Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:07 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,987,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The great Tribulation of which the Bible speaks is a specific seven year period which is still future and has nothing to do with general tribulation and trials which occur in life. No church-age believer will go through that specific seven year Tribulation period in which God judges Israel and the unbelieving Gentile world. The church will have been raptured prior to the Tribulation.

But if you choose to remain ignorant about the matter and not bother to study the issue, then suit yourself.
Where in the bible does it say church age believer will not go through the seven year tribulation? Where does it state the church will be raptured prior to tribulation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 02:51 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,875,129 times
I believe that it was religious orthodoxy which was responsible for the aggression in both tribulations.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Where in the bible does it say church age believer will not go through the seven year tribulation? Where does it state the church will be raptured prior to tribulation?
If you have eyes to see:

Revelation 3
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you have eyes to see:

Revelation 3
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
How does this "hour of temptation" become the 1000 year WAR against the imaginary satan?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:22 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Tribulation will be seven years in length. And yes, I can back that up from the Scriptures. Hopefully the moderators won't consider this off topic and delete this post. It is related to the topic in that Armageddon takes place at the end of this seven year period.

The Tribulation is the seventieth year of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27). Each week of the seventy weeks is a year in length. That is a period of 490 years. The first 69 weeks or 483 years of the prophecy have already been completed.

The seventy weeks began with the degree by Artaxerxes Longimanus issued in 444 B.C. (Nehemiah 2:1-8) to rebuild Jerusalem's city walls. This is the decree referred to in Daniel 9:25. Artaxerxes's decree began the seventy weeks prophecy of Daniel.

The first 69 weeks (of years) of the prophecy ended with Jesus' triumphal ride into Jerusalem on a donkey. Notice that the prophecy in Daniel 9:25 makes a distinction between the first seven weeks of the prophecy and the following 62 weeks of the prophecy for a total of 69 weeks (of years). That is why the prophecy states that the Messiah will be cut off after the 62 weeks (Dan. 9:26). The 62 weeks follow the first 7 weeks. So actually the first 69 weeks of years of the prophecy completed just before Jesus was crucified. We know that the 'weeks' refers to years because no other period of time fits. The prophecy began in 444 B.C and the 69 weeks of years completed just before Jesus was crucified. Since the first 69 weeks of years were literal years, it follows that the last week of the prophecy will be a literal period of seven years.

Now in Daniel 9:27 the prophecy states that the prince who is to come will make a firm covenant with the people for one week. That is the seventieth week of years which is seven years. It is further stated that he (the prince who is to come) will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate. Jesus prophecies about this abomination of desolation in Matthew 24:15 when He warns that when those in Judea see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet they are to flee to the mountains.

Now the abomination of desolation occurs 3 1/2 years after the tribulation begins. It occurs in the middle of the week as stated in Daniel 9:27.

So that covers the first 3 1/2 years of the seven years. Now in Revelation 12:6 the woman (those Jews who heed Jesus' warning in Matthew 24:15) flees into the wilderness to a place prepared by the Lord where she will be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days which is 3 1/2 years.

The Tribulation begins with the prince who is to come making a covenant with the many (a peace treaty with Israel) for one week, but which he will break halfway through the week. At that time he will set up an image of himself in the temple which is the abomination of desolation. Then the Jews who heed Jesus' warning will flee into the wilderness to the place that God prepared for them where they will be safe for the remaining 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation. That is a total of seven years.

Now, there are of course those who don't hold to what I just said. But what I just said is the view of those theologians who hold to a literal pre-tribulational, pre-Millennial view of Scripture.
Quote:
Once again, I want to remind the moderators that I don't consider this off topic since it concerns the fact that the church need not worry about having to go through the Tribulation and be concerned about Armageddon which is what the OP is concerned about.

In 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 Paul writes about the resurrection and rapture of the church with verse 17 specifically mentioning being ''caught up.'' The Greek word translated as 'caught up' is ἁρπάζω - harpazo. Harpazo is translated into Latin as 'rapiemur' from which we get the English word 'rapture.' The rapture is being caught up.

Now after writing about the resurrection and rapture of the church, Paul then begins to write about the 'day of the Lord' in chapter 5. The 'day of the Lord' refers to a period of divine judgment. In context, Paul is referring to the judgment that will occur in the Tribulation. Revelation 6:16-17 mentions the great day of the wrath of God and of the Lamb. But Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 5:9 that God has not destined us (the church) for wrath, but for obtaining salvation (deliverance) through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Then in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 Paul has to reassure the Thessalonians that the day of the Lord has not come [verse 2]. Apparently they had received a letter that claimed to be from Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy [verse 2 with 1:1]. Paul tells them to let no one deceive them [verse 3], and tells them that the day of the Lord will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed.

The man of lawlessness of whom Paul speaks is the 'prince who is to come' mentioned by Daniel in Daniel 9:26. Paul states that the man of lawlessness will not be revealed until what restrains him is taken out of the way [verses 3-8]. The restraining force that prevents the man of lawlessness from being revealed can only be the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit within the church-age believer. Therefore, until the church is removed from the earth in the rapture, the man of lawlessness cannot be revealed. And as I stated in post #28 the Tribulation will begin with the prince who is to come (the man of lawlessness) making a covenant with the many (a peace treaty with Israel). Until the man of lawlessness is allowed to appear and make that peace treaty with Israel the Tribulation cannot begin. And until the church is taken out of the way in the rapture the man of lawlessness cannot appear and make that peace treaty. Therefore the church will not go through the Tribulation.

While the Tribulation is taking place on the earth, the church will be in heaven undergoing the judgment seat of Christ followed by the marriage of the Lamb to His bride which is the church. In Revelation 19:7-8 the bride (the church) is seen in heaven having been made ready for the marriage. Jesus isn't going to marry a partial bride. The entire church will take part. This means the entire church will have to have been raptured prior to the Tribulation.

Another aspect to consider is that if the church had to go through the seven year Tribulation, if the resurrection of the church which takes place at the same time as the rapture of the church were was to occur after the Tribulation, this would mean that anyone who comes to believe in Christ during the Tribulation would be part of the church. But what that would mean is that every believer would be resurrected at the end of the Tribulation leaving no believers in mortal bodies to go into the Millennial kingdom to repopulate the earth. And the Scriptures are very clear that there will be mortal mankind on the earth during the Millennium.

The Millennium will not start out with any unbelievers. All unbelievers will have been removed from the earth at the judgment of the nations (Matthew 25:31-46). At the end of the Tribulation everyone who came to believe in Christ during the Tribulation and who has survived until the end (Matthew 24:13) rather than having been martyred will go into the Millennium in their mortal bodies to repopulate the earth.

Okay, having said all of that, I'm not going to get into a debate about it. If anyone disagrees with what I've said, then they disagree. I hold to the pre-tribulational, pre-millennial view of the rapture of the church for the reasons already given. And those who hold the same view need not be concerned about Armageddon.

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-15-2017 at 08:30 AM..

Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times
I think there is a catching up and a resurrection but not until the tabernacles drive all to Israel. and when safely in place . the catching up and resurrection will happen , is what I suspect. that catching up is for all left outside and that resurrection is for all dead, mostly those who are not in christ

People God is the God Abraham Isaac and Jacob .. He is God of the living , and the Living are already here and preparing. and I won't tell you what I know about that.
but he doesn't need to raise the dead christians that have died before it all starts. they will already be here and they will be there where they need to be . doing what they need to be doing to make this time and transition as smooth as possible .

you want a real faith builder keep your eyes open for your favorite and young (great) grandma, one that you saw enough that you know enough to see her as what she looked like younger.. .. 99% of the time you will NOT see great grandma and grandpa if they are right under your nose because you are never going to look for "old DEAD people" so you won't ever see old dead people young either . even if they are your people.. when they are very much alive and very busy and very young and all around us .
Yes I see "dead people" who are very alive and OH they are so beautiful. and when you see your precious grandma beautiful and young your heart will cry and soar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCtDqCuhWNM&t=2162s

Everyone go back to the shroud video and look closer at the hand demonstrating the position of the hand in the shroud with the thumb between the fingers . maybe he is the one who knew what things are all really pictured on that cloth and made sure there was equipment and the technology to find and picture it..

don't stop looking until you see what is really there. you see this proves that men of Science are not that !! they and us only see what we want to see and not what is there!

which probably means also God and his son have been inventing and giving technology to man all along. so when he takes all that is really his and everything he has given to man to use .. I wonder just what all he will take and keep .. A question we will have to find out from him later.. if he was actually Tesla then all things electric are his because of the theft of his inventions , if nothing else .

and after the Lord takes all that is his gifts to men and I am sure they are plenty , well all those atheists get to see just how smart they are with out him. "here all you gods , here is some dirt.. invent anything you want now!"

and maybe those wings are God's answer to men of technologies promises for ages now.. of Jet packs and hover Boards, that no one ever got!!!!!! the Lord is going to give them to us ladies/ his sisters who are all about his business and taking care of what he loves most, LIFE !!!! some will get some of those wings which are his answer to a Jet pack that don't need gas and won't run out of fuel. now that is cool or what ?????? men make promises they can't keep but the Lord will keep that one just watch !

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-15-2017 at 10:36 AM..

Old 03-15-2017, 11:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How does this "hour of temptation" become the 1000 year WAR against the imaginary satan?
"imaginary satan"Oh poor Manz I suspect dear you will find out personally if Satan is imaginary or not.
second of all Satan is nothing compared to our Lord .. Now catching or holding the snake to lock him away is probably going to be the hard part.
dealing justly with millions of Fools, rebellious and just plain old idiots , I have no doubt is going to be the Lord toughest job.

some of my favorite quotes right now is Tesla

https://www.quora.com/Who-is-the-mos...ur-of-all-time

" I do not regret that others have stolen my ideas , Rather than why they have none of their own"
and to think he is speaking of the great men of "science and technology" is sad right ?
I doubt you rank with the thieves even Manz yet you mock the Lord .. and that is not smart at least.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 03-15-2017 at 11:19 AM..

Old 03-15-2017, 04:14 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Jesus taught at Matthew 24:37 as the days of Noah were......
There was No 7-year tribulation in Noah's day.
Jesus said the 'days would be cut short' in connection to the great tribulation ahead of us of Revelation 7:14.

There is No rapture, but rather resurrection for the saints or holy ones - Daniel 7:18; Matthew 25:40; Rev. 20:6

Old 03-15-2017, 04:20 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you have eyes to see:
Revelation 3
" I will keep thee from......... " - Isaiah 26:20

Go, my (God's) people, enter your inner rooms, and shut your doors behind you, Hide yourself for a 'brief moment' ( Not 7 years ) until the denunciation ( wrath ) has passed by.

Old 03-15-2017, 05:18 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
could you be more naive ?
people leave their babies when the baby is starving and the parents are starving too.
some starving people will do anything for a meal.
lots of other prophesy speak of Nephilim and or demons ( which will under some judgement in that time or the last time.. be let out of their prisons ) as eating people and thus I would guess they would eat children .. even hungry people will eat children. and human history as proved that even parents will eat their own children when hungry enough.

so your very naive about humanity in all ways and it's great sins current and past , nor do you understand just what sin is . God will judge sin and remove it from the righteous..
you want the blessing of being righteous with out paying the price of it or the sacrifice of it.
how greedy and unthankful can you get ?
I want nothing from the image of your god...

Naive?? Come on out and we will spend some quality time in the city and perhaps you will gain a real understanding of what it's like to be hungry, homeless and marginalized by the church..

You seem to only want the blessing of being righteous at the expense of others and to wear as a badge of honor so everyone OOOs and AHHHHs over your piety...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity