Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 11:47 AM

251 posts, read 77,556 times

Advertisements

Do you guard the words that you speak? We will all, sinner and Saint, give an account of every worthless (idle/careless) word on that day before God. Here is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees (sinners):

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

A Message to the Church

James 3
[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
[2] For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
[9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
[11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
[12] Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our diligence in conduct and speech is what separates us from the world. We have to let our lights shine before men that the Father may be glorified. The world is growing darker and darker, so our lights should really be brighter than ever.

To my sinner friends, your words and conduct are condemning you before our Great God. He is offering you mercy today. Will you heed the call? Don't put it off. Procrastination is a killer that leads to hell. Turn to Jesus. Confess and forsake your sins.

Romans 10
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (KJV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 12:32 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Is there a question here, or a topic to discuss? This looks a lot like another preaching thread, which never go well in this forum.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:18 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Is there a question here, or a topic to discuss? This looks a lot like another preaching thread, which never go well in this forum.
Fundies can't seem to get away from threatening others with their wrathful and vengeful God who will put them in Hell if they don't believe what the fundies believe, mensa! Such Godfather-like offers of accept . . .OR ELSE! have limited appeal to modern educated adults, IMO.

Old 09-06-2023, 01:42 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Yes I guard/think about the words I speak, and also the words I hear as well

Old 09-06-2023, 05:04 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Worst case is that if people would resist talking climate change and give it to the Lord which would mean everyone just and unjust people throughout the earth, Then God could move and bless the earth and heal the land and this would thaw the wicked angels who manipulate the weather and bring the storms and droughts, where God would remove the CO2 in a profound way ......... Where talking out curses or blessings could call on curses or call on blessings, See curses attract the devil........ Whereas this is a promise of the Lord

Old 09-06-2023, 07:20 PM

529 posts, read 183,666 times
No I'm human, I'm going to make mistakes until I die, I'm not even going to God court when I die because I'm going to let Jesus represent me! Now if you pardon me, it's time to giggle with my coven, we are going to make some mistakes in life tonight and when we mess up our word spells we giggle and hug each other, because to err is human and we will be nothing less than that. Hugs!!!

Old 09-06-2023, 07:52 PM

1,977 posts, read 1,942,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07-07-07 View Post
Do you guard the words that you speak? We will all, sinner and Saint, give an account of every worthless (idle/careless) word on that day before God. Here is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees (sinners):

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

A Message to the Church

James 3
[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
[2] For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
[9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
[11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
[12] Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our diligence in conduct and speech is what separates us from the world. We have to let our lights shine before men that the Father may be glorified. The world is growing darker and darker, so our lights should really be brighter than ever.

To my sinner friends, your words and conduct are condemning you before our Great God. He is offering you mercy today. Will you heed the call? Don't put it off. Procrastination is a killer that leads to hell. Turn to Jesus. Confess and forsake your sins.

Romans 10
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (KJV)

Scripture gives us a reason not to judge one another: “For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. . . . So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” (Romans 14:10b–12, ESV). None of us are qualified to be the Judge. Only the Lord Jesus is qualified, and all judgment has been entrusted to Him (John 5:22). We will all stand some day before the judgment seat of Christ.

The judgment seat of Christ involves a time in the future when believers will give an account of themselves to Christ. This is the plain teaching of Scripture: “We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad” (2 Corinthians 5:10). The warning is to Christians, not unbelievers. As Jesus taught in His parable, the king is going to return, at which time he will require an account from his servants (Luke 19:11–26).

The judgment seat of Christ is different from the Great White Throne Judgment. That will be the final judgment of the wicked prior to their being cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11–15). Appearing before the Great White Throne will be unbelievers. Believers will appear before the judgment seat of Christ.

The judgment seat of Christ does not determine our salvation; that matter was settled by Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf (1 John 2:2) and our faith in Him (John 3:16). All our sins are forgiven, and there is “no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). Jesus said, “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life” (John 5:24, emphasis added).

Old 09-07-2023, 07:48 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Scripture gives us a reason not to judge one another: “For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. . . . So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God” (Romans 14:10b–12, ESV). None of us are qualified to be the Judge. Only the Lord Jesus is qualified, and all judgment has been entrusted to Him (John 5:22). We will all stand some day before the judgment seat of Christ.
This is a very interesting statement coming from someone who has an entire thread devoted to judging entire denominations as not even being Christian at all. That's millions of people you are personally judging.

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-07-2023 at 08:15 AM..

Old 09-07-2023, 09:09 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
This is a very interesting statement coming from someone who has an entire thread devoted to judging entire denominations as not even being Christian at all. That's millions of people you are personally judging.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:26 AM

3,062 posts, read 2,040,914 times
07-07-07 said: Every Worthless Word Spoken Will Be Accounted For On That Day

My question is "why wait?" Why not hold accountable NOW the people in power who are lying liars.
Some of them have been found guilty in court for their despicable actions yet they continue lying.
Stop voting for them. Stop sending them your money. Start opening your eyes and ears.

Until then I will consider this a passive-aggessive "you just wait" which means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity