Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 09:29 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,183,868 times

Advertisements

We start with the fact that ALL have sinned without exception, and we started out that way.....separated from God and unable to please Him in any way......

Rom 3:23* For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;*

Sometimes we try to clean up the gore of the cross, and there is no way to do that, it was a horrible way to die an agonizing death usually over several hours or even days. This was no ordinary man that shed very special sinless blood that hung on the cross......He was deity and His blood was the only sacrifice acceptable to God the Father for the sins of the world.........without the shedding of blood there is NO NADA ZERO forgiveness of sins.......Confession doesn't do it, tithing and living a good life doesn't do it.....the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ was the only thing that took away the sins of the world, and He would do it one time only........

Heb 9:22* And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.*

The third absolute is faith........saving faith.............you can't please God without it.............

Heb 11:6* But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.*

we all must frame our belief with the knowledge of these absolutes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 09:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We start with the fact that ALL have sinned without exception, and we started out that way.....separated from God and unable to please Him in any way......

...snip...
Not a fact for me.

If there's a God-thing, I think we get along just fine.

If you have issues with your God-thing, take ownership of them. Don't try to spread your sins to others.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,477,686 times
They are not absolutes to me either.
Especially, the first 2!

Here would be my 3 Absolutes Truths...
1. The base of all Reality is Love almost ...no, completely unimaginable to our little pea brains....we do not know the breadth or the depth or the length of....
2. Well, actually I don't have 2 others.

Old 05-25-2017, 12:10 AM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Rom 3:23* For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;*
When you proceed from a false or misunderstood premise, everything that follows is suspect. All this means is that every human being falls short of the perfect love of God. We all miss the mark (=sin). That is why Jesus was necessary. Only He could bring the perfect love of God into His HUMAN consciousness and connect ALL human consciousness with God forever. To this day, few if any of us can actually love those who would scourge us, or crucify us, or even just be cruel to us! Jesus is our designated hitter and He did what none of us could do - He hit a Grand Slam saving us all.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:34 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Not a fact for me.

If there's a God-thing, I think we get along just fine.

If you have issues with your God-thing, take ownership of them. Don't try to spread your sins to others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
They are not absolutes to me either.
Especially, the first 2!

Here would be my 3 Absolutes Truths...
1. The base of all Reality is Love almost ...no, completely unimaginable to our little pea brains....we do not know the breadth or the depth or the length of....
2. Well, actually I don't have 2 others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When you proceed from a false or misunderstood premise, everything that follows is suspect. All this means is that every human being falls short of the perfect love of God. We all miss the mark (=sin). That is why Jesus was necessary. Only He could bring the perfect love of God into His HUMAN consciousness and connect ALL human consciousness with God forever. To this day, few if any of us can actually love those who would scourge us, or crucify us, or even just be cruel to us! Jesus is our designated hitter and He did what none of us could do - He hit a Grand Slam saving us all.
Heb 9:22* And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.*

I too fail to see any absolutes here.

There is but one "absolute."

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR......PERIOD.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:46 AM

11,940 posts, read 3,766,588 times
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Rev 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

It's all about the light

Old 05-25-2017, 04:37 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,862,138 times
Quote:
The 3 ABSOLUTES we all must face............
Death, taxes, and the cruelty of gravity as we get older?

Old 05-25-2017, 04:46 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,053,446 times
Quote:
we all must frame our belief with the knowledge of these absolutes
Amen!

Old 05-25-2017, 05:16 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Death, taxes, and the cruelty of gravity as we get older?
Unless you are #45 and taxes are irrelevant?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,474,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

I too fail to see any absolutes here.

There is but one "absolute."

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR......PERIOD.
Oops you are ignoring the main one Jesus told us about. Loving your neighbor was second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity