Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2017, 09:16 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times

Advertisements

Franklin, on his latest persecution of Christianity tour (aka DECISION AMERICA), thought of the small community churches and decided go deviate from his established agenda and visit a few home town churches.

Though Franklin did not visit Peter's church specifically, Peter decided to take a moment and deviate from his pastoral duties and reach out to Franklin...

Here is a short quote from the article---

When you started talking about attacks on Christianity, I thought you might have been referring to the racially motivated slaying of pastors and lay people at Mother Emmanuel church in Charleston some time back. Or I figured you were referring to the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt this past Palm Sunday. That’s what I call persecution.
There’s a letter in the Bible, written by the Apostle Peter (ever heard of him?). He’s an expert on persecution, having been on the receiving end of it more than once. He says you don’t get divine kudos from suffering the consequences of breaking the law-even if you are a Christian. Moreover, there is a Christian fellow named Paul (aka Saul) who wrote a letter to a church in Rome nearly two thousand years ago. He said that if your enemy is hungry you should feed him (that’s in the Bible too).

So I think what Reverend Pete is asking Franklin is, Show us the martyrs..show us those in prison...show us the tortured....

Yes, I will answer your call for prayer. But I will be praying for the real victims of persecution-the victims of racial discrimination, sexual violence and bullying. I will answer your call to action. But I will be acting to establish health care as a right for all people; making the college campus and the workplace spaces where women and girls need not fear being called “pigs,” “dogs” or “ugly” nor will they need to fear rich, white celebrity males who feel entitled to grab them by the genitals. I will respond to your call for action by working for a society in which no one needs to worry about where she will sleep at night or where the next meal is coming from. You want prayer? You want action? You’ve got it.

An Open Letter to Rev. Franklin Graham from a “Small Church” Pastor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 02:10 PM

24,151 posts, read 32,649,301 times
Franklin Graham is a horrible and decisive individual.

Let's just say that he is a living example of all that is despicable in evangelical Christianity today.

His father is a good man, with whom I did not always agree. However, in some ways he was "America's Protestant Pope".

Graham senior believed in separation of church and state and would not speak in segregated venues.

Something is clearly wrong with his son.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:38 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,033,301 times
As Shakespeare wrote, 'some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.' ...It's unfortunate, but statistically, children of people who are born great or achieve greatness are more likely to be in the latter category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity