U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 AM

208 posts, read 467,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
I'm still looking, but heretofore have not found a Church group perfect in doctrine. Many do understand fundamentals, to a point. The main reason I can't fellowship with the traditional Catholics is because of thier hyperexaltation of the mother of our LORD JESUS. That really clouds the gospel. One must be careful not to create a false gospel. Why can't Catholics, evangelicals, and anyone who wants to follow JESUS, just get it right? What on Earth is the problem? The secular world has gone entirely mad and there are so many false doctrines among the Churches. Please help us my dear LORD JESUS. And thank you LORD that your dear mother Mary is resting there peaceably with you and worshiping you and praising you as are all the saints and holy angles there with you! Amen
We Catholics do not worship Mary and by no means does it cloud the Gospel. As a matter of fact it enhances our Catholic faith that Mary is ever virgin and is Queen of Heaven, as she is the heavenly vision described in Revelation 12, " the heavenly vision of the “woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars” (Rev 12:1). The vision depicts the Woman as “Queen of Heaven” insofar as she is both a queenly and heavenly figure — the Woman wears a crown of twelve stars and appears in the sky, in heavenly glory — clothed with the sun and with the moon beneath her feet. Jesus is the sun that gives light, and Mary is the moon that reflects that light. Amen.
Queenship of Mary refers to Mary’s royal dignity as Mother of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ. The title takes nothing away from Jesus’ own Kingship, but rather is a consequence of it. In 1 Kings 2:19, Bathsheba, the queen mother of Solomon, is honored by her son, who stands to greet her and pays her homage when she comes to him on a matter of state. The Bible declares, “Then he sat down upon his throne, and a throne was provided for the king’s mother, who sat at his right.”

Jesus tells us in the 4th Commandment to "Honor your Father and MOTHER". Jesus most certainly honored His mother Mary. So why can't Christians? She told Elizabeth, that all generations will call Her blessed. Which generations was She talking about? The Muslims? The Hindus? The Budhists? No. The Christian generations! Her adopted sons and daughters in Christ!

We venarate and honor Our Lady because Jesus honored Her and She is God's masterpiece. Interestingly, in your prayer above, you pray to Jesus that Mary, the Saints and all the Holly Angels are there with Him worshipping and praising Him, and that is exactly why Catholics ask Our Lady, the Saints and the Angels to INTERCEDE in our prayers. Whom better to ask to pray for us then those that are by the Throne of Jesus?!

I really encourage you to meditate on Luke 1:42, "And she cried out with a loud voice and said, "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!" Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
I really dont care about the catholic church.... To many cooks in the kitchen. The Bible is good enough for me. yea I get the whole "we were the first church" n' all.
"Easter" is pagan, very different from the Ressurection of Christ, unless you use the term interchangably.....
10 commandments good enough for me. all things can fall under these as sin, no need to "help" God out.
So I assume that you don't celebrate Christmas either, right?

God does not need us as much as we need Him. It is true that we do not "need to help God out" as you stated, but throughout the history of mankind, God HAS used humans to carry out His works. Abraham, David, Moses, all the great prophets, the apostles, even angles have been sent from heaven to do God's great works.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:36 AM

10,739 posts, read 32,666,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They forgot priest molesting children!!
That what I was thinking.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
That what I was thinking.

Mathew 26:41, "Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

This is not just a priest problem. Sadly, school teachers, police officers, clergy, and even our own President Clinton have fallen into the temptation of the flesh. Women have been in the news for sexually molesting kids as well as of late.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:57 PM

322 posts, read 674,291 times
FBoet, Brother, please pray about some of the catholic doctrines. Mary is not the queen of Heaven. I'm not going to bicker back and to about things argued for centuries. Let's face it, the Catholics are great about some things, but fall short in other important things. Just please look to JESUS. Let Him guide you. Somehow, I think you will.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
FBoet, Brother, please pray about some of the catholic doctrines. Mary is not the queen of Heaven. I'm not going to bicker back and to about things argued for centuries. Let's face it, the Catholics are great about some things, but fall short in other important things. Just please look to JESUS. Let Him guide you. Somehow, I think you will.
Ohhhhhhhhh HE has guided me! Thanks be to GOD. All, I can say is that I'm 46 years old and was redirected to Christ and the Catholic faith three years ago and I Have SEEN THE LIGHT. Blessings to you.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:30 PM

10,739 posts, read 32,666,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoet View Post
Mathew 26:41, "Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

This is not just a priest problem. Sadly, school teachers, police officers, clergy, and even our own President Clinton have fallen into the temptation of the flesh. Women have been in the news for sexually molesting kids as well as of late.
Firstly, when school teachers and police officers are caught, they are punished. They aren't moved from parish to parish so they can pray on more and more children.

President Clinton did not molest a child, he had consentual sexual involvement with a person of legal age. While I deplore his cheating on his wife, its hardly comparable to child molestation.

AND of course there has been women in the press for molesting children, they should be treated the same way.

None of what you have said addresses the fact that the Catholic church has acted as a pimp for their pedophile priests.

To lump sins of the flesh together like you have diminishes the harm done to children by molestation.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Firstly, when school teachers and police officers are caught, they are punished. They aren't moved from parish to parish so they can pray on more and more children.

President Clinton did not molest a child, he had consentual sexual involvement with a person of legal age. While I deplore his cheating on his wife, its hardly comparable to child molestation.

AND of course there has been women in the press for molesting children, they should be treated the same way.

None of what you have said addresses the fact that the Catholic church has acted as a pimp for their pedophile priests.

To lump sins of the flesh together like you have diminishes the harm done to children by molestation.
I should have read your profile before responding to your post the first time.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM

756 posts, read 2,387,444 times
The Bible does not reference Mary as the "Queen of Heaven". In fact the Bible states she was a sinner just like the rest of us, blessed, yes...but the catholic church makes her "Bless-ed"-not the Bible. there lies my problem.
If you must know, no I do not celebtate the pagan bunny day. I do celebrate the Ressurection of my LORD, and his Birth.
have you researched the calendar holidays and how they came about???

Old 03-17-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
The Bible does not reference Mary as the "Queen of Heaven". In fact the Bible states she was a sinner just like the rest of us, blessed, yes...but the catholic church makes her "Bless-ed"-not the Bible. there lies my problem.
If you must know, no I do not celebtate the pagan bunny day. I do celebrate the Ressurection of my LORD, and his Birth.
have you researched the calendar holidays and how they came about???

We can go back and forth on Mary's virginity or that she was a sinner who gave birth to our Messiah. But, obviously this is not a very efficient platform to discuss such an important topic. You may go ahead and insult Jesus' beloved mother all you want, but, what I am curious is on what day do you celebrate our Lord's birth since He was not born on December 25th?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity