Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 07:42 PM

439 posts, read 341,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Jehovah's Witness. One of them commented on this thread trying to stick up for the baker that refused to make a wedding cake for the gay couple. Same principle applies so I was shocked they did that. Unless something has changed in the 30 years since I left.
THat was the first church I attended in high school. Studied with them for a year.

They had a book called Live Forever in Paradise on Earth that predicted, exactly, the end of the world.

That has done gone and passed.

I did not attend any church for almost two decades afterwards.

Those people are the most depraved, horrific psychos I've ever came across.

Breaking up a family over the guy smoking cigarettes.

Ailenating his children from him. It was so sad.

I sat next to him at the Kingdom hall and was warned not to speak to him

Silly, that was my ex bus driver. Bunch of heretics. Left after giving the true gospel to them all in the van

Parents told my friends they couldn't talk to me

I am so sorry you endured all of that.

They come to my door from time to time but just parrott the same memorized verses.

Then leave deeming me some kind of something, any excuse not to hear the truth

I pray for a few friends that cult stole from me way back when

I've never encountered so much destruction of peoples souls since then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 07:45 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,586,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
She most certainly did not.

And i would love to hear about a lawsuit for libel.
Give all the proceeds to charity. Like rape victims.
A lawsuit with no merit is very difficult to win.

She stated in court, in response to the judge, that no she would not comply with his order. This is a matter of public record. Feel free to look it up.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:46 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,280,065 times
Quote:
If you don't believe she violated Bible principles by breaking civil law when she had a choice not to we're not going to settle this. That's my whole point.
Her choice ends up costing the taxpayers 220K in damages as well. Davis had also taken an oath to do her job which she also broke. I wonder if Davis was Muslim would she be getting the same support from the same people?

Old 10-22-2017, 07:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Quote:
If you don't believe she violated Bible principles by breaking civil law when she had a choice not to we're not going to settle this. That's my whole point.
Quit running in circles.
Are you going to confess with your lips?

Old 10-22-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Her choice ends up costing the taxpayers 220K in damages as well. Davis had also taken an oath to do her job which she also broke. I wonder if Davis was Muslim would she be getting the same support from the same people?
That's all.
I thought the judge would of recieved more than that.
But who's counting???

Old 10-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
She took an oath to do exactly what she did.

Problem came is when those Rulers later passed a law without FULL authority to do so.
they operate within Gods ordinances.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:57 PM

691 posts, read 415,406 times
thats a pretty good question. according to Christian scriptures- a divorce is permitted with sexual immorality as the cause. ( the guy cheated? or the lady ? either? )

if no sexual immorality happened then his divorcing her causes her to commit adultery ( just because the guy leaves and says divorce does not mean God agreed )

further more a divorced woman can not be remarried at all with out the man marrying her becoming an adulator.. that's a pretty thin line...

so if the Christian baker or certificate clerk really were acting according to their scriptures... then logically they could deny same sex couples under the Constitution IF they also denied any couples that were on their 2nd or 3rd marriage...right?

I believe that incident was more of " those people aren't as good as these people" judgments and that's why it failed SO badly.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
A lawsuit with no merit is very difficult to win.

She stated in court, in response to the judge, that no she would not comply with his order. This is a matter of public record. Feel free to look it up.
Oh, please explain to all the readers here how this mertorious legal system of yours works.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
thats a pretty good question. according to Christian scriptures- a divorce is permitted with sexual immorality as the cause. ( the guy cheated? or the lady ? either? )

if no sexual immorality happened then his divorcing her causes her to commit adultery ( just because the guy leaves and says divorce does not mean God agreed )

further more a divorced woman can not be remarried at all with out the man marrying her becoming an adulator.. that's a pretty thin line...

so if the Christian baker or certificate clerk really were acting according to their scriptures... then logically they could deny same sex couples under the Constitution IF they also denied any couples that were on their 2nd or 3rd marriage...right?

I believe that incident was more of " those people aren't as good as these people" judgments and that's why it failed SO badly.
The thing is she wouldn't have the knowledge to deny such anyhow. So it never comes into play

No one asked me if I'd been married before and are now divorced when issuing the marriage license

It's not her job as a Christian to seek out past sin of others

Old 10-22-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post

Yes, this legal Hodge is a feign
With marriage recognised as male female. The courts actually have less confusion on rulling divorce cases.
Adultery, physical violence, are a few deciding factors.
Enter in a double variable and everything gets ugly.
Unless of course these judges basically just run a print mill and sit back on the back 9 Clubhouse vip. Suite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity