Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 07:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,551,805 times

Advertisements

http://ihrarchive.org/archive/PATCLIP-20170525.mp3

(audio) "Here's what I told a Muslim caller who asked what Christians mean by Jesus as the "Son of God"
Listen: ihrarchive.org/archive/PATCLIP-20170525.mp3
Show info: ihradio.com/Patrick

Here is a really good answer for him. So sad Muslims think we are Godless people and they can kill Godless people. So much misconceptions when it comes to culture and religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 07:59 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,372,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

(audio) "Here's what I told a Muslim caller who asked what Christians mean by Jesus as the "Son of God"

Here is a really good answer for him. So sad Muslims think we are Godless people and they can kill Godless people. So much misconceptions when it comes to culture and religion.
Hang on .. Don"t christians believe anyone never mind nations and cultures that do not believe in Jesus are godless ?

Old 05-25-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hang on .. Don"t christians believe anyone never mind nations and cultures that do not believe in Jesus are godless ?
NO!!! But even if some do I don't think they believe those should be killed for it.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:44 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,858,921 times
Quote:

Indeed.

Christians won’t usually come out and say that they think*all*Muslims are terrorists. But many do assume that the majority of Muslims support terrorism, albeit quietly. Much has been written about*how Islam was established “by the sword,” or how Muslims engaging in terrorist activity are simply obeying what the Qur’an tells them to do. It is certainly easy to find Muslims using the Qur’an to justify violence. Even when you give the Qur’an a charitable reading, asking “What would Muhammad do?” will lead to a very different place than “What would Jesus do?”

That said, most of the Muslims you encounter—either in Western or in Islamic countries—are not violent people. They are kind, peaceful people and they are often embarrassed by the actions of Muslims throughout the world. While there is a good chance they see world politics*very*differently from the average Westerner, you will most likely find them warm, hospitable, and kind.

Yes, sincere Muslims believe that Islam will one day rule the world. And we can certainly chide Muslims for not speaking out more against terrorism. But we won’t get very far with them when we assume things about them that are not true. Just as we hate to be maligned, they hate it also.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Indeed.

Christians won’t usually come out and say that they think*all*Muslims are terrorists. But many do assume that the majority of Muslims support terrorism, albeit quietly. Much has been written about*how Islam was established “by the sword,” or how Muslims engaging in terrorist activity are simply obeying what the Qur’an tells them to do. It is certainly easy to find Muslims using the Qur’an to justify violence. Even when you give the Qur’an a charitable reading, asking “What would Muhammad do?” will lead to a very different place than “What would Jesus do?”

That said, most of the Muslims you encounter—either in Western or in Islamic countries—are not violent people. They are kind, peaceful people and they are often embarrassed by the actions of Muslims throughout the world. While there is a good chance they see world politics*very*differently from the average Westerner, you will most likely find them warm, hospitable, and kind.

Yes, sincere Muslims believe that Islam will one day rule the world. And we can certainly chide Muslims for not speaking out more against terrorism. But we won’t get very far with them when we assume things about them that are not true. Just as we hate to be maligned, they hate it also.
Well I can see a problem with that right there.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:08 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,032,215 times
Quote:
Well I can see a problem with that right there.
I think that's the same problem most people would have whether they believe or have no religion. Any attempt to force something onto others is initially peaceful, but eventually violent. ...And that is the essence of 'rule'. That is why the better, correct translation with respect to Jesus 'ruling the nation's with a rod of iron' is the picture of shepherding and the shepherd's staff - there's no coercion going on. As long as the ruling part doesn't happen, I can see a day coming when Christians perceive the kingdom of God and Muslims perceive Islam is being practiced, and the mark of the relationship between the two would be love.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-27-2017 at 12:23 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 12:23 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,065,065 times
This: Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Came from this: Psalm 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

I have a hard time seeing a shepherd's hook being used to dash sheep in pieces like a potter's vessel, especially since iron speaks of judgment (to the flesh). Peace

Old 05-27-2017, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
This: Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Came from this: Psalm 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

I have a hard time seeing a shepherd's hook being used to dash sheep in pieces like a potter's vessel, especially since iron speaks of judgment (to the flesh). Peace
We would need to read this in context. So many people read the bible out of context and many are led astray because of that.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:57 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,032,215 times
I'm sure you're right about use of iron for judgement. I think what is interesting is how people perceive that rod practically manifesting it's effect in people - the flesh, and what needs to happen with it, other than physical death, is a complex subject, especially with its use often as a metaphor for such as generational curses, strongholds, and lusts, etc. The flesh is where they hide, right.

As to shepherding:

Berean literal Bible:

and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken in pieces--just as I also have received from My Father.

About 15 to 20% of the translations (link following) use shepherd as the intent of the action, so the imagery is caring for the flock, imo. Revelation 2:27 that one 'will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery' --just as I have received authority from my Father.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-27-2017 at 03:08 AM..

Old 05-27-2017, 03:14 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,372,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

There is only one thing we strike with the rod of iron in judgement.... our own thoughts and ways. Why ? because there is none to hange but ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity