Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,431,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You should search out the japan tsunarmi thread you will
be horrified what christians believe, especially bible believing christian universalists.
Oh no, I can imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 08:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,264,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I agree, but my will has not been able to stop war on the earth. If I could have my way, there would be no more war, no more guns, etc...
So why are there so many "christians" in the military?

I would have thought if they loved their neighbors / enemies there would be just non christians in the military ready willing and able to kill...

Old 03-20-2017, 09:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,612,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can God's will be accomplished ? or do we have to keep believing evil overcomes good?.As far as i am concerned, Bible believing christianity creates the ill's of the world, for it is convinced that God's will is war with it enemy in the same way Abraham was convinced he was to brinng forth a son against all odds. Both got what they were convinced of. You should search out the japan tsunarmi thread you will be horrified what christians believe, especially bible believing christian universalists.
the Christians I know think there was an earthquake. Nothing to do with an omni dude's wrath. They also thought it was funny putting generators to low but that the japs did a great job in handling it after the fact.

That the no-lord for those Japanese people.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,118,404 times
I believe the final war will be fought against Israel by the rest of the world. By that time, The United States will no longer exist- Islam will have taken over Europe as well as America. I'm not sure about China or Russia,except that they too will be against Israel. At that time God will destroy all of Israels opposition, and Jesus will return to rule for 1000 years.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:31 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,988,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I believe the final war will be fought against Israel by the rest of the world. By that time, The United States will no longer exist- Islam will have taken over Europe as well as America. I'm not sure about China or Russia,except that they too will be against Israel. At that time God will destroy all of Israels opposition, and Jesus will return to rule for 1000 years.
Since Pentecost, the 'Israel of God' is a spiritual nation ( Christian congregation ) and Not a fleshly nation.
Spiritual Israel has No borders or boundaries and can't be located on any map.- 1st Peter 2:9,5
Jerusalem above is now mother - Galatians 4:26; 6:16; Romans 2:28-29
As Jesus said that old religious 'house of worship' was abandoned by God according to Matthew 23:38

The nations will be standing before God's kingdom government brings Peace on Earth - Daniel 2:44
We are at the time of the statue's toes, or should I say the time of the toenails ! - Daniel 2:42

Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM

10,070 posts, read 4,988,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So why are there so many "christians" in the military?
I would have thought if they loved their neighbors / enemies there would be just non christians in the military ready willing and able to kill...
Christians, or so-called Christians ( Christendom )
Jesus and his 1st-century followers were neutral in the world's affairs.- James 1:1-4
They did Not even get involved in the issues of the day between the Jews verses the Romans.
So, it is Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only ) who sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as if that is the same as the Altar of God. Genuine ' wheat ' Christians are neutral and do Not go into the military.

Old 03-23-2017, 02:37 PM

540 posts, read 363,685 times
I believe the next world war will be bigger than the two previous wars. And I think Christians will play a huge role

Old 03-23-2017, 05:42 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,714,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
I believe the next world war will be bigger than the two previous wars. And I think Christians will play a huge role
Would you care to elaborate on that? How so will Christians play a huge role?

Old 03-23-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Christians, or so-called Christians ( Christendom )
Jesus and his 1st-century followers were neutral in the world's affairs.- James 1:1-4
They did Not even get involved in the issues of the day between the Jews verses the Romans.
So, it is Christendom ( so-called Christian but mostly in name only ) who sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as if that is the same as the Altar of God. Genuine ' wheat ' Christians are neutral and do Not go into the military.
It is sad how much America loves to make war and how huge the military empire is. Imagine if we had never spent all those trillions of dollars making war planes and weapons and bombs and instead had invested them in people, children, healthcare, infrastructure, charity, etc... imagine what a peace dividend would look like in comparison to a war dividend. It makes me sick just thinking about all the wasted lives and money. Only an insane society could do the amount of damage that has been done in my lifetime and think it is great.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:04 PM

Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted as gratuitous political.

I'm particularly referring to all the money we have wasted SINCE World War II.

What is wrong with speaking another language? I wish I could speak every language.

It looks to me like we have become the aggressor at this point and some other big fish is going to think they are doing good by wiping us out. This would not be so had we not tried to dominate the globe after WWII but something very evil happened to the U.S. after Kennedy was assassinated.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-25-2017 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Quoted post deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity