Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:33 AM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times

Advertisements

I've never heard of anything like this either. Sounds fishy! Thanks for sharing. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 08:17 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I've never heard of anything like this either. Sounds fishy! Thanks for sharing. God bless.
Amennnnnn!

Blessings

Old 03-08-2008, 04:34 PM

265 posts, read 615,423 times
quote: "Never heard of such a thing and I've sampled ever kind of church invented.Although, in another post you told of an entire family making up one church.The only family I've ever heard of doing that were the ones that are so called independent Baptist,named Phelps,who are hatemunkers. They ruin deceased soldier's families and other funerals with their hate speech, about homosexuals...Both situations are not the norm by any means."

actually at a time in my life when I was searching for a church home, back before I knew I could still have God in my life style, I visited sooo many churches. I wasn't so pickey so I would just walk right in if it was a church. the name mattered not to me as I searched so hard to find the one for me.

from that experience I discovered many strange things going on in different churches. I could tell of many of my experiences but they are not all from here {kansas} many of them were also from chicago. I can't name them because I would mixed them up they were so many. some blocks here and in chicago got as many as three or four churches to a single block. it's easy to have many different experiences just by walking out of one church, and crossing the street, and trying out the next one. I could have nearly three to four experiences on any given sunday. anyways all of my experiences were very real.

I spared you guys other true storys like when I walked into one other church the ushers pulled an old used sweater out of some dusty carboard box, and tossed it over my shoulders insisting that I could not enter the santuary with my arms, or elbows showing. I was also told that next time I come I need to take the polish off of my fingernails.

those sorts of things really happened to me thus I have no church home. I visit when invited by someone, but continue to live my life for Jesus without the rules of local assemblies.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 PM

5 posts, read 22,187 times
wow strange

Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 PM

555 posts, read 2,211,852 times
Sounds very cultish to me and downright scary since they were asking for enough info that could be used for identity theft. I am careful to stay with mainstream churches.
I keep true to myself and my situation over what any church thinks it "needs" from me.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,444 times
Even as corrupt as I think most churches are, I have never run into that!

name, address, phone and birthday are about as personal as it got.

Find another church. Not all (probably not even most) are like that.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I am not too sure if the church even exist looking at his other post.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-sea View Post
I was attempting to join a church one day a few years back when I decided just then not to. here's what happened.

all those who had stood up front to join on this one Sunday were applauded by the congragation, and then lead in a line through a door and into a room. in this room they had us all to sit down at a table, and they passed out a sheet of paper for us to fill out. this was gonna be our membership on the church roll.

there were three people standing in the room walking around the table as we were filling out the forms as if we were taking a test. As I filled out my first and last name, put my age, then the questions became more and more personal. they wanted to know if I had life insurance, health insurance, where I worked and how long I had been on that job. they wanted to know if I had a bank account and so on. I never seen anything like it. one lady who was rounding about the table saw my age, and smiled at me as if to say I didn't know you were older. I smiled back and continued on reading the next questions. I then begain skipping questions as I went and a few skipped became a lot skipped.

I can't imagine agreeing to fill this form out for a church roll, and at the time I experienced this I was actually homeless. I was living out of a car and so I was dress in overalls, a blue jean cap to cover my undone hair, but other than that I just looked mostly like a teenager. in fact people kept making comments to me during that day that you would say to a teenager. stuff like, "So, whoes mom brought you today?" or "Did your mom come today?"

anyways at the end of the service during the time I was filling out the church roll form I had nothing to put into the blanks, and so I left them empty. I was glared at by two of the people walking around the table looking over our shoulders, but I said nothing. when the papers where collected I was looked at very hard, but it didn't matter to me. I left with no intentions of returning but a friend said she would pick me up. she didn't know I was homeless so I just had her to pick me up from in front of the place I use to live.

I guess the people who read the church roll sheets had shared them with the pastor, and his wife and I was treated in the most mean, and unkind way. they had ways of letting me know that I was not wanted there. I never returned and my friend of course couldn't find me because I wasn't living where I use to. anyways she loved the place, and I'm sure she enjoyed being apart of that church.

just wondering, how much information did any of you have to give to join a church? did they ask for your credit card number to?
This is pure evil, ungodly in the rarest form......
Run tell everyone else who has not been brainwashed yet to run))))))))))))
This is why people hate religion so much. This sounds like nothing more than
spirtual prostitution, and anyone that continues to fellowship under them will go to toast with their credit cards in their hands...
Again 2nd Timothy 3:1-4, again and this the church that Paul is warning Timothy about.(Perilous times will come)

Old 03-15-2008, 03:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-sea View Post
quote: "Never heard of such a thing and I've sampled ever kind of church invented.Although, in another post you told of an entire family making up one church.The only family I've ever heard of doing that were the ones that are so called independent Baptist,named Phelps,who are hatemunkers. They ruin deceased soldier's families and other funerals with their hate speech, about homosexuals...Both situations are not the norm by any means."

actually at a time in my life when I was searching for a church home, back before I knew I could still have God in my life style, I visited sooo many churches. I wasn't so pickey so I would just walk right in if it was a church. the name mattered not to me as I searched so hard to find the one for me.

from that experience I discovered many strange things going on in different churches. I could tell of many of my experiences but they are not all from here {kansas} many of them were also from chicago. I can't name them because I would mixed them up they were so many. some blocks here and in chicago got as many as three or four churches to a single block. it's easy to have many different experiences just by walking out of one church, and crossing the street, and trying out the next one. I could have nearly three to four experiences on any given sunday. anyways all of my experiences were very real.

I spared you guys other true storys like when I walked into one other church the ushers pulled an old used sweater out of some dusty carboard box, and tossed it over my shoulders insisting that I could not enter the santuary with my arms, or elbows showing. I was also told that next time I come I need to take the polish off of my fingernails.

those sorts of things really happened to me thus I have no church home. I visit when invited by someone, but continue to live my life for Jesus without the rules of local assemblies.
Yeah, I thought I had sampled all of them too crystal;
this one "takes the cake"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity