Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 01:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,264,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God's holiness means most will perish, according to Jesus, because they have not believed in His name. See John 3 and Matt. 7.
This has got to simply be the BIGGEST PIECE OF BLASPHEME IN THE WORLD...

To "believe" god would create BILLIONS of people and that the majority will perish is like FRACKING WITHOUT LUBRICATION...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 01:34 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,988,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
The priest at Mass yesterday alluded to the countless number of people who faithfully adhere to non-Christian religions. He referenced the annual Hajj as one example and the explosive increase in the number of people who embrace Islam.
He seemed to interpret Luke 18:8 as Christ doubting whether Christianity will survive. This came as a shock from a priest.
Your thoughts, please.
My thoughts are in connection to the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
So, the answer to the question at Luke 18:8 as to 'will Jesus find faith on Earth', the answer is "yes" because the humble 'sheep'-like people are counted as righteous ones - Matthew 25:37.

The words from Jesus' mouth will rid the Earth of wicked ones - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16. Psalm 92:7.
So, those who are on the narrow path will survive - Matthew 7:13, but the many will Not mentioned at Matthew 7:21-23.
Those of Matthew 25:37 will survive ( be rescued/delivered ) through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 into Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth begins. So, genuine Christianity will survive.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
This has got to simply be the BIGGEST PIECE OF BLASPHEME IN THE WORLD...
To "believe" god would create BILLIONS of people and that the majority will perish is like FRACKING WITHOUT LUBRICATION...
Out of earth's population in Noah's day how many survived ?
Our day is likened to Noah's day - Matthew 24:37, because of the violence filling Earth - Genesis 6:11
Remember: Jesus forewarned MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23
Jesus' executional words are directed toward the wicked to be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16
The figurative 'sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37 will be the foundation of a new world of righteousness on Earth under Christ.
The majority of mankind who have died before Armageddon can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection.
That is why Matthew 20:28 says that Jesus' ransom covers MANY.

Those who perish (destroyed) at Armageddon are the ones who willfully do Not and will Not repent - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 02-26-2017, 02:18 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,944,143 times
Quote:
God's holiness means most will perish, according to Jesus, because they have not believed in His name. See John 3 and Matt. 7.
So, you are saying that God's holiness requires Him to destroy the majority of the People He loves? Probably better than eternal torment, so I will give you THAT much, but how is it compatible with love? I see you saying that God's character is self-contradictory.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So, you are saying that God's holiness requires Him to destroy the majority of the People He loves? Probably better than eternal torment, so I will give you THAT much, but how is it compatible with love? I see you saying that God's character is self-contradictory.
Only the wicked will be destroyed forever - Psalm 92:7
The executional words from Jesus' mouth will only destroy the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11,14-16
We are all forewarned to ' repent ' if we do Not wish to ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9
Jesus also forewarned MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false - Matthew 7:21-23
Compatible with love as it was compatible with love in Noah's day.- Matthew 24:37
If the wicked would be allowed to thrive they would eventually destroy all righteous ones on Earth.
God will Not let that happen to the figurative 'sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37
Only the wicked will come to a final end - Proverbs 2:21-22

Old 02-26-2017, 02:43 PM

"Compatible with love as it was compatible with love in Noah's day.- Matthew 24:37" So destroying the soul is comparable to destroying the body?

I think the Genesis compilers didn't have a good picture of the nature of God and it really didn't gain fruition until Jesus in spite of the advances seen in Jeremiah and Micah.

"God will Not let that happen to the figurative 'sheep' of Matthew 25:31-33,37
Only the wicked will come to a final end - Proverbs 2:21-22"

Are those "wicked" the same kind as the ones God loved before they "were saved?"
I think you are saying that God's love is ineffectual.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:31 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
I rest my case. You do NOT mean all the characteristics Jesus taught about the Father. You wanted examples-you got 'em!

Old 02-26-2017, 05:08 PM

1,100 posts, read 797,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
The priest at Mass yesterday alluded to the countless number of people who faithfully adhere to non-Christian religions. He referenced the annual Hajj as one example and the explosive increase in the number of people who embrace Islam.

He seemed to interpret Luke 18:8 as Christ doubting whether Christianity will survive. This came as a shock from a priest.

Your thoughts, please.
Everything in context;

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

First off; Christ just said prior that God will avenge the elect; hence the christians abiding in Him. For a Catholic priest to overlook that verse, makes one wonder if he is abiding in Him as His disciple.

Second off;Jesus emphasized faith in Him that counts and that in the latter days before He comes, faith in Him will be hard to find. Hence, other religions are not going to apply faith in Him, and so indicating why there are the mass numbers in other religions as proof that the latter days are upon us when He comes.

Third off; the verse testifying against other religions because they require confidence or faith in themselves and in their works and in their will power as to why they are righteous and despise others.

There can be no ecumenicalism with these religions nor can any religion truly be in fellowship with another religion as each claim theirs is the right way by their good works.

That is why catholicism has been seen as just another religion when the emphasis is on the Catholic to do the works of catholicism; and yet none of the letters to the churches in the N.T. supports such a lengthy system of works as found in the Catholic catechism.

That is why christianity; real christianity is about faith and confidence and hope and trust in Jesus Christ that not only are the Catholics saved simply by believing in Him, but they are to trust Him as their Good Shepherd to help them walk away from the works of catholicism and rest in Him to help them to follow Him in representing Him as His disciple rather than as a disciple of the Catholic Church.

That goes for Protestant churches that look to keeping their commitments to follow Him and those that even went on from there in joining the Promise Keepers' program, thus making more christian churches look like another religion than those that are just following Him by faith as their Good Shepherd to help them to live as His.

Religion is what man can do.

Christianity is about what Jesus Christ can do as He is the Good News to man. So yes... faith is hard to find in these latter days as some have different degrees of faith and then some religious works that deny Him, thus voiding faith in Him as being able when believers or churches resort to their own power to live as His and even some do works to obtain salvation by, thus denying Him as their Savior.

Catholics as well as Protestants are saved when they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ & that God raised Him from the dead, but until their words and their practices in churches lines up with that faith in Him, they will be seen as just another religion in the world where the hope is on them for their works rather than resting in Him as their Saviour as saved as well as resting in their Good Shepherd for following Him.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I rest my case. You do NOT mean all the characteristics Jesus taught about the Father. You wanted examples-you got 'em!
And I see that the ONLY "justification" you can prov ide for the obvious contradiction is "the Bible says so." You will NOT examine that contradiction.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:59 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
And I see that the ONLY "justification" you can prov ide for the obvious contradiction is "the Bible says so." You will NOT examine that contradiction.
So, you DO reject some of Jesus' words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity