Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 12:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,429,700 times

Advertisements

He believes that the only fail-safe religion is that of the Jehovah witnesses themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 12:45 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,931,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
LOL. We went over this already. The JW's are not in complete unity and agreement with ALL the non-Trinitarian religions/denominations, any more than any Trinitarian denomination/religion is in complete unity and agreement with ALL the other Trinitarian religions/denominations. Since by your reasoning, all the Trinitarian religions/denominations 100% FAIL because of this lack of agreement and unity, then so do ALL the non-Trinitarian denoms/religions -- including the JW's.

Is your reasoning faulty, or isn't it?

Your reasoning is faulty--You bet the JW,s have 0 to do with trinity religions. They serve a non existent God--mislead away from The true God, mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily--Why would a JW be in agreement with them after God warned all---GET OUT OF HER. Not all is as appears in this satan ruled world. Jesus has--ONE single religion, is with one single religion, truth revealed through that one single religion.-1Cor 1:10)--it has 0 to do with the rest of this world as best as possible.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:26 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,428,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Your reasoning is faulty--You bet the JW,s have 0 to do with trinity religions. They serve a non existent God--mislead away from The true God, mislead into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily--Why would a JW be in agreement with them after God warned all---GET OUT OF HER. Not all is as appears in this satan ruled world. Jesus has--ONE single religion, is with one single religion, truth revealed through that one single religion.-1Cor 1:10)--it has 0 to do with the rest of this world as best as possible.
You remain firm in your refusal and unwillingness to apply the reasoning YOU put forth in the o.p. to your own religion because you would have to admit that your religion is a FAIL, according the standard you put forth. You would then need to to reexamine either your standard, or your religion.

I'll leave it at that.

Old 06-07-2017, 01:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,742,091 times
wiki Nissi ..The Septuagint translators believed nis·si′ to be derived from nus (flee for refuge) and rendered it "the Lord My Refuge",[3] while in the Vulgate it was thought to be derived from na·sas′ (hoist; lift up) and was rendered "Jehovah Is My Exaltation".

I will guess covering from a concept of the banner that is lifted over us . wiki says " The chapter recounts that Israel had the advantage over Amalek as long as Moses, watching the battle from a vantage point, held his staff aloft."

wiki Matthew Henry considered that Jehovah-nissi–The Lord is my banner "probably refers to the lifting up of the rod of God as a banner in this action. The presence and power of Jehovah were the banner under which they enlisted, by which they were animated and kept together, and therefore which they erected in the day of their triumph."[6]

so Next coming soon to a theater near you , Yahweh Nissi Yeshu thus like
Jehovah Our covering and salvation... but note the name Nissi was introduced only after the first war with the giants in the land.

Or will it Be Yahweh Nissi Shammah Yeshu ?
Jehovah-shammah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah-shammah is a Christian transliteration of the Hebrew יְהוָה שָׁמָּה‎ meaning "Jehovah is there", the name given to the city in Ezekiel's vision in Ezekiel 48:35. These are the final words of the Book of Ezekiel. The first word of the phrase is the tetragrammaton יהוה. Jehovah is a Christian anglicized vocalization of this name.
and wiki states " Commentaries such as that of Matthew Henry draw attention to the similarities of the vision of the holy city, the new Jerusalem, in the closing chapters of the Christian Bible, Revelation 21-22; these include the square plan, the twelve gates, and the presence of God.[2] Jehovah-Shammah is therefore understood not merely as a name but as a description of the future reality.[3]

and thus will be Be in/under the covering also " wrapped around you " .. and if it covers Israel he might be in there or under that that rod/ covering / Nissi = covering and authority . and in that covering is where
the Fathers kingdom marries earth and becomes all men's salvation and peace .
Yeshua is his attributes not just a name, in his most ancient culture your name is your accomplishments. you will not get a new name or be called a thing without having done that thing. thus you can have many names if you accomplish many things.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 06-07-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,074,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Does God have a God--The Trinitarians version does--- Here at Rev 3:12 when Jesus stresses 4 times in a single paragraph that he has a God, the Trinitarians have to teach--God has a God. Then this following would be taught by them as well---Rev 1:1-- a revelation, given to Jesus from God--2 beings there--one is God( giver) one is Jesus ( receiver)--so in plain trinity speak this is what is occurring there---Here me have a revelation. Don't forget as well, while Jesus was on earth--he prayed to himself, and upon his return to heaven--he sat at his own right hand---- that is twisting--I and the Father are one--proving it is in purpose, not in being.
the whole reasoning behind 33,000 trinity based religions is--confusion. They 100% for sure-FAIL- this true mark--1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought( all matters) no division.
Jesus was both God and Man. So, yes---the man Jesus has a God. He also has a divine nature, and is God.

To suggest that this disproves the Trinity is really kind of lame. After all, it is only 2 chapters later that he is worshiped as God. As for that 33,000 denominations thing? I think that article making that claim also counts Mormons and JW's among the "Christian" denominations.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:27 PM

7,327 posts, read 6,951,302 times
I was around when the first key punch operated computers were invented ,it took years of collage to acquire that skill.
My very first computer was a USED commodore 64 , a long time after PCs became popular .it' took me a while to warm up to the idea because the price was over my budget and I understood so little about computers , you had to learn DOS and program a tape for the Time X Sinclair 1000 computer and so forth .it was all I could do to make a living for my wife and kids much less spend any thing on an expensive toy .they were frail and complicated.
Due to my ignorance I had a very hard time believing in these machines ,and it was not like any one was offering to let you play on their computer either .
In time, I got given a used 286 and bought our first new 386, and as I understood what it could do I was less afraid of it and learned how to do a few things .

Ignorance of God is not much different .
Every thing looks like a sham because there are so many operating on that level to make a buck on the ignorant .

A lot of people come to religion for every other reason other than to actually know and love God, Hence they study to find excuses .
I've done a lot of personal work through the years , heard most of the liberal like arguments too even amongst "believers".
If all you know is what comes from the pulpit you have no relationship with God, He intended.
What I say , is if your going to fallow Jesus , then fallow Jesus and all that He said ,leave men's opinions out of the equation. and get desperate to know God and give Jesus an opportunity in your life .
When you realize the rebellion that you harbor is a problem , let God help you deal with it.
Realize too, Satan will be providing all the usual excuses , your going to have to make decisions over.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Jesus was both God and Man. So, yes---the man Jesus has a God. He also has a divine nature, and is God.

To suggest that this disproves the Trinity is really kind of lame. After all, it is only 2 chapters later that he is worshiped as God. As for that 33,000 denominations thing? I think that article making that claim also counts Mormons and JW's among the "Christian" denominations.

The JW,s ride in their own boat)--The Mormons ride in their own boat)--32,998 trinity based religions are up the creek without a paddle--They fail 100% 1Cor 1:10--a true mark of the single religion Jesus started, and no it was not the one that came out of Rome.

The bible teaches--Hebrews 2:7-9-- while on earth, Jesus was made-LOWER- than the angels--No he was not God in the flesh--an untrue unbiblical teaching. Jesus was killed--God cannot be killed.
The bible teaches--God always was and always will be--Jesus has a mortal mother.
Twisting by the great apostasy( 2Thess 2:3) who is responsible fully for every trinity translation on the planet--this religion came out of Rome. Then branched into a house divided, will NOT stand( Mark 3:24-26)

A good tree produces good fruit--a rotten tree produces rotten fruit. So either Catholicism is the religion Jesus started or 0 trinity religions are.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I was around when the first key punch operated computers were invented ,it took years of collage to acquire that skill.
My very first computer was a USED commodore 64 , a long time after PCs became popular .it' took me a while to warm up to the idea because the price was over my budget and I understood so little about computers , you had to learn DOS and program a tape for the Time X Sinclair 1000 computer and so forth .it was all I could do to make a living for my wife and kids much less spend any thing on an expensive toy .they were frail and complicated.
Due to my ignorance I had a very hard time believing in these machines ,and it was not like any one was offering to let you play on their computer either .
In time, I got given a used 286 and bought our first new 386, and as I understood what it could do I was less afraid of it and learned how to do a few things .

Ignorance of God is not much different .
Every thing looks like a sham because there are so many operating on that level to make a buck on the ignorant .

A lot of people come to religion for every other reason other than to actually know and love God, Hence they study to find excuses .
I've done a lot of personal work through the years , heard most of the liberal like arguments too even amongst "believers".
If all you know is what comes from the pulpit you have no relationship with God, He intended.
What I say , is if your going to fallow Jesus , then fallow Jesus and all that He said ,leave men's opinions out of the equation. and get desperate to know God and give Jesus an opportunity in your life .
When you realize the rebellion that you harbor is a problem , let God help you deal with it.
Realize too, Satan will be providing all the usual excuses , your going to have to make decisions over.

Trinity people--outright refuse to believe Jesus--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--Their translations are filled with Errors. In a way its not their fault, but in a way its fully their fault--- Fact--Every mortal on earth that loves Jesus, listens to Jesus-- Jesus teachings contradict the trinity religions to the core. Trinity religions do not teach what Jesus actually taught--They get paid to teach their religions dogma. So most don't know what Jesus taught--Their jaws will drop when they here these words at judgement( Matt 7:22-23)--Because Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God=ot-nt-- studied--year after year and one still learns. Few bother because they do not listen to Jesus---Fact--Jesus real teachers make sure-ALL- learn every utterance. I know my teachers do.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:40 AM

28,138 posts, read 30,066,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I agree with that statement 100%, and you'll never guess what denomination I am.

Quote:
As for that 33,000 denominations thing? I think that article making that claim also counts Mormons and JW's among the "Christian" denominations.
As they should. Nobody needs anybody else's permission to call themselves Christian if that's what they truly believe they are.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,074,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I agree with that statement 100%, and you'll never guess what denomination I am.

As they should. Nobody needs anybody else's permission to call themselves Christian if that's what they truly believe they are.
We can certainly argue about what makes one a Christian if you'd like, but I made the statement from the view that the poster I responded to was attacking "Trinitarian Christianity" and suggesting that it was responsible for a variety of denominations. I made the statement to point out that JW and Mormonism are 2 churches that do not teach the Trinity, but they are included in the vast number that he referred to. That means that they violate his statement--as they are not "Trinitarian Christianity", and could not have been caused by "Trinitarian Christianity".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity