Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 10:10 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,922,299 times

Advertisements

Does God have a God--The Trinitarians version does--- Here at Rev 3:12 when Jesus stresses 4 times in a single paragraph that he has a God, the Trinitarians have to teach--God has a God. Then this following would be taught by them as well---Rev 1:1-- a revelation, given to Jesus from God--2 beings there--one is God( giver) one is Jesus ( receiver)--so in plain trinity speak this is what is occurring there---Here me have a revelation. Don't forget as well, while Jesus was on earth--he prayed to himself, and upon his return to heaven--he sat at his own right hand---- that is twisting--I and the Father are one--proving it is in purpose, not in being.
the whole reasoning behind 33,000 trinity based religions is--confusion. They 100% for sure-FAIL- this true mark--1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought( all matters) no division.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,404,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Does God have a God--The Trinitarians version does--- Here at Rev 3:12 when Jesus stresses 4 times in a single paragraph that he has a God, the Trinitarians have to teach--God has a God. Then this following would be taught by them as well---Rev 1:1-- a revelation, given to Jesus from God--2 beings there--one is God( giver) one is Jesus ( receiver)--so in plain trinity speak this is what is occurring there---Here me have a revelation. Don't forget as well, while Jesus was on earth--he prayed to himself, and upon his return to heaven--he sat at his own right hand---- that is twisting--I and the Father are one--proving it is in purpose, not in being.
the whole reasoning behind 33,000 trinity based religions is--confusion. They 100% for sure-FAIL- this true mark--1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought( all matters) no division.
So, are the JW's in unity of thought on all matters with everyone who is NOT a Trinitarian? I'll answer that for you: Nope.

Uh oh, FAIL.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:53 PM

33,281 posts, read 26,487,831 times
Quote:
Does God have a God? The writer of Hebrews says yes. In Hebrews 1:8-9 the writer of Hebrews has God the Father addressing the Son and calling Him God. The context of Hebrews 1:5-13 is the writer of Hebrews quoting certain passages from the Psalms and stating that they refer to the Son (to Jesus).

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son He (the Father) says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. 9] You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
In Hebrews 1:10-12 the writer of Hebrews quotes Psalm 102:25-27 in which the psalmist addresses God in a prayer, but which the writer of Hebrews says refers to the Son.
The psalmist addressing God.

Psalm 102:25 "Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 26] "Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. 27] "But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end.

The writer of Hebrews applying Psalm 102:25-27 to the Son.

Hebrews 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of Your hands; 11] they will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment, 12] like a robe You will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will have no end.”
Here then is a clear statement of the Son being called God by the Father, and that it is the Son who laid the foundation of the earth and that the heavens are the work of the Son's hands.

Since God created the heavens and the earth, and it is the Son who is stated to have created the heavens and the earth, the Son then is God. Not God the Father, but God the Son.

There is no shortage of people who are willing to ignore the force of the above passages in order to deny that Jesus is said to be God just as the Father is God, for it is the Son who is said to have brought all things into being. But deny it as you may, the text states that the Son, that Jesus is Himself God.

And now the usual denials and arguments will begin. Same old, same old.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,732,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Does God have a God? The writer of Hebrews says yes. In Hebrews 1:8-9 the writer of Hebrews has God the Father addressing the Son and calling Him God. The context of Hebrews 1:5-13 is the writer of Hebrews quoting certain passages from the Psalms and stating that they refer to the Son (to Jesus).

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son He (the Father) says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. 9] You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”
In Hebrews 1:10-12 the writer of Hebrews quotes Psalm 102:25-27 in which the psalmist addresses God in a prayer, but which the writer of Hebrews says refers to the Son.
The psalmist addressing God.

Psalm 102:25 "Of old You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. 26] "Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. 27] "But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end.

The writer of Hebrews applying Psalm 102:25-27 to the Son.

Hebrews 1:10 And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of Your hands; 11] they will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment, 12] like a robe You will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will have no end.”
Here then is a clear statement of the Son being called God by the Father, and that it is the Son who laid the foundation of the earth and that the heavens are the work of the Son's hands.

Since God created the heavens and the earth, and it is the Son who is stated to have created the heavens and the earth, the Son then is God. Not God the Father, but God the Son.

There is no shortage of people who are willing to ignore the force of the above passages in order to deny that Jesus is said to be God just as the Father is God, for it is the Son who is said to have brought all things into being. But deny it as you may, the text states that the Son, that Jesus is Himself God.

And now the usual denials and arguments will begin. Same old, same old.
Yes .the. Youngest God is called this when he was a Man on earth. but now he has gone to the Father I just think that the most accurate name for Jesus /(Greek name for Yeshua) is like Jehovah nissi or Jehovah jirah. Thus Jehovah Yeshua, Jehovah our Salvation ! People who don't know him by his other names won't likely ,recognize him by any other of his names or any of his deeds. Naming people by their deeds or acomplishments is an ancient (AE)Lycian ( biblical Elishiah) cultural practice so maybe it was never a Jewish/Hebrew practice anyway.So maybe that is why no one recognized Him, or maybe they were fully Roman or Greeks by that time.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-30-2017 at 10:37 PM..

Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,094,167 times
Quote:

I posted this before in some other thread

Quote:
Actually this is where it gets interesting.

I dont have any intent to undermine or demean your faith, but I am simply stating my opinion below for a knowledge sharing dialogue - And I could be wrong, but here is what I think.

The "kind" and "nature" doesn't change.

For example, If you have a goat and you take it out and tell people that it's your son, perhaps no one will believe you because a human's son is always a human.

A goat's son will always be a goat.

An elephant's son is always be an elephant. You follow me?

So a God's son must also be a God. Agreed?

So by logic and reason, Jesus is God, because he is God's Son. Agreed?

Now, 2 points to ponder here.

1 - Jesus prayed and worshiped. Who did Jesus pray to? God does not pray to ANYONE!

2 - Jesus was asked when will the last arrive? He said "I don't know!".

For Jesus to be God, he MUST have to know this. A God, by definition, will NEVER say "I don't know"

So, IMO (and it's only my opinion) from point 1&2 Jesus cannot be God. And if he is not God then he is also NOT the son of God because a son of God must also be a God.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:19 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,841 times
The best way to deal with this is: God is One, and we are part of that one. He cannot deny himself. ...We are Jesus' brothers, so are also sons.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:35 AM

63,851 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So, are the JW's in unity of thought on all matters with everyone who is NOT a Trinitarian? I'll answer that for you: Nope.
Uh oh, FAIL.
No fair using logic, Pleroo. It only confuses them.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:56 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,094,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
The best way to deal with this is: God is One, and we are part of that one. He cannot deny himself. ...We are Jesus' brothers, so are also sons.
And who is "we"?
Please elaborate.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:25 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,029,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And who is "we"?
Please elaborate.
We is One.

...But if that is offensive or doesn't make sense, I just wrote this in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post

Taking the head and body analogy - Does the head and body have a reciprocal 'relationship', one with the other? I don't think a simple yes does it for me - it's more like, neither can actually be without the other, they are both required and work in harmony together.

Granted, we would be remiss if we didn't give cognizance to the flesh and mortal / carnal mind, but taking that into account and acknowledging that we are spirit, as He is, then there is an intertwining of head and body that is inseparable. The concepts of 'relationship' and 'personality' naturally creates an 'other', and that is where the problem of projection begins, just like the body parts that say 'i have no need of you', ...And there we have the root of the darkened heart of man - belief in separation.

The head and body and all parts are inseparable and one.
...So I used a little o for one, which is less offensive.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 05-31-2017 at 02:45 AM..

Old 05-31-2017, 03:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And who is "we"?
Please elaborate.
The All
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity