Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 09:46 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,263,929 times

Advertisements

How do Christian doctrines address homo sapiens precursors like homo neanderthalensis, homo erectus, homo habilis, et al.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 09:51 AM

28,112 posts, read 30,023,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
How do Christian doctrines address homo sapiens precursors like homo neanderthalensis, homo erectus, homo habilis, et al.?
I don't think you're going to find a biblical answer to this question, if that's what you're looking for. But, IMO, if God created them, they'll be resurrected. I don't know that "saved" is the word I'd use, because I don't think they need salvation in the same respect as homo sapiens do.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,056,770 times
Romans 8....ALL OF CREATION, is waiting and travailing together in pain. Whatever was created, waits for their complete salvation, body, soul and spirit. Peace

Old 06-09-2017, 11:07 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
There are scientists today that don't believe they were separate species...but that they were all humans. Neanderthals have been believed to have interbred with humans, for instance.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,942,588 times
Quote:
When I meet one I'll have an answer for you. Until then it's not something I need to speculate on.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:41 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,040,259 times
There was no salvation for people outside of early covenant through the house of Isaac , and then through the covenant through Lord Jesus Christ , where animals which were humanoid in nature before these not saved to God , as heaven was empty until the promise of Christ came ....... Still animals today can be saved by the authority of the blood of Jesus if saved people pray for the animal directly before the animal passes from this world , by the authority of Christ , and God will collect the spirit of the animal for heaven , other than that most animals will be lost to God ....

Old 06-09-2017, 02:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Only modern humans are dim enough to believe they need it.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:26 PM

331 posts, read 316,556 times
Quote:
There is one line of thought that the biblical Adam refers not to absolutely the first being who might have qualified as human-like but to the first being God made "in his image" by endowing him with a soul and a higher intellectual capacity and moral sensibility. The thinking is that this occurred perhaps 50,000 to 100,000 years ago.

Many (most) Christians accept that the biblical Adam was created sui generis as a special act of creation by God. The view described in the paragraph above fits this model, but most Christians simply believe that the evolutionary progression you are describing is based on insufficient evidence and will ultimately be proven wrong - that the Genesis account is essentially correct and that what you are calling precursors either did not exist at all or have been misidentified as Adamic precursors.

I believe that the biblical Adam was created by God as a direct, special act of creation regardless of precisely when or how this occurred. As with all difficult questions, including the nature of Hell, my answer would be that God will deal with Adamic precursors (if any) in a way that we will see is worthy of the loving and just Creator of the universe. For that matter, I believe God will deal with my household pets in a way worthy of the loving and just Creator of the universe.

Neanderthals, of course, present a more thorny question than do early precursors since they were contemporary with homo sapiens. Here is a pretty interesting and by no means simple-minded discussion of the way various segments of the Christian community view Neanderthals: https://thenaturalhistorian.com/2015...-sin-theology/ The notion that Christians inevitably have simplistic, simple-minded answers to questions such as this is one of the myths nonbelievers like to promote, but it is far from true.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:46 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,942,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Only modern humans are dim enough to believe they need it.
RATS!! You outdid me AGAIN!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
RATS!! You outdid me AGAIN!
You know that in all respects that matter, we are on the same side of the creek - just working over different pools.

We're still aiming to catch truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity