Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You're right. It was a commandment from God. Shouldn't have said it was just custom. My main point was to show solytaire why God didn't want seed spilled. Had nothing to do with masturbation.

thank you for that contextualization, but to be honest I am still sort of confused. Why would God discourage men from spilling/wasting their seed, yet impose upon women a monthly cycle that expunges from them their eggs? God holds human life and the potential for it sacred. No?

Last edited by solytaire; 12-02-2009 at 06:41 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 06:01 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart Matt 5 28
Excuse me.

In case you may have forgotten. [and it appears that you have]

The Op in this thread is about masturbation.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:05 PM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Excuse me.

In case you may have forgotten. [and it appears that you have]

The Op in this thread is about masturbation.
I know this verse is talking about lusting about a woman in any form that means lusting about a woman while masturbating

Old 12-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
thank you for that contextualization, but to be honest I am still sort of confused. Why would God discourage men from spilling/wasting their seed, yet impose upon women a monthly cycle that expunges from them their eggs. God holds human life and the potential for it sacred. No?
In both cases:
men 'wasting' seed,
and women self-aborting an egg every month;
in both cases the potential of a fetus is there.

And that potential is thrown away.

God never addresses the wasted seed, nor does God ever address the aborted egg.

Because a woman may leak out blood, she is considered 'unclean' due to the blood, for a period of time. But so is any man who gets blood on him.

I do not see where either man or woman is handled any differently.

I am not sure that God ever really addresses any sacred-ness anywhere in the process.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer84 View Post
I know this verse is talking about lusting about a woman in any form that means lusting about a woman while masturbating
So you think that I am forbidden from lusting after my wife?

I see.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
Quote:

I see.

I don't lust after women either.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
In both cases:
men 'wasting' seed,
and women self-aborting an egg every month;
in both cases the potential of a fetus is there.

And that potential is thrown away.

God never addresses the wasted seed, nor does God ever address the aborted egg.

Because a woman may leak out blood, she is considered 'unclean' due to the blood, for a period of time. But so is any man who gets blood on him.

I do not see where either man or woman is handled any differently.

I am not sure that God ever really addresses any sacred-ness anywhere in the process.
Good deal, so then what is the basis for the arguement that masturbation is wrong? If a woman is considered unclean due to something beyond her control, and a man is considered sinful for willfully wasting his seed, then where is the consistency? Would it then be sinful for a woman to masturbate? If our sins are based upon the exertion of free will, then how could a woman be held in contempt for something that is totally irrespective of her free will?

What of seminal fluid, which contains 75% of the fertile composition of semen, that is leaked before climax is even reached?...This can happen with mere friction oriented arousal, even in the absence of masturbation.

I know Im getting a bit trivial with it here. But how far can that kind of logic really go before human common sense must prevail?

Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,497 times
BTW, solytaire, a woman doesn't dispose of her eggs during her period. An unused egg is dissolved inside the woman's body. This is during ovulation, about 2 weeks after the period.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:09 PM

491 posts, read 748,909 times
Quote:

I see.
Of course because you are in the bond of marriage where sex and sexual acts are supposed to be.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
BTW, solytaire, a woman doesn't dispose of her eggs during her period. An unused egg is dissolved inside the woman's body. This is during ovulation, about 2 weeks after the period.
Im lost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity