Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:59 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,794,075 times

Advertisements

John 15:14 NRS

" You are my friends if you do what I command you."

John 15:15

"I do not call you servants any longer, because the servant does not know what the master is doing; but I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from my Father.

The son of man reveals the word of God to those who keep His commandments, those who are His friends.

There is no greater love than to lay down your life for your friends.

The life of the son is the life of the Father, God's word.

How do you do what Jesus commanded if you are to abide in His word ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 12:07 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,379,087 times
Ok, what did he tell you to do. Please answer by explaining what you are doing, quoting bible verse is not an acceptable answer.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,435,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
" You are my friends if you do what I command you."
Do you love me ...or, are you merely a dictator.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:26 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,827,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you love me ...or, are you merely a dictator.
I Love dictation.

dic·ta·tion
dikˈtāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the action of saying words aloud to be typed, written down, or recorded on tape.
"the dictation of letters"

John 7King James Version (KJV)

7 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

2 Now the Jew's feast of tabernacles was at hand.

3 His brethren therefore said unto him, Depart hence, and go into Judaea, that thy disciples also may see the works that thou doest.

4 For there is no man that doeth any thing in secret, and he himself seeketh to be known openly. If thou do these things, shew thyself to the world.

5 For neither did his brethren believe in him.

6 Then Jesus said unto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.

7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

8 Go ye up unto this feast: I go not up yet unto this feast: for my time is not yet full come.

9 When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.

10 But when his brethren were gone up, then went he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

11 Then the Jews sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he?

12 And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.

13 Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.

14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.

15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?

16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

20 The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?

Old 06-19-2017, 04:24 PM

But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning.

Something of Love that some may have missed
Though who knows who the Elders are, take head, and listen, instuction is a A Good gift.

But for those who withhold instuction to bring bondage on his neighbor, condemnation is their reward.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:31 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,112,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning.

Something of Love that some may have missed
Though who knows who the Elders are, take head, and listen, instuction is a A Good gift.

But for those who withhold instuction to bring bondage on his neighbor, condemnation is their reward.
Take Head???...

Old 06-19-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Take Head???...
Three measures of meal?

Solomon was a man of flesh and blood. To consider him above any other man will have consequences.

A gate with no keeper.

Consider wisdom and praise when looking upon the Acatia and it's thorns. And with keenness a man will see the ants make homes within such a thing that many fear.
But in the heart of wise man a still voice speaks, " it will be consumed."

Yet if yehu has a lamp of increasing oil.
He may yet find water.

Asking without strength will leave a man alone.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Take Head???...
Speak to me of wisdom young man.
What inclination lead ishmaels mother astray?

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
The Living Water.
Patience in the manner of fruit.

Where did ishmaels mother go wrong?

But God said to him, "Do not be so distressed about the boy and your maidservant. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring [2] will be reckoned.
I will make the son of the maidservant into a nation also, because he is your offspring."
Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the desert of Beersheba.
When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes.
Then she went off and sat down nearby, about a bowshot away, for she thought, "I cannot watch the boy die." And as she sat there nearby, she [3]began to sob.
God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation."
Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.
God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Take Head???...
You say 6,1,3.

I respond. 3,4,3.

Old 06-20-2017, 08:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,078,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ok, what did he tell you to do. Please answer by explaining what you are doing, quoting bible verse is not an acceptable answer.
Those are the words of God, seeing as how they are said to be God-breathed. Why would we not want to use Scripture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity