Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been shunned or rejected by the church you been to or go to?
Yes 14 53.85%
No 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
More times than you got fingers or toes.

I hear you, lol. I was once black balled by a pastor from a pulpit of a church I didn't even attend, lol. Some of his flock was coming to my bible study and getting healed and delivered and went back praising G-d and giving testimonies over it. Hirelings fight hard to hang onto to that job security; G-d have mercy on their blindness and self preservation instinct....

I've known a lot of people who have been kicked out over the years, even pastors for trying to bring forth revelation that didn't jive with their "home office". I always tell them not to beat themselves up over it, just consider it what it is....A PROMOTION. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 11:00 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,910 times
Great question, OP.

Yes; when we came out over being Universalists. I remember being confounded at how the supposed love of God in brothers and sisters could be so offended by my misguided beliefs. If I was believing a lie, and they were believing the truth, how could their faith and trust not have overcome their fear of someone who was deceived. It simply confirmed that I was right, and had outgrown their parochial view of Father's kingdom.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:16 PM

678 posts, read 437,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I hear you, lol. I was once black balled by a pastor from a pulpit of a church I didn't even attend, lol. Some of his flock was coming to my bible study and getting healed and delivered and went back praising G-d and giving testimonies over it. Hirelings fight hard to hang onto to that job security; G-d have mercy on their blindness and self preservation instinct....

I've known a lot of people who have been kicked out over the years, even pastors for trying to bring forth revelation that didn't jive with their "home office". I always tell them not to beat themselves up over it, just consider it what it is....A PROMOTION. Peace
You do realize how all such "kicked-out" actions bring God shame. And need those responsible
not wonder when people leave, only to then make the wrong decision to also from Christ walk-away...
How that must make our Savior weep... for His children, wandering lost, once again in the wilderness.
when
in actuality God only came to earth save us all. - Rejection can make us falter, but
companionship... of Loving friends can help us endure, & once again the sun shines... Praise God

Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Great question, OP.
Yes; when we came out over being Universalists. I remember being confounded at how the supposed love of God in brothers and sisters could be so offended by my misguided beliefs. If I was believing a lie, and they were believing the truth, how could their faith and trust not have overcome their fear of someone who was deceived. It simply confirmed that I was right, and had outgrown their parochial view of Father's kingdom.
There is no love in any church that encourages shunning, period.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
You do realize how all such "kicked-out" actions bring God shame. And need those responsible
not wonder when people leave, only to then make the wrong decision to also from Christ walk-away...
How that must make our Savior weep... for His children, wandering lost, once again in the wilderness.
when
in actuality God only came to earth save us all. - Rejection can make us falter, but
companionship... of Loving friends can help us endure, & once again the sun shines... Praise God

Personally, I feel the shame is on the ones who traded the Truth for a lie, then kicked others out for believing HIM. I was not talking about people who are having issues with rebellion towards Him and His Word, sexual sin, ect.. being kicked out and their flesh serving will go on to bring them down until they repent, but those few that are REALLY seeking HIM and HIS TRUTH. I can only speak of my own experience and the ones I know of first hand. THOSE people will never walk away from Him just because they are not under a door with a name over it. The only door we should be worried about is THE Door and standing firmly in Him. So for THAT reason, it is a promotion because the soul ties of the Jezebel Spirit are cut and they can go into a deeper walk with Him and Him alone.

For instance, I confronted one pastor privately over why he was teaching rapture when I knew he knew it was not true (as it's being taught) and his reply was, "Because you can't build a big church that way." And sadly, it's true. Truth, real Truth, divides, just as He said He would. My two cents.....Peace

Old 03-21-2017, 12:29 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no love in any church that encourages shunning, period.
I hear what you're saying. I think of it as that we can all love others who agree with us, or see things as we do - it is that simple. "They know not what they do" just about explains it. ...we actually saw the leaders of that church just this Saturday, at our local market, and had a coffee with them at a cafe. They were a significant catalyst to my wife and I getting married. I'll probably be playing at their sons wedding in August. They still have a lot of love to give, but it's on their terms of 'believe what we believe...'. With regards to ultimate destiny of souls I cannot accept the judgement of men anymore, and that is all that eternal torment or annihilation is - a torture or get rid of strategy for what you don't like in others - and nothing more. That's not my Dad.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Personally, I feel the shame is on the ones who traded the Truth for a lie,
then kicked others out for believing HIM.
I was not talking about people who are having issues with rebellion towards Him and His Word,
sexual sin, ect.. being kicked out and their flesh serving will go on to bring them down until they repent.
My two cents.....Peace
and "I was not talking about people who are having issues with rebellion towards Him and His Word,
sexual sin, ect" - either.
Since you quoted me, - why did you to go on that derail , of my comments.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 rainbows View Post
and "I was not talking about people who are having issues with rebellion towards Him and His Word,
sexual sin, ect" - either.
Since you quoted me, - why did you to go on that derail , of my comments.

Sorry, didn't mean to. I apparently misunderstood your comments?

Old 03-21-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to. I apparently misunderstood your comments?
No problem.
on the internet, where we don't even know one another for the Unique individual we each are,
nor can we have face-to-face sharing... , & on top of it all, we each hold fast to what we've adopted
as "truth" for us, & how we go about making 'sense' of the world,
obviously -
with all such, & even more challenges it's Understandable... we will miss... sometimes. You are okay Rbbi1

Old 03-21-2017, 01:53 AM

Yeah, it's hard sometimes to get the "feel" of a comment, given we don't have verbal tones or facial expressions to help us "read" the interaction. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity