Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,487,874 times

Advertisements

What is yours?
When I think of this criminal...so bad, so terrible he wasn't imprisoned...he was crucified...
how wretched of a life he must have led...and here he is...one moment of recognition..one moment
of asking in hope to be remembered...and instantly the heart of Jesus...so hungry for love, so
focused only on love that he offers this criminal Paradise. ❤️
Oh, it makes my heart swoon at Jesus' entire being, his essence of purity and innocence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 PM

6,827 posts, read 2,953,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What is yours?
When I think of this criminal...so bad, so terrible he wasn't imprisoned...he was crucified...
how wretched of a life he must have led...and here he is...one moment of recognition..one moment
of asking in hope to be remembered...and instantly the heart of Jesus...so hungry for love, so
focused only on love that he offers this criminal Paradise. ❤️
Oh, it makes my heart swoon at Jesus' entire being, his essence of purity and innocence.
Would that society - including many Christians - could be so forgiving of one's past deeds, whether they affected us or not, especially where a change in the lives of such people are clearly evident.

While trivial and not intending to minimize what you say above ...I happened upon a Christian Forum some weeks ago where I had been previously banned. I can't remember what I was banned for as it occurred more than a dozen years ago. I don't use profanity either on forums or in real life so it would not have been for that reason. It would likely have been for simply not agreeing with the party politics/religious beliefs of the forum owners or some such thing. I had even forgotten the name of the forum in question and just happened to click on to it without much of a thought behind it. Anyway, the word "Banned" hit me as soon as I logged on. The next piece of text from this Christian Forum floored me somewhat. It read: "Date For The Ban Lifted: Never."

I've seen posts on this forum that show no trace of a forgiving attitude toward certain people who are, it would appear, attempting to turn their lives around. We've either become more of a hateful, vindictive society or social media is otherwise highlighting what has always been. I, personally, have always had a forgiving nature, although it may take me a while before I get around to it. And, some 25 years ago, I forgave a man (my father) who had been responsible for the authorities stepping in and making me (then aged 6) and my older brother and sister wards of the state where I remained for six years. This was MANY years ago AND on a different continent. The ONLY memory I had of him was of his throwing things around the house in a fit of drunken rage and beating up my mom while I looked on helplessly and cried ...on many occasions. Anyway, I was told of his location (as I say, on a different continent) by my sister who had spoken with him (then recently) on the telephone. So, I thought it high time to write a letter reminding him who I was, telling him of the awful things that I remembered about him, my time institutionalized in the foster home for so much of my young life on account of his bad behavior ...then I forgave him for those things. His response was in the form of a 20-page letter which started out with ..."Your letter made me feel like a human being again. Thank you SO much." He died about 15 years ago.

So, yes, if people get nothing else from the Jesus of the New Testament other than His teaching forgiveness for those who wrong us, then ...that's at least something.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:33 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,441,384 times
MissH, the little everyday things are the most beautiful to me.

The person who cares faithfully for their spouse with Alzheimer's.
The older sibling who patiently plays with their rambunctious younger sibling.
The younger sibling who runs to hug the older sibling when they're crying.
The stranger who picks up a dropped wallet and returns it to its owner.
The nephew who visits his aging aunt.
The aging aunt who cheerfully shares her stories and wisdom with her nephew.
The person who fills the car with gas so their spouse or child doesn't have to.
The person who bags the groceries so the bread won't get smashed and the jars won't break.
The woman who tells a stranger that something she's wearing is beautiful.
The person in traffic who slows down to let another person merge safely.
The guy who shovels his neighbors' driveway or mows their lawn when they can't do it themselves.
The people who stand up for someone being bullied.
The people who see someone hurting or in need, and take the time to see what they can do to help.

I could go on forever, I think. But, it's the little/big everyday things that make me swoon.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:49 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,747,935 times
you might like this Miss.H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYLFNSSv8N4

Old 08-04-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
.... Anyway, the word "Banned" hit me as soon as I logged on.
It read: "Date For The Ban Lifted: Never."

"Your letter made me feel like a human being again. Thank you SO much."

So, yes, if people get nothing else from the Jesus of the New Testament other than His teaching forgiveness for those who wrong us, then ...that's at least something.
What a beautiful thing to share, thank you, Romulus.
I was banned from the forum 'gracecentered'..very rigid there..mods that loved me tried to
get me back even...called me personally on the phone...but nope.
Forgiveness is a key to 'it all'. Yup.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I could go on forever, I think. But, it's the little/big everyday things that make me swoon.
You are really tuned into love, Pleroo...

Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,970,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You are really tuned into love, Pleroo...
True 'dat!

Old 08-04-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
you might like this Miss.H
[youtube]
Ah, you know me so well !
Very blessed girl! Been there...but didn't breath Jesus' breath! Wow.
Thank you, n..Xuipa

Old 08-04-2017, 10:48 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,833,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
Beautiful testimony.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:56 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,966,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

The person who cares faithfully for their spouse with Alzheimer's.
The older sibling who patiently plays with their rambunctious younger sibling.
The younger sibling who runs to hug the older sibling when they're crying.
The stranger who picks up a dropped wallet and returns it to its owner.
The nephew who visits his aging aunt.
The aging aunt who cheerfully shares her stories and wisdom with her nephew.
The person who fills the car with gas so their spouse or child doesn't have to.
The person who bags the groceries so the bread won't get smashed and the jars won't break.
The woman who tells a stranger that something she's wearing is beautiful.
The person in traffic who slows down to let another person merge safely.
The guy who shovels his neighbors' driveway or mows their lawn when they can't do it themselves.
The people who stand up for someone being bullied.
The people who see someone hurting or in need, and take the time to see what they can do to help.

I love this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity