Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 07:17 AM

301 posts, read 287,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porque77 View Post
It's okay that you don't keep Old Testament laws that weren't really given by God, but Christians should keep the commandments that were really given by God, which are the commandments what Jesus Christ taught us when he preached the Gospel.

Jeremiah says that the Law of God was changed by the lying pen of the scribes. The prophet is talking about the Law of God, and says that it was changed in the scriptures.

So, in the Old Testament many mandates of men were preached as if they were from God, because the Law of God was changed into a lie by the lying pen of the scribes, as the prophet Jeremiah says:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

For this reason, Jesus Christ, when He preached the Gospel, abolished many Old Testament mandates and revealed to us the commandments that were actually given by God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Quote:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
-Jesus

John 13:34
Jesus Christ gave us a new commandment, but we must also keep all the commandments that Jesus teaches us in the Gospel, because He said:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him nor know him; but ye know him, for he abides with you, and shall be in you". (Juan 14:15-16)

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
...Christian's arent in the New Covenant made only for Ephraim and Judah.
The New Covenant commandments, which are the Gospel commandments, are for all people.

Quote:
Jesus Christ gave us a new commandment, but we must also keep all the commandments that Jesus teaches us in the Gospel, because He said:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him nor know him; but ye know him, for he abides with you, and shall be in you". (Juan 14:15-16)

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.

Old 07-04-2020, 11:49 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
The New Covenant commandments, which are the Gospel commandments, are for all people.
Where does G-d say that He would even make a new covenant?...

Old 07-14-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does G-d say that He would even make a new covenant?...
The prophet Jeremiah says that God would make a New Covenant:

Jer 31:31

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land, of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least, of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

And Jesus Christ said that his blood was the blood of the New Covenant.

Mat 26:27-28
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

And it is that Jesus Christ gave his life to preach the Gospel and teach us the true commandments of God.

Old 07-16-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
The prophet Jeremiah says that God would make a New Covenant:

Jer 31:31

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land, of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least, of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

And Jesus Christ said that his blood was the blood of the New Covenant.

Mat 26:27-28
And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

And it is that Jesus Christ gave his life to preach the Gospel and teach us the true commandments of God.

Richard, did you understund?

Old 07-19-2020, 01:54 AM

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen…

...Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins
and that you receive not of her plagues..."
(Revelation 18:2-4)

Old 08-13-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

But then Christian's arent in the New Covenant made only for Ephraim and Judah.
The New Covenant commandments are the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches in the Gospel. And these commandments of the Gospel are for all peoples to keep, because Jesus Christ said:

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22)

And he also said:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen". (Matthew 28:19-20).

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned". (Mark 16:15-16)

Old 08-21-2020, 01:26 AM

God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments of God had been changed:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

This is what happened, what the prophets tell us: The God's law was changed by the scribes. For this reason, the Old Testament's law is different to the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Porque77; 08-21-2020 at 01:35 AM..

Old 09-03-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:

God's Law was changed by the scribes. This was announced by the prophets who said that the Law and the commandments of God had been changed:

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).
The Greek text of Isaiah 24: 5-6 tells us that the commandments were changed, not that the commandments were transgressed. That is mistranslated in the Bibles

Old 09-10-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
The New Covenant commandments are the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches in the Gospel. And these commandments of the Gospel are for all peoples to keep, because Jesus Christ said:

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22)

And he also said:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen". (Matthew 28:19-20).

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned". (Mark 16:15-16)
Is very important you understund that commandments of the Gospel were the true commandments or God, ans them wee gaven for all peoples to keep, because Jesus Christ said:

And he also said:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity