Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-19-2017, 02:11 PM
 
9,588 posts, read 4,981,550 times
Reputation: 755

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, that has absolutely nothing to do with it.


''Approaching the throne of Grace.''


Let me help you out, this saying is only said on one day because you ONLY approach the throne of grace one day out of the year, and you have to do this every single year in boldness and in confidence, and not one Christian who doesn't keep the appointed Sabbaths can approach the throne AT ALL.


If you don't accept the Sabbaths of God, YOU CANNOT enter into the Holy place because you aren't Israel, and if you don't accept the feasts and Sabbaths of God, you can't receive God's promise of being sealed in your forehead against Yom Kippur in order to come boldly to the throne of grace.


THE ONLY people who can approach the throne of grace in confidence and boldness are those people who have accepted the Sabbaths and feasts of God and this is a biblical fact.


You don't approach the throne at all unless you have converted to the ways of God, and this is done in confidence that YOU ACCEPTED the feasts of Jesus and his sacrifices FOR YOU.


ONLY ISRAEL can approach the throne on Yom Kippur because they are the only ones sealed in their forehead for the Sabbaths they keep, and the confidence comes from you knowing that you accepted Christ and his feasts and Sabbaths.


So no, that's has nothing to do with Jesus turning over the tables, it was the change of the responsibility of who was to supply those sacrifices, and this is the prince, the prince came and threw them out because it was his business, not theirs.

They just can't get it through their heads that the whole book nearly was written to Jews who knew the law and kept the feasts, and didn't make it up as they went along, they were actually referring to something that had ALREADY BEEN. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2017, 02:54 PM
 
Location: minnesota
15,792 posts, read 6,200,595 times
Reputation: 5032
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadducees
they believed in nothing spiritual and since God is spirt. so they were in all effects materialist , the
Which is philosophy held by all current atheists.
so if you forced all theists into their society at that time.. for power and political reasons.. they would be the very rich and politically powerful underhanded and worse Sadducees . because they didn't really believe in God ..
but bad news for your attempts at this argument .. .. they wrote 0% of the Bible..( you can thank the Lord )

now some of the Sadducees No doubt had commentaries in the
extra biblical "jewish" writings.. ps these should have been burned probably ..

Even Paul as a ex murder of christians and a Pharisee( By birthright and politically so to speak ) tries to remove himself and christianity from any connections to the Sadducees sect over and over .. so dang they sure must have been something .
yes Athiest and agnostics in a religious social system like Judah or Israel was..
would all have been politically the underhanded but powerful and lying and rich militant Sadducees who had political control of the temple !
just like they have control of the education systems here now.. aint nothing new under this sun..
I asked that question because you stated atheists told you Christians should turn the other cheek. Isn't it the Bible that says that? Being called a Sadducee is a new one for me. I'm going to have to think about that one to see if any of it applies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 04:33 PM
 
Location: New England
37,336 posts, read 28,041,898 times
Reputation: 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, that has absolutely nothing to do with it.


''Approaching the throne of Grace.''


Let me help you out, this saying is only said on one day because you ONLY approach the throne of grace one day out of the year, and you have to do this every single year in boldness and in confidence, and not one Christian who doesn't keep the appointed Sabbaths can approach the throne AT ALL.


If you don't accept the Sabbaths of God, YOU CANNOT enter into the Holy place because you aren't Israel, and if you don't accept the feasts and Sabbaths of God, you can't receive God's promise of being sealed in your forehead against Yom Kippur in order to come boldly to the throne of grace.


THE ONLY people who can approach the throne of grace in confidence and boldness are those people who have accepted the Sabbaths and feasts of God and this is a biblical fact.


You don't approach the throne at all unless you have converted to the ways of God, and this is done in confidence that YOU ACCEPTED the feasts of Jesus and his sacrifices FOR YOU.


ONLY ISRAEL can approach the throne on Yom Kippur because they are the only ones sealed in their forehead for the Sabbaths they keep, and the confidence comes from you knowing that you accepted Christ and his feasts and Sabbaths.


So no, that's has nothing to do with Jesus turning over the tables, it was the change of the responsibility of who was to supply those sacrifices, and this is the prince, the prince came and threw them out because it was his business, not theirs.
Once a year An ever present help in times of trouble , let us boldly approach the throne of grace in time of need, sorry no can do we are closed 364 day a years .

Does Buddha's sister get you through the 364 days the throne of grace is closed?.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-19-2017 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 04:54 PM
 
Location: minnesota
15,792 posts, read 6,200,595 times
Reputation: 5032
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadducees
they believed in nothing spiritual and since God is spirt. so they were in all effects materialist , the
Which is philosophy held by all current atheists.
so if you forced all theists into their society at that time.. for power and political reasons.. they would be the very rich and politically powerful underhanded and worse Sadducees . because they didn't really believe in God ..
but bad news for your attempts at this argument .. .. they wrote 0% of the Bible..( you can thank the Lord )

now some of the Sadducees No doubt had commentaries in the
extra biblical "jewish" writings.. ps these should have been burned probably ..

Even Paul as a ex murder of christians and a Pharisee( By birthright and politically so to speak ) tries to remove himself and christianity from any connections to the Sadducees sect over and over .. so dang they sure must have been something .
yes Athiest and agnostics in a religious social system like Judah or Israel was..
would all have been politically the underhanded but powerful and lying and rich militant Sadducees who had political control of the temple !
just like they have control of the education systems here now.. aint nothing new under this sun..
OK so I read up on the beliefs on the Sadducee and I think you are confused as to what an atheist is. No after life and no punishment or reward is in line with being unconvinced of a sentient creator although it's not necessary. Atheism is simply stating you see no evidence to support the statement of "there is a God". It doesn't encompass things like materialism or free will or after life or soul or rebirth or any of that. You can believe in reincarnation or karma and still be an atheist. Buddhist are atheists and they are very spiritual. There really isn't a whole hell of a lot you can tell about a person simply because of the label atheist. It tells less about a person than the label Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 07:31 PM
 
21,862 posts, read 19,015,734 times
Reputation: 17980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You've called me misogynistic and anti-Semitic.

Being "kind" to someone you believe is going to hell is like giving a great last dinner to someone going to the gas chamber. "Wish you well in hell!"

Why are you on the Christian thread if you are Jewish? I worship a Jew named Jesus who didn't worship the OT as you do. If you do not consider Him to be your Messiah, then you have every right to reject His entire purpose of Love. But then you have no right to criticize atheists who reject Jesus as a Messiah as well. But many of them, not all, see Jesus as a great role model for agape love
.
Do you ask all the atheists and pagans and agnostics and people who are anti-religion that also? "Why are you on the Crstn thread if you are atheist" "Why are you on the Crstn thread if you are agnostic" "Why are you on the Crstn thread if you are pagan" "Why are you on the Crstn thread if you are anti-religion"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2017, 07:34 PM
 
21,862 posts, read 19,015,734 times
Reputation: 17980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You've called me misogynistic and anti-Semitic.

Being "kind" to someone you believe is going to hell is like giving a great last dinner to someone going to the gas chamber. "Wish you well in hell!"

Why are you on the Christian thread if you are Jewish? I worship a Jew named Jesus who didn't worship the OT as you do. If you do not consider Him to be your Messiah, then you have every right to reject His entire purpose of Love. But then you have no right to criticize atheists who reject Jesus as a Messiah as well. But many of them, not all, see Jesus as a great role model for agape love
.
so by your own admission you worship a dead Jew.
instead of worshiping God.

no mention of God at all.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-19-2017 at 08:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 12:03 AM
 
63,367 posts, read 39,639,230 times
Reputation: 7772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
so by your own admission you worship a dead Jew.
instead of worshiping God.
no mention of God at all.
You know enough about Christianity to know that at the very least Christians believe that Jesus embodied all that God IS (which is love). The lack of knowledge about consciousness (that exists even to this day) is what produces all the confusion because Jesus possessed a consciousness that is IDENTICAL to God's. That is why Christians are to use the "mind of Christ" to know the mind of God. Pragmatically, there is no significant difference between worshiping Jesus as the representation of God and worshiping God. Jesus DOES tell us to pray to our Father in Heaven, NOT Him, but that is nitpicking given the Christian confusion and Trinitarianism. If you intend to nitpick among the Trinitarians and the Jehovah Witnesses and the myriad other factions about exactly what the relationship is between Jesus and God, that approaches baiting and trolling, NOT sincere and honest discourse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 02:04 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
17,071 posts, read 10,815,480 times
Reputation: 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus overturned those tables because Ezekiel had changed the law according to the sacrifices.
No, Hanni, Jesus overturned those tables because the moneychangers were using their position to make a profit from the worshippers. What Part of "It is written," he said to them, "'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'" applies to your idea of Ezekiel making changes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 02:43 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
10,688 posts, read 7,645,405 times
Reputation: 4674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
so by your own admission you worship a dead Jew.
instead of worshiping God.

no mention of God at all.
To us who have been born again, Jesus IS God--one and the same. Everything we want to know about God, His nature, His actions, His love---all revealed in Jesus.

I now know why Jews are on here! God wants us to witness about His Son to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 03:32 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
10,688 posts, read 7,645,405 times
Reputation: 4674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Again, point to where I ever said ANYONE was going to "hell". Your hatred of fundies includes ANYONE who believes the word of G-d regardless of what they believe it to say, and you have NO IDEA obviously what I believe, yet you are all too happy to condemn me over it, all the time lecturing everyone about "agape love". Never said I rejected the Messiah either, far from it. You don't stop being Jewish just because you accept the Messiah. Neither have I criticized atheists. Open your eyes before you open your mouth for once, and really SEE who it is you're talking to. Peace
Since virtually no one but Hanni has any clue about who they posting to when posting to you because of all the coded language then you should realize the Spirit speaks to us in otherworldly ways in dimensions beyond your capability and which God refused to write down in order to allow the comets to makie heavenly visual comments about how the world will be rescued by leaving the blind to wander aimlessly with no prosaic intent to provide meaningful communication for those who have never received the cosmos into their souls!

See, all of us can speak in code!! And it can mean anything we want it to mean. And if this seems foolish to you, you have just begun to imagine how you sound to people who use the brains God gave them.

I'm glad to know you are Jewish, but the Messiah you worship isn't Jesus. The Messiah you WANT is one waving a sword with lightning coming from his eyes crushing your enemies and making those left your footstool. That was, for the most part, ALWAYS the messiah the Jews of diaspora looked forward to seeing.

Jesus died on a cross to show something DIFFERENT from what Jews have been looking for. Instead of a restoration of their earthly kingdom, He came to show we win by losing, we come in first by being last, we find love by loving our enemies. I don't even buy the Christian version of the Jewish vengeful messiah which is a thousand year reign of a "King" who certainly sounds like a military man carrying an AK-47.

And you are again FOOLISH for thinking those of us who believe in something better than you do don't read the Bible and study it. Good for you if you are working on your Hebrew. You might try reading some of the Talmud so that you understand the MANY, MANY different rabbinical viewpoints about virtually all your Jewish doctrines. But you are purely stuck in the mud and appear incapable of learning from anyone---even those Jews you claim to be a part of.

The Talmud of the Jews has TWO versions, a Babylonian and a Yerushalmi (Jerusalem) Talmud. While the Mishnah is almost identical other than their order, the Gemara are sometimes the same and sometimes not. They show the different lines of thinking that historically took place regarding Jewish life and the Torah and Prophets. The Jerusalem Talmud shows more Greek influence.

If the Jews can do that without incurring your wrath, then you should be as open to different interpretations of the New Testament. After all just about ALL Jewish "Christians" were dead after 70 A.D. so the "Gentile" Christianity has an equal claim to interpret as whatever you think a handful of possibly surviving Jewish Christians thought when they had been scattered in every direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top