any blood sacrifice was ever a good thing.
If it was not a good thing, God would not have required it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 06:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
If it was not a good thing, God would not have required it.
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast YOU HAVE NOT REQUIRED . It's in your bible.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:44 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you can deal with HIm your way and prepare your way !
and I will prepare for who I know he is and who he has presented himself to me as .
How did he present himself to you ? .

I personally see God through the face of Jesus Christ and I'm doing perfectly with that thanks.

If you've seen me you've seen the Father.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God NEVER demanded a blood sacrifice from ANYONE, EVER. Our primitive, ignorant, superstitious, and fearful ancestors thought God needed to be appeased. They instituted the Moderator cut: Orphaned practice of killing innocent animals to appease God.
Let's see...how many different ways can we say it, Mystic?
Of course maybe we could use the word 'savage' ancestors...
I try to compare these made up fantasy rituals to throwing virgins into the volcanoes.

"Ooo, Sky God mad...earth shaking...thunder in sky...kill this baby goat to make Him stop."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
Have you ever thought God deals with you where you are?
If you are so far alienated from God in your minds that you believe blood sacrifices offered up to this God to appease him is what he requires, then I believe God has no choice but to meet you there.
Now, this is wisdom that was given to you..and me.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-09-2017 at 11:47 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast YOU HAVE NOT REQUIRED . It's in your bible.
I was going to bring that scripture up -- but I've been trying to stay out of this bloody thread.

Let me just say, God is not the blood thirsty one. Blood is a deep topic. I have noticed God seems to dislike the spilling of innocent blood. Yet we are all appointed to die, as was Jesus. There is a reason for that. I cannot get into the whole thing this morning. I've been up all night working. Time for me to get some rest.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

and I take it that you have done all that david was speaking of also right ?

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Psa 40:8
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psa 40:9
I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
Psa 40:10
I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
Psa 40:11
Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
Psa 40:12
For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
Psa 40:13
Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
Psa 40:14
Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame that wish me evil.
Psa 40:15
Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.
Psa 40:16
Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.
Psa 40:17
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

and you of course have killed your giants and protected his nation ? right?

in case you try and use this one..
https://www.gotquestions.org/mercy-not-sacrifice.html

so you would and can ignore 90 % of the bible if you want , in the mean time I don't think you are KING David and are the Apple of God's eye. I would be more worried if I were you, just saying . I am more worried than you and I know he knows my name.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-09-2017 at 08:23 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 09:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I was going to bring that scripture up -- but I've been trying to stay out of this bloody thread.

Let me just say, God is not the blood thirsty one. Blood is a deep topic. I have noticed God seems to dislike the spilling of innocent blood. Yet we are all appointed to die, as was Jesus. There is a reason for that. I cannot get into the whole thing this morning. I've been up all night working. Time for me to get some rest.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:37 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Have you ever thought God deals with you where you are? If you are so far alienated from God in your minds that you believe blood sacrifices offered up to this God to appease him is what he requires, then I believe God has no choice but to meet you there.

You cannot deny the fact that God who is Spirit((not some wrathful being up in the sky, ever ready to blow a fuse at the sight of sin) is saying.... Look!!!! I played your sin offering game of blood sacrifices, but I never ever desired them nor required them, you just thought I did because you had no idea to who I really am....... now here is my son..... he is the exact representation of me...... hear him and learn of him..... he will show you the way to me. I was forever calling you back to myself, but you were deaf to my callings and blinded by your own misconceptions of me, and could not see a way to me other than the shedding of blood. Do you not understand that when you are walking in forgiveness you are shedding blood?, because you are laying down your life when you forgive from the heart.

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
What a great post!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:12 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
As a matter of Fact .
maybe it would have been Best for David to continue to believe in blood and sin and death before he murdered a man and maybe raped a married woman and then caused the death of his innocent child. ( maybe that statement you gave is really only about God saying he needs our obedience and for us to not sin to need a sacrifice )
maybe remembering our sinful state and what sin costs us and others around us isn't a bad thing to remember even memorialize ! so we never forget it .
Sacrifice and Offerings will come back in the millennium ( see Ezekiel's temple 38+) because the Father will most likely be in the temple because he wants to have dinner twice a years with his family and that is the only way that can happen in the 1000 years because sin exists for that time .
so get used to it or don't go there and don't get rain.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 01-09-2017 at 10:37 AM..

Old 01-09-2017, 10:44 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Wait. You believe God is going to withhold literal precipitation if people don't kill animals and offer them as sacrifices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity