U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 AM

425 posts, read 217,447 times

Advertisements

-
COMMON ATTITUDE: I'm special; God understands me and He knows I'm only human. Although God probably may not let others off; I'm sure He will make an exception for me because I'm not like other people; I'm different.

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, the Bible's God can't do that. If He were to make exceptions, God would be neither equitable, nor honest-- and worse, it would go against His grain, compromise His integrity, sin against His conscience; and cause Him to lose the world's respect. No, God doesn't grade on a curve: everyone is treated equally. In a system of divine absolutes; there is neither a curve nor an exception: nobody gets any favors, and nobody is special.

Deut 10:17 . . Yhvh shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.

Acts 10:34 . .Then Peter began to speak: I now realize how true it is that God is impartial.

Rom 2:5-11 . . For there is coming a day of judgment when God, the just judge of all the world, will judge all people according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who persist in doing what is good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers.

. . . But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth; and practice evil deeds. There will be anguish and calamity for everyone who practices evil-- for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all practice good --for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 09:41 AM

9,872 posts, read 3,176,750 times
What is your attitude? Are you going to hell? Why or why not?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:44 AM

952 posts, read 1,008,929 times
No one.

Hell isn't someplace you go;

It's a self created burden that you decide to carry on your shoulders.

Same goes for heaven.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:47 AM

17,115 posts, read 9,208,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
COMMON ATTITUDE: I'm special; God understands me and He knows I'm only human. Although God probably may not let others off; I'm sure He will make an exception for me because I'm not like other people; I'm different. /
The COMMON ATTITUDE of Christians who believe God has condemned people to eternal torment is:

I'm special; I believe the "right" things so God will make an exception for me because I'm not like other people; I'm different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
No one.

Hell isn't someplace you go;

It's a self created burden that you decide to carry on your shoulders.

Same goes for heaven.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:00 AM

1,788 posts, read 965,517 times
LUKE 13:23-24 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Hell is real folks and so is Heaven.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:22 AM

34,712 posts, read 23,131,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
LUKE 13:23-24 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Hell is real folks and so is Heaven.
Absolutely nothing to do with being saved from eternal hell, you just think it is even though eternal hell is not mentioned in the verse.. To even believe you are saved from hell means you have faith in a false gospel. Provide a verse of scripture that says we are saved from eternal hell. I have got all day, so take your time.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:56 AM

425 posts, read 217,447 times
Post Re: Who's Not In Hell?

-
It's easy to assume that only really bad people are in hell. But according to Matt 7:23-27, John 3:3-8, John 3:14-20, John 3:36, and Rev 20:11-15, anybody can be there; both the good, the bad, and the not so bad-- bikers, bakers, lawyers, welders, actors and actresses, housewives, bankers, heavy equipment operators, loggers, convicts, celebrities, homeless bums, clergy, prostitutes, drug lords, postmen, Presidents, Kings,

. . . statesmen, astronauts, school teachers, scientists, nurses, doctors, chemists, machinists, carpenters, waiters, hotel managers, cops, judges, nuns, priests, Popes, deacons, salesmen, Miss Americas, news anchors, weathermen, and birdwatchers, et al --people from every walk, every career, every ideology, every culture, every language, every ethnic, every craft, and every status: they're all down there.

Because when you strip away their their race, their gender, their titles, their distinctions, their privileges, and their entitlements; and stand them before God naked; people are only flesh and blood creatures-- just human beings; and human beings are intrinsically sinful.

Gen 8:21 . . Man's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood.

Ps 58:3 . . Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies.

I once heard of a pastor questioned by a young man in church what he would have to do to go to hell. The pastor shocked the youth by answering; "Nothing. All you have to do is bide your time and you'll go there because hell isn't optional. No, hell is the default."

Eph 2:3 . .We were by nature objects of wrath.

/

Last edited by NyawehNyoh; 01-29-2017 at 11:06 AM..

Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 AM

12,920 posts, read 14,375,207 times
Those who believe in the place already live there in their minds.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:06 AM

1,788 posts, read 965,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Absolutely nothing to do with being saved from eternal hell, you just think it is even though eternal hell is not mentioned in the verse.. To even believe you are saved from hell means you have faith in a false gospel. Provide a verse of scripture that says we are saved from eternal hell. I have got all day, so take your time.
“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” PSALM 19:17

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell"? MATTHEW 23:33

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." MATTHEW 7:13-14

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched". MARK 9 43:44

"...fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. MATTHEW 10:28

"many" will believe you "pcamps", but "few" will ~ follow Jesus.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:17 AM

30,096 posts, read 15,824,334 times
Dead people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity