Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,859,470 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of admiration for the more fundamental believers who believe in the Trinity, but who don't feel compelled to confront non-believers, and who seem to have more a "live and let live" attitude. You don't seem to have an issue with someone if they come from a different religious background. You don't try to argue or "reason" with someone of a different faith.

I'm very interested in hearing your perspective on faith. What do you think about non-Christians? Why do you NOT feel compelled to evangelize, or try to convince and reason with them?

I admire that perspective. I'm just curious to hear from you in your own words.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 11:21 AM

Nothing?

Well, I guess most of the people in this forum must be (1) confrontational Christians, and (2) their recuperating victims.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I have a lot of admiration for the more fundamental believers who believe in the Trinity, but who don't feel compelled to confront non-believers, and who seem to have more a "live and let live" attitude. You don't seem to have an issue with someone if they come from a different religious background. You don't try to argue or "reason" with someone of a different faith.

I'm very interested in hearing your perspective on faith. What do you think about non-Christians? Why do you NOT feel compelled to evangelize, or try to convince and reason with them?

Thanks.
Quote:
Nothing?

Well, I guess most of the people in this forum must be (1) confrontational Christians, and (2) their recuperating victims.
It was a question asked of those who label themselves, Fundamentalist-Christian/Trinitarians.
And I believe you already know what they think about non-Christians/unbelievers of their faith.

Old 05-13-2017, 02:36 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times
Non confrontational Christians could also mean that these people may look malicious , as they look like they don`t care , but actually they are on a peace loving spirit of Christ .... See these people may have a smile of Joy on their face when people of the world are attacking them , or the judge who looks for emotions of guilt , where Christians give their guilt to the Lord ........ See the fruit of the spirit does not come with heavy downtrodden spirit , were Christians who resist confrontational with other religions may just feel sorry for people of strange belief and that is it , so all they would do is pray blessing of God on their lives as Children of God are called to do .....

Old 05-13-2017, 04:55 PM

I will try to redefine it as Trinitarians who (apparently) think that nonbelievers are going to Hell. But they have laissez faire attitude. They are kinder and more loving than evangelicals.

They practice what they don't preach. I just don't understand their perspective.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
I have a lot of admiration for the more fundamental believers who believe in the Trinity, but who don't feel compelled to confront non-believers, and who seem to have more a "live and let live" attitude.

Thanks.
because they are so much like you? so live and let live ? NOT
there is no way you admire them! are you just trying to find someone new to fight with?

Old 05-13-2017, 05:27 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
I will try to redefine it as Trinitarians who (apparently) think that nonbelievers are going to Hell. But they have laissez faire attitude. They are kinder and more loving than evangelicals.

They practice what they don't preach. I just don't understand their perspective.
you just called them hypocrites ! as if no one saw that one coming down that double barrel shot gun question..

Old 05-13-2017, 05:31 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you just called them hypocrites ! as if no one saw that one coming down that double barrel shot gun..
I didn't take him as confrontational. I think he meant they show their faith by their actions and not telling everyone else how they should behave. You know, set an example. I don't think it is limited to trinitarian Christians though. I see non trinitarians doing that too.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I didn't take him as confrontational. I think he meant they show their faith by their actions and not telling everyone else how they should behave. You know, set an example. I don't think it is limited to trinitarian Christians though. I see non trinitarians doing that too.
Yes. There are many other types than just the Christians. But I guess I won't find many of them in online discussion forums.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:20 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,828,609 times
I am a fundamental, Trinitarian Christian who believes the Bible is the inspired Word of God (and have written a book to that effect: UCanKnowTheTruth.com). I've largely given up on the Christianity forum because of the large number of atheists and anti-Christians who are only here to confront and attack Christians like me.

In the past, I've ignored, rather than confronted these people - because most have no 'truth standard' beyond their own individual thoughts and beliefs. I admire some of the Christians on this forum who ignore the detractors and persist in patiently explaining the faith -- But, after 5+ years on this forum (and 35-years in ministry), I've simply lost patience with those who seek ONLY confrontation. (... just happened to drop by; no longer a regular)

Last edited by jghorton; 05-13-2017 at 07:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity