Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:55 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Vatican City (AHN) - In an attempt to give moral and ethical behavior more significance to current times, the Vatican has recently announced seven new deadly sins, published in an issue of the L'Osservatore Romano, the Vatican's official newspaper.

Vatican Announces Seven New Deadly Sins | March 11, 2008 | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010282589 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 01:15 AM

738 posts, read 1,883,831 times
Interesting!!!!!

thanks for the link!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
They forgot priest molesting children!!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:54 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times
They need to watch that one about greed - is anyone richer than the Catholic church? They own everything from gold chalices to property, and profit on their tax-exempt nature in the US.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 PM

208 posts, read 507,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They forgot priest molesting children!!

Are you implying that only Catholic priests are fallible?

Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
They need to watch that one about greed - is anyone richer than the Catholic church? They own everything from gold chalices to property, and profit on their tax-exempt nature in the US.
The Catholic Church is not greedy. With over 1 billion Catholics in the world, it is only logical that the Catholc Church will own more assets and wealth from tithing and contributions. What's your point about the gold chalice? Jesus was presented with gold to honor His Kingship. The chalice is the cup of the new ever lasting Covenant with Jesus. What do you want the chalice to be made of? Plastic? Glass? Styrofoam? Is the Catholic Church the only religion to be tax exempt in the U.S.?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:36 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,298 times
thats funny.........I thought God decided what was sin and what was not.....does not the Bible still exist????

Old 03-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
thats funny.........I thought God decided what was sin and what was not.....does not the Bible still exist????
Mgr Girotti named the new mortal sins to be (1)genetic modification; (2) human experimentations, (3) polluting the environment; (4) social injustice; 5) causing poverty; (6) financial gluttony; and (7) taking drugs.

You are a Christian and as a Christian, I'm sure you will agree that these "new" mortal sins are sinful in God's eyes.

The Catholic Church, as most good mothers, must occassionally remind and disciplined her children between good and evil. Globally, our society is decaying. We are polluting our enviroment and our bodies, God's temple. The rich are getting richer and the middle class is disappearing. Greed is corrupting are youth and the financial markets are a mess due to all the subprime loans of a couple a years ago where everyone wanted to make a fast buck in the real estate market. We are experiment with cloning and human embryos and we are aborting babies faster then we are giving birth.

I'm glad the Catholic Church makes these announcements now and then because we are certainly not going to hear any moral guidance from the media or politicians. As you know, The Church has held 21 councils for the purpose of discussing and regulating matters of church doctrine and discipline. The first Ecumenical Council held in 325 A.D, was to define against Arius the true Divinity of the Son of God and the fixing of the date to keeping Easter, for goodness sakes!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:59 AM

756 posts, read 2,574,298 times
I really dont care about the catholic church.... To many cooks in the kitchen. The Bible is good enough for me. yea I get the whole "we were the first church" n' all.
"Easter" is pagan, very different from the Ressurection of Christ, unless you use the term interchangably.....
10 commandments good enough for me. all things can fall under these as sin, no need to "help" God out.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 AM

322 posts, read 737,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBoet View Post
The Catholic Church is not greedy. With over 1 billion Catholics in the world, it is only logical that the Catholc Church will own more assets and wealth from tithing and contributions. What's your point about the gold chalice? Jesus was presented with gold to honor His Kingship. The chalice is the cup of the new ever lasting Covenant with Jesus. What do you want the chalice to be made of? Plastic? Glass? Styrofoam? Is the Catholic Church the only religion to be tax exempt in the U.S.?
I'm still looking, but heretofore have not found a Church group perfect in doctrine. Many do understand fundamentals, to a point. The main reason I can't fellowship with the traditional Catholics is because of thier hyperexaltation of the mother of our LORD JESUS. That really clouds the gospel. One must be careful not to create a false gospel. Why can't Catholics, evangelicals, and anyone who wants to follow JESUS, just get it right? What on Earth is the problem? The secular world has gone entirely mad and there are so many false doctrines among the Churches. Please help us my dear LORD JESUS. And thank you LORD that your dear mother Mary is resting there peaceably with you and worshiping you and praising you as are all the saints and holy angles there with you! Amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity