Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:10 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
I'm jealous! Every time my church is doing a bible study survey I'm working. I have yet to be a part if one
This is the book that is read the first year alongside the OT books.

https://www.christianbook.com/introd...7I9RoClALw_wcB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 10:13 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Just wondering
I probably study at least 6 or 7 hours a day since 1998.

1998, I decided to commit my life, I decided to read the whole bible at least 25 times, once each week. I was studying about 16 hours a day, some days I didn't sleep and I just kept studying from one motivation, motivated by a single scripture.

''And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD''

I found out I had severe O.C.D. or temporal lobe epilepsy and I knew I would obsess of something. At the time it was crossword puzzles, I realized something was wrong because I couldn't function or sleep unless I finished the crossword everyday.

So I decided to choose my obsession.

That my children may be proud makes me stay at task.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM

540 posts, read 362,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I probably study at least 6 or 7 hours a day since 1998.

1998, I decided to commit my life, I decided to read the whole bible at least 25 times, once each week. I was studying about 16 hours a day, some days I didn't sleep and I just kept studying from one motivation, motivated by a single scripture.

''And they of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, and their heart shall rejoice as through wine: yea, their children shall see it, and be glad; their heart shall rejoice in the LORD''

I found out I had severe O.C.D. or temporal lobe epilepsy and I knew I would obsess of something. At the time it was crossword puzzles, I realized something was wrong because I couldn't function or sleep unless I finished the crossword everyday.

So I decided to choose my obsession.

That my children may be proud makes me stay at task.
How many times have you completed the bible?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is the book that is read the first year alongside the OT books.

https://www.christianbook.com/introd...7I9RoClALw_wcB
Thank you! Soon as I knock this credit card off I will look to make a purchase

Old 03-23-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
How many times have you completed the bible?
O, Probably around 400, 500 times, possibly more, I have no idea. I had read the whole bible 50 times before 1998, probably way more than that.

My mother is an evangelist, she and everyone who knows me wants me to quit studying. I don't know the reason most people get O.C.D., but I know what makes me have it. To be alone with my thoughts is intolerable and would leave me screaming all day. I have to keep my mind occupied all the time, and that's what I do. All I think about is temple design and law from morning to morning. My family want me to stop, they don't realize that's impossible or that if I stopped studying the bible, it would just be a different obsession. It's like I am in a prison, in a cell with the person I hate most. I just don't want to hear anything he thinks lol.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:57 AM

I learn more about the bible in my sleep than I do awake.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:58 AM

500. Impressive. Doubt I'll ever reach that number.

God must talk to you a lot then.
I'll be lucky to reach 100

Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
The first two years of my walk I closed myself off and studied the original languages, 16 hours a day sometimes. Like Hanni, sometimes I never slept because I was on what I call a "rabbit trail" and I was chasing precepts all through the Word from Genesis to Revelation (that's how He "hides" them in plain sight), and I was too excited over my mining for gold to sleep.

With this, I attended some church (varied from week to week, as I going primarily to worship with other believers) and had a bible study and ministry going in some form every week. I put in a few study days like that now, but other than that, nothing has changed, because the Word is an inexhaustible gold mine of revelations and wisdom from above. In later years He had me take in young people into our home and led them to have a PERSONAL relationship with Him and turn their OWN life upside down and inside out like He did mine, and sent myself and a friend just like me. out to minister to the body in different areas of the country.

This all is SO OPPOSITE of what my life was like before meeting Him in person 5/8/88, that I find it difficult to remember the "old" me sometimes, and that's the way I like it. The farther I get away from that "dead body", the more blessed I am. Peace

Old 03-23-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
500. Impressive. Doubt I'll ever reach that number.

God must talk to you a lot then.
I'll be lucky to reach 100
I don't believe God hardly ever talks to me, I do however believe somebody does. The way I see things, you will die, and you will be put in a category of just how much you know so that you might go down and whisper in somebody's ear. I see the army of God, a general in place, and millions under his command. I think spirits have come and gone inside of me and although they are not God, they have been delegated just like Jesus saying that the father would send somebody in his name.

I believe the Holy spirit came for a brief time, and this spirit was given to a person to learn and to fight against their desires.

I believe that particular spirit went back to it's place, but there are still others and while they don't have the power to heal, they do speak.

Of course, I tell them to shut the hell up, this is my rodeo.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't believe God hardly ever talks to me, I do however believe somebody does. The way I see things, you will die, and you will be put in a category of just how much you know so that you might go down and whisper in somebody's ear. I see the army of God, a general in place, and millions under his command. I think spirits have come and gone inside of me and although they are not God, they have been delegated just like Jesus saying that the father would send somebody in his name.

I believe the Holy spirit came for a brief time, and this spirit was given to a person to learn and to fight against their desires.

I believe that particular spirit went back to it's place, but there are still others and while they don't have the power to heal, they do speak.

Of course, I tell them to shut the hell up, this is my rodeo.
Give yourself more credit. God talks to all his children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity